closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 105 of 178 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,250 of 8875

Thread: When stocks rebound, WHERE best to invest?

Stifel calling a spade a spade.

Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    If anyone is with me in KPTI - just a heads-up that they will release earnings tomorrow before market opening. Might see some volatility either side of the closing price.

I think I will just hold and see what happens.
    Numbers out, stock is trading just under $17 again.

Sold KPTI & GME. Don't ask me why, just doesn't feel right.

Bought Argo this am when BTC was at $45. Now at $48 and pumping. Didn't buy enough Argo for that to be a game changed but I can see a run to $60 in the next 48 hours

Sold KPTI & GME. Don't ask me why, just doesn't feel right.

I wonder what makes you think GME isn't a one way ticket to the moon?

:)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KingKitega View Post
    For those interested in crypto. Take a look at KR1. They are a digital asset investment company that invests in various projects and have a great track record - just have a look through their RNS's. Not the easiest stock to buy as its listed on the Aquis Exchange, but if you have a HL account or Barclays, you could buy it in your ISA/SIPP. I'm following their portfolio of investments and atm the shares are trading below NAV (~10%) and the market is not giving any benefit to their recurring returns of their holdings either.

*disclaimer, I'm holding some, along with miners ARB & MARA.
    Did you buy some mangoosian? Seems VISA, MasterCard, BNY all looking to incorporate crypto into their business this year so seems the space continues to gather momentum.

KR1 now up 40% since the above post, and demand seems insatiable after it starting trading in the US yesterday. Still think the stock is undervalued when you see what assets they hold, and the yield they generate on those assets. LT hold for me, and not for day trading.

Sent from my EVR-L29 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Managed eventually to get in on SSLN albeit at 2098 instead of the 1899 it closed at on friday.
    You still holding this?

Did you buy some mangoosian? Seems VISA, MasterCard, BNY all looking to incorporate crypto into their business this year so seems the space continues to gather momentum.

KR1 now up 40% since the above post, and demand seems insatiable after it starting trading in the US yesterday. Still think the stock is undervalued when you see what assets they hold, and the yield they generate on those assets. LT hold for me, and not for day trading.

HL won't allow online trading of this stock annoyingly

Master
    HL won't allow online trading of this stock annoyingly
    Yea, you have to place an order by telephone. Hefty charge that way too - think £50? - but Barclays can just buy online with their platform for £6 a trade.

Good luck Ryan - you seem to like volatility so you might love trading this!

Master
    Might be BS but the NAKD boys on Reddit are looking for a big push again today.

Ally is long and wrong in silver....

Master
    Back to investments rather than day trading China seems to be the place to invest at the moment, Baillie Gifford China Growth Ord is up over 6% today so far, massive rise for an investment trust in one day! Gave my SIPP a good boost.

Master
    I'm in a Fidelity China fund and it's performing better than everything else.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Might be BS but the NAKD boys on Reddit are looking for a big push again today.
    That was a fun 5 mins, in at 1.70 and back out at 2.0 my speed record! All a bit too volatile for me, good fun though.

I wonder what makes you think GME isn't a one way ticket to the moon?

:)
    Dunno. Just bought again at $51

Shouldn't really be doing this, but too tempted.

That was a fun 5 mins, in at 1.70 and back out at 2.0 my speed record! All a bit too volatile for me, good fun though.
    Dunno how you achieved that, the low during the trading session was $1.75.

It did trade at $1.70 very briefly in the pre market, around 13:45h GMT. But it didn't reach $2.00 before 14:35h, so definitely not 5 minutes but if you really hit both high and low it was still at least 50 minutes.

But cool story, bro.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    I'm in a Fidelity China fund and it's performing better than everything else.
    Special Situations?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    Special Situations?
    Yes, think so (off the top of my head)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by demonloop View Post
    Yes, think so (off the top of my head)
    Yes it’s been a strong performer for me also

Dunno. Just bought again at $51

Shouldn't really be doing this, but too tempted.
    Maybe time for me to take a few days of trading break after such a good period. Whip-sawing my portfolio value at the moment.

Is a £10.50 per quarter holding fee for shares high? Seems it. I'm drip feeding into some funds monthly but it would be good to have the autonomy of choosing shares too. I need to wait until April before opening as I want it inside a SS ISA so no rush.

Absolutely, yes.

Ben looking to buy back some shares which I sold last Friday but unfortunately missed the one and only dip it had after I sold.

I am a buyer closer to $25 for a run to $50.
    Down to slightly above 27 USD now...

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard View Post
    Down to slightly above 27 USD now...
    My buy order is at $24.88

Journeyman
    Back to investments rather than day trading China seems to be the place to invest at the moment, Baillie Gifford China Growth Ord is up over 6% today so far, massive rise for an investment trust in one day! Gave my SIPP a good boost.
    just read this and had to check my portfolio - very happy with that as only got in in December

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    just read this and had to check my portfolio - very happy with that as only got in in December
    Just bear in mind that if you buy present you are paying a 11%+ premium to the value of the underlying assets and if the BG shine wears off or they issue shares to control the discount/premium, it may not stay that way. The performance is great, but have half an eye on that premium.

