closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Ultimate Curry Resource

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    A wee bump for this thread made a few curries before and they were cracking Hooe to find a few more in here

Sent from my VOG-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

I remember a few years ago, someone posted what they said was the ultimate curry recipe. I seem to remember it was lamb or beef, and made in a slow cooker. Does anyone remember it?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I remember a few years ago, someone posted what they said was the ultimate curry recipe. I seem to remember it was lamb or beef, and made in a slow cooker. Does anyone remember it?

I think you’re referring to Jon’s (b11ocx) beef madras recipe? Page 4 of The Recipe Thread.

I’ve made it several times and it’s excellent. It’s a bit of an odd recipe in that you think that there’s just way too much in the way of dry spices when you’ve got them all prepared, especially as there are no wet ingredients other than the can of tomatoes and a matchbox sized piece of creamed coconut block.... but it just works out brilliantly. Much of the liquid content comes out if the beef itself.

Gary
    Last edited by galewis; 10th March 2021 at 15:37.

Quote Originally Posted by galewis View Post
    I think you’re referring to Jon’s (b11ocx) beef madras recipe? Page 4 of The Recipe Thread.

I’ve made it several times and it’s excellent. It’s a bit of an odd recipe in that you think that there’s just way too much in the way of dry spices when you’ve got them all prepared, especially as there’s no wet ingredients other than the can of tomatoes and a matchbox sized piece of creamed coconut block.... but it just works out brilliantly. Much of the liquid content comes out if the beef itself.

Gary
    That sounds like the one. Thanks!

Link: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post1019640

Started using the Curry guy bible, make a big batch of base sauce then away you go with whatever curry you want.
    The chicken tikka is superb, I use a hot grill but think an air fryer might be better.

Journeyman
    I've tried cooking Currys from scratch and always been disappointed.
    I'll check out this thread and see if I can change my opinion on homemade Currys.