closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 246 of 421 FirstFirst ... 146196236244245246247248256296346 ... LastLast
Results 12,251 to 12,300 of 21010

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Arrived after a long wait , glad to have it .

this is fantastic, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    Finally get to try one of these. Orange rubber arrived today as well. Full fat version

Might have to take my PO off orange rubber now.

2021 vow now broken

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Still my favourite Eddie and won't be going anywhere - it is just so well proportioned.

Quote Originally Posted by numberjack View Post
    Arrived after a long wait , glad to have it .
    Superb, congrats and welcome to the club! I'm still not 100% convinced on the look with the bracelet, but I've gotten used to it. Plus the bracelet is very comfortable and balances the diver well. If you need a change up, I highly suggest perlon, extremely comfortable and so well balanced (NATO may not fit, unless its 1mm thick. Not much gap).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    this is fantastic, congrats!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post

Superb, congrats and welcome to the club! I'm still not 100% convinced on the look with the bracelet, but I've gotten used to it. Plus the bracelet is very comfortable and balances the diver well. If you need a change up, I highly suggest perlon, extremely comfortable and so well balanced (NATO may not fit, unless its 1mm thick. Not much gap).
    Thanks , I was unsure about the bracelet before it arrived based on pictures but very pleased initially.
    I will order a strap to change it occasionally though .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Would love to know your thoughts on the bracelet. Looks sweet, I must admit I'm tempted.
    It’s surprisingly comfortable bearing in mind it’s not too flexible, it doesn’t lie flat if put down with the clasp closed.

Looks wise on the wrist I really like it. If I get chance tomorrow I’ll take a few more pics.

I take crap pictures but super-pleased with this FC Highlife that has just come in this afternoon:

https://imgur.com/a/4kTh3rY

(how do you embed images without them being absolutely massive? )

Last edited by Alansmithee; 29th January 2021 at 16:49.

Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Very happy with my first GS.

Congratulations, I have always admired this watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    I take crap pictures but super-pleased with this FC Highlife that has just come in this afternoon:

(how do you embed images without them being absolutely massive? )
    If you click on the image in your IMGUR library, you'll see a suite of links to copy on the right hand side and in the bottom right corner you have the size options. Pick the relevant size (huge thumbnail works well for this forum) and then copy the "BBCode" option. Paste that link directly in your comment without any edits and job done

Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    It’s surprisingly comfortable bearing in mind it’s not too flexible, it doesn’t lie flat if put down with the clasp closed.

Looks wise on the wrist I really like it. If I get chance tomorrow I’ll take a few more pics.
    That's good to hear. It's definitely quite different looking and eye catching!

Baby Willard on Watchgecko rubber

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonasy View Post
    Very happy with my first GS.

Fantastic watch, congratulations. I’m considering this or the sbgw231 as my next watch. How’s the height?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
    Congratulations, I have always admired this watch!
    Many thanks, and it looks like you got your 7a28 in the end, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Nudlar View Post
    Fantastic watch, congratulations. I’m considering this or the sbgw231 as my next watch. How’s the height?
    Cheers, height is not so great thanks for asking :) I think it measures 13.7mm but almost 2 of them are due to the domed sapphire. It sits very well on the wrist, but a slim watch it's not. I'm not too bothered by it.

Look, would I want it thinner? Hell yes. But I also love the 72h power reserve, and the fact that you can get a beautiful watch finished to Patek level with a very solid and accurate movement with a GMT complication for less than 4k new. If the thickness is the compromise I think that is a reasonable trade off.

GS seem to be on the path of slimmer movements and higher price tags so we shall see what happens in the future.

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Today a nice vintage quartz Dugena for me with 1/20 second chronograph 39,6 mm diameter and 12 mm thick 300 mt water resistance counter clockwise turning blue bezel with luminous pip with Myota 0S60 caliber inside with nice blue dial and Mercedes hands still with lume and screw in pushers and crowns and beautiful oyster band all stainless steel cleaned and polished and running very nice. Still some scratches on the crystal...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

And a 60 minute totaliser at 12! That's great.

