closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Omega Railmaster 1957 LE - Price Question

Craftsman

Omega Railmaster 1957 LE - Price Question

I would like to get the Omega Railmaster 1957 60th Anniversary model, and I think I have found one for sale no too far away from me; I am just waiting for them to confirm its actually in stock.

What would be considered to be a good price to pay for a new one? I am thinking of offering around £4.5k, is that about right or should I go in lower than that?

All opinions welcome, thanks!

Master
    I'd say that this would be a very good price:

https://www.terencelett.com/product/...-38-20-01-002/

Master
    That is a great find, well done binsull! I really like the planet ocean black and white also with 25 percent off there.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Some great discounts there

Master
    Another in the sale here, but not as good a deal as the one Binisull found!
    https://www.prestonandduckworth.co.u...0-38-20-01-002

Craftsman
    Thanks everyone, just placed the order with Terence Lett. That seems like a fantastic price, fingers crossed it arrives.

Edit: Received confirmation that it will be on the way shortly. Can't fault that for service.
    Last edited by electorn; 31st January 2021 at 12:43.

wow that's really a good price.. Love the 1957 series, the speedy is probably one of my favourite modern watches

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by electorn View Post
    Thanks everyone, just placed the order with Terence Lett. That seems like a fantastic price, fingers crossed it arrives.

Edit: Received confirmation that it will be on the way shortly. Can't fault that for service.
    Well done, great deal!
    I also keep getting tempted by this watch myself - been after a 36mm Railmaster for quite a while now with no joy.
    Enjoy your new watch when it arrives.

Well done OP... that’s a good price for the Railmaster. There’s one still available at my local AD and I believe that’s available for similar money... or was before I noticed Omega have raised the price to 6k ish!

I bought a ‘57 Seamaster last year for my son from the AD... lovely pieces and I’m sure this range will be coveted in the near future.

Craftsman
    The chap from the shop called yesterday; it seems someone else bought one on Sunday as well. Just a coincidence they both sold the same day?!

Craftsman
    Arrived today, absolutely fabulous watch. I love the look, size, domed crytsal, hands - not so keen on the bracelet, but that is just my personal preference. The clasp is, again this my opinion, too big and doesn't fit with the slender lines of the watch.
    I have popped it onto a generic leather strap for now whist I find a suitable replacement that works for me.

This is it next to my modern version:

Congrats .. have to say I’m a sucker for these fautina

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Nice pick up Sean, looks wonderful with a superb dial layout. You’re absolutely right about the thickness of the clasp. A little cumbersome on each of the anniversary editions, although beautifully constructed. I know how you generally prefer the comfort of straps to bracelets so look forward to seeing your chosen strap combos.

Master
    Arrived today, absolutely fabulous watch. I love the look, size, domed crytsal, hands - not so keen on the bracelet, but that is just my personal preference. The clasp is, again this my opinion, too big and doesn't fit with the slender lines of the watch.
    I have popped it onto a generic leather strap for now whist I find a suitable replacement that works for me.

This is it next to my modern version:

How does the normal rail master compare? I am looking at picking up one of these.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by shoppy View Post
    How does the normal rail master compare? I am looking at picking up one of these.
    This is a tricky one to answer! The dials are different beasts, new version changes colour from dark grey to a coppery sheen, the '57 is plain.

As you can see, the case shapes are different, I find the '57 more comfortable on my wrist but that is just personal preference; the new version wears great for me if I have it on a leather strap, just not too keen on bracelets - I love the look of them, I just find them heavy and uncomfortable over time. The new one is all brushed and has a screw down crown, the '57 has polished areas and has a non screw down crown (which I like actually).

Timekeeping on both appears to be spot on so far - no issues there at all.

To be honest, I planned to move the new one on when I got the '57 but they are different enough to keep both.

My thoughts on this is to choose the one you like the look of best and give it a shot!

If you are a lume junkie you will be disappointed, lume on both of mine is weak, the '59 notably worse.

Hope this helps in a small way.

Master
    While the clasps are undeniably large on these editions, having worn my Seamaster 57 trilogy for the past month, it is amazing how you get used to it. First few days I found it mildly annoying but now I don't notice it at all.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    This is a tricky one to .....are a lume junkie you will be disappointed, lume on both of mine is weak, the '59 notably worse.

Hope this helps in a small way.
    Thank you for the informative post; I struggle with the bracelet as they never are quite comfortable to me. Hence I went with the deployment for my Aqua Terra. The LE addition appeals to me; but I also sold my first one as I liked it in the showroom but not when I got home.

The rail master was never one on my radar, but I have seen a few on the forum recently and it has ignited an interest and in some ways would complement my millgauss.

Thank you again.
    Last edited by shoppy; 5th February 2021 at 11:19.