I do this routinely and works every time. I use a pressure cooker because it allows not to stir
continuously, and it is faster without compromising on quality.

For two/three persons, “risotto alle zucchine e pancetta”.

Use rice varieties like “Vialone Nano” or “Carnaroli” when you want the grains to stay fairly separated.
These risottos include champagne risotto, mussels risotto, asparagus or artichoke risotto. These varieties
require 8.5 mins in the pressure cooker.

When you want grains slightly melting into each other, use “Arborio” variety. This requires 7.5 mins in
the pressure cooker. Use it for fish, mushrooms, vegetable risotto.

Prepare 500 mls of stock, vegetable or pork (three times the volume of rice). Use a bit of saffron or
turmeric in the stock. Keep warm.

Slice finely one zucchina, some garlic, and a bit of parsley and basil. When everything else is ready,
you will shallow this in the pressure cooker with a spoonful of extra-virgin olive oil.

Slice “a la julienne” three slices of bacon. If you half-freeze the bacon (i.e. 45 mins in the freezer),
it helps the fine cutting. Shallow fry in a pan, drain well on some paper, and add half of the bacon to
the vegetables in the pressure cooker. The other half will be used as garnish at the end.

Add 166 grams of Arborio rice in a pan with a bit of oil. Stir and let the rice toast for two mins without
burning. Add it to the pressure cooker.

Add in the pressure cooker 500mls of warm stock and saffron. Put on low heat stir once and close the pressure cooker.

Once the steam comes out of the valve, reduce the fire to the minimum which is still able to cause very little steam
to escape. After 7.5 mins stop the cooker, and let the steam out.

Taste it, should need no salt as the bacon and the stock contain salt already, but if needed add.

“Mantecatura”: add a knob of butter, or some grated parmesan of the highest quality (some 20 grams).
Stir gently in the serving plate while the rice is warm, and leave to rest for 3 mins.

When you serve, add the rest of the bacon on top , and a sparkle of finely chopped parsley and basil.

Personally I would drink with it an extremely dry white wine like Verdicchio or Aragosta or Arbia Secco,
but a smoky Sancerre also works very well.

Ciao
Franco