A very functional piece indeed.

Not a watch, but related - and now I feel ready for going back into a couple of offices on Tuesday :)

It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Zelos Swordfish Black Sand 42mm:

Master
    Two new incomings:

Sinn U50

And

Vintage Bucherer

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Two new incomings:

Sinn U50

And

Vintage Bucherer
    Getting Sinn envy!!

Had these two arrive in the last couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After many years on this forum and many watches later I have finally committed to purchasing my first brand new Rolex. I cannot wait for the arrival of my new 214270 Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    After many years on this forum and many watches later I have finally committed to purchasing my first brand new Rolex. I cannot wait for the arrival of my new 214270 Explorer.

They are a great watch, I keep questioning myself why I have mine on SC!

There is a good review from Hodinkee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrG5ufXDEA
    Last edited by boring_sandwich; 31st January 2021 at 17:48.

PAM00557 arrived today & much, much nicer than expected, barely worn.

Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

Lovely. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by JayGee View Post

This is the nicest modern Panerai in my opinion. Its a real looker. Enjoy

Craftsman
    Congratulations from a fellow resident of the fine City.......it will be great to see when it arrives and hopefully not too long

Perhaps I've misunderstood, but have you been told you're getting the watch or that you're on the list of interested people?

It's my favourite watch personally, so I hope you do get one as I don't think you'll regret it.

Sometimes, less is more. I'm unexpectedly happy with my new Traska :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
    Now that is nice

Congratulations, good to hear..I'm finding myself very drawn to their Commuter model, daft name I know...but it's not on the dial so who cares, and the size at 36.5 is a touch smaller than I usually wear but the white dial looks rather cool in a White Rolex OP sort've way...and with the chamfers and domed crystal looks better to my eye,

https://www.traskawatch.com/commuter/p/glacier-white

Is the bracelet comfortable and does the metal hardening process really work would you say, if you don't mind me asking...

Those are nice, I really like the olive green version.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Perhaps I've misunderstood, but have you been told you're getting the watch or that you're on the list of interested people?

It's my favourite watch personally, so I hope you do get one as I don't think you'll regret it.
    I shall be buying it as soon as it comes into Store. Cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    They are a great watch, I keep questioning myself why I have mine on SC!

There is a good review from Hodinkee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RrG5ufXDEA
    Thank you. A great review. Don’t sell it. I had a lovely Mk1 214270 which I bought and sold on this Forum. It’s my biggest regret selling it. Hence, my buying another.

Master
    This arrived from SC on Friday and snaffled by my son as it is his new favourite amongst my watches. I have finally managed to retrieve it.

The dial is quite something.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Now that is nice
    Thanks mate!

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Congratulations, good to hear..I'm finding myself very drawn to their Commuter model, daft name I know...but it's not on the dial so who cares, and the size at 36.5 is a touch smaller than I usually wear but the white dial looks rather cool in a White Rolex OP sort've way...and with the chamfers and domed crystal looks better to my eye,

https://www.traskawatch.com/commuter/p/glacier-white

Is the bracelet comfortable and does the metal hardening process really work would you say, if you don't mind me asking...
    It is indeed, no hair pulling at all, etc. I'd say the hardening process is effective. The watch is one year old but it has pretty much no wear signs at all. Also, the steel has a different shade, looks more like titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Those are nice, I really like the olive green version.
    That one looks great too. I've been pleasantly surprised by the depth of the blue on the dial. Blue can look easily tacky imo, but here is doesn't.

Master
    This just arrived and I absolutely love it, thin and light and very comfortable to wear

I broke my pledge for this + gambled on Thiefbay's vagabond's lottery + paid a bit over the odds (£250) for what was a £400 wristwatch from an uncool brand - and like the fool I am, I'm chuffed.

I've loved this design since it came-out - I have a quasi-fetish for little details that a lot of people hate: round date windows at 4, tictac-shaped indices, ceramic bezels, skeleton-hands, and even the lazy-barstool-friendly presence of a quartz movement... The white date disc even takes the place of one of the indices - matching in position, colour and size: - some actual thought and care went into this design.

Tissot binned this model in 2018 in favour of an inferior version with aluminium bezel, boring solid hands, boring indices, white-on-black date disc, all-silver hands rather than coloured chrono hands... &c. And it costs more. Boo!

Had my eye open for one of these for the last couple of years, but they've always been too pricey, outside the EU (or latterly, UK), ratty, incomplete, &c.

I got lucky this time - not sure if this was the apocryphal "unwanted gift" or what, but there are no signs of wear - not so much as a dab of fromage-du-wrist, nor bucklescuff. Full set.

Which is nice.

Last edited by earlofsodbury; 2nd February 2021 at 12:45.

Thank you Wooster.

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    This just arrived and I absolutely love it, thin and light and very comfortable to wear

Fantastic! Good move buying one of these, love it.

Sometimes we make mistakes and part with things we really should not have...cars and watches being my selling mistakes..

Anyway you have to bite the bullet and buy back in...at prevailing rate ....

Cannot believe how I could have parted with my 116600 - putting this lovely NOS on wrist reminds me just how good they are ..won't be parting with this so quickly....such a great reference.

The first of a few straps arriving this week

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I broke my pledge for this + gambled on Thiefbay's vagabond's lottery + paid a bit over the odds (£250) for what was a £400 wristwatch from an uncool brand - and like the fool I am, I'm chuffed.

I've loved this design since it came-out - I have a quasi-fetish for little details that a lot of people hate: round date windows at 4, tictac-shaped indices, ceramic bezels, skeleton-hands, and even the lazy-barstool-friendly presence of a quartz movement... The white date disc even takes the place of one of the indices - matching in position, colour and size: - some actual thought and care went into this design.

Tissot binned this model in 2018 in favour of an inferior version with aluminium bezel, boring solid hands, boring indices, white-on-black date disc, all-silver hands rather than coloured chrono hands... &c. And it costs more. Boo!

Had my eye open for one of these for the last couple of years, but they've always been too pricey, outside the EU (or latterly, UK), ratty, incomplete, &c.

I got lucky this time - not sure if this was the apocryphal "unwanted gift" or what, but there are no signs of wear - not so much as a dab of fromage-du-wrist, nor bucklescuff. Full set.

Which is nice.
    I like that a lot. The date window is great IMO. Dates often just distract from the overall aesthetic when not at 6pm so having it there but styled like the hour marker makes for a really well balanced dial.

Well it’s very early days as I’ve only had this on the wrist for a couple of hours... but crikey, this seems to be a very well out together watch for a very reasonable price. I’m looking forward to getting some wear out of this one.

Not a watch but excited to read this:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    ]
    That looks great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chewitt13 View Post
    The first of a few straps arriving this week
    Send the others back, that's a killer look on that strap.

---

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazie! View Post
    I like that a lot. The date window is great IMO. Dates often just distract from the overall aesthetic when not at 6pm so having it there but styled like the hour marker makes for a really well balanced dial.
    You're absolutely right, and glad I'm not alone - so many watches approach well-integrated design, then muff it in some way, and date executions are probably top of the list. Little wonder that no-date versions of various classics are often the most sought-after.

New to me today.

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    New to me today.

I kept going back to that thread. A very understated watch. Absolutely lovely, congratulations.

Master
    New to me via sales corner
    piggy in the middle

Quote Originally Posted by daveyw View Post
    New to me today.

wow that cream dial is gorgeous, is that a molequin strap?

Quote Originally Posted by tommyzzj View Post
    wow that cream dial is gorgeous, is that a molequin strap?
    GS and W goatskin strap. linkbelow
    https://www.gsandw.co.uk