Bought some more Microstrategy. Got it at $1017 a share just now with BTC at $48k when a few hours ago it was $1159 a share with BTC at $47k and on 9th Feb it was near $1300 a share with BTC around $46k. I can only assume there is some profit taking going on at end of day and I caught a low price.

Edit just got even more at $1004 a share. WTF?!!? Have I just missed some news that they've lost their ledger key?!!?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanb741; 11th February 2021 at 21:55.

Craftsman
    Tried with HL in my Sipp. Would not allow online purchase unfortunately and I was too busy to phone, etc.

Craftsman
    Bought some more Microstrategy. Got it at $1017 a share just now with BTC at $48k when a few hours ago it was $1159 a share with BTC at $47k and on 9th Feb it was near $1300 a share with BTC around $46k. I can only assume there is some profit taking going on at end of day and I caught a low price.

Edit just got even more at $1004 a share. WTF?!!? Have I just missed some news that they've lost their ledger key?!!?

I think people may be shifting out of proxy share positions into real crypto as their KYC for exchange accounts gets processed.

Your problem with MSTR is not their holdings of bitcoin, but the rest of it.

MSTR was a mediocre software company until last year, underperforming the SP500. When they announced their plans to start buying bitcoin in July 2020, the market cap was $1.2bln. This was the value of their business and included a couple of 100 mio Dollars in cash. So lets for simplicity say it was $1bln worth of business and $200M cash (maybe it was $800/$400, but it doesn't really matter for my back-of-the-envelope calcluation). Now they have turned that cash into $3bln of worth of bitcoin (it may have helped that they borrowed another $550M just to buy more bitcoin in December). Great news for the shareholders.

Trouble is, their share price has sky-rocketed and the market cap is almost $10bln today (down from $12bln two days ago). What does the rest of the valuation stand for? So we got $3bln of bitcoin, maybe $800M for the core business, minus 550bln debt - but the stock market prices the company at $10bln. So we got about $6bln to $7bln of very hot air in that valuation.

Enjoy the ride!

Master

MSTR has had an immense run, and their market cap has went up from 1bn to 9bn now? Seems overdone when the 70k odd BTC is worth 3.3bn, so it's quite an expensive way to get exposure to bitcoin. Mangoosian is right, maybe just better buying the real thing than a proxy now.

EDIT - just read Raffe's excellent explanation above.

Craftsman
    I was wondering if anyone can recommend me an app based platform for trading that offer customers zero commission and zero fees.

Having downloaded Trading 212 they are no longer accepting new clients and I have to join a waiting list.

My main share ISA and SIPP is with HL and I have set aside a little pot to use for day trading but the £8/10 fee to buy and sell is starting to annoy me. I want to move this small amount to the zero commission platform but keep the rest with HL.

Cooper.

I’m speculating a little here as I’ve not done any research.......but my guess is that none of these "free trading" platforms are actually free when you dig down into it.

The ones that offer free trades will have wider spreads, higher fees you pay when you buy certain funds/stocks and more costly FX fees, so you’ll end up paying more if you only do a few trades here and there.

There are far better platforms for trading than HL, but I wouldn’t necessarily insist on using one that’s free.

One can also argue that if you have to pay £10 per trade, you think longer and harder about each one and perhaps make fewer “spur of the moment” trades, which are often the ones to turn bad.

I’m sure Google will find you plenty of platform comparison guides and info to expand on.
    Last edited by mr noble; 12th February 2021 at 10:32.

Watch out, market looking fragile.

Master
    What are you seeing Raffe? Help us understand what is driving your decisions.

What are you seeing Raffe? Help us understand what is driving your decisions.

There's some bug going around apparently. S&P at all time highs indicates that maybe, just maybe, that this isn't priced in yet

It's these comments that could have some of us rushing to liquidate everything!

What's up?

GDP data bad, but we already knew that...

Where is Biden's next stimulus announcement?

Master
    There's some bug going around apparently. S&P at all time highs indicates that maybe, just maybe, that this isn't priced in yet

No sh!t sherlock. We've all been calling for a massive crash but it hasn't happened. But trying to follow our resident expert Raffe and trying to understand what is new.

Master
    It's fascinating, in a morbid, might-cost-me-a-lot-of-money sort of way.

Last year the best answer was to sit tight and do absolutely nothing as it turned out, for those that didn't sell before the crash anyway. I wonder what will happen this time round.

Quote Originally Posted by mr noble View Post
    It's these comments that could have some of us rushing to liquidate everything!

What's up?

GDP data bad, but we already knew that...

Where is Biden's next stimulus announcement?
    Please don't rush and liquidate everything. I do not provide investment advice and nothing I say should be considered that.

What I saw was an accelerating micro-selloff in futures, it has since stabilised.

I have gone short SP500 futures, not a high conviction bet but multiple mini crashes over the past three days have made me very careful.

Eye-eye Captain.

I have learnt not to over-react.

It's quite a squeaky bum time, though.....waiting for an impending crash whilst fully invested in the very stocks that will fall the hardest.

What do you think of the tactic of converting all to cash and then drip feeding in 1/24th each month for 2 years. That way for sure you'll get the crash but also probably the recovery and therefore shouldn't lose too much value after 2 years?

Master
    I think that it's an appalling idea that you won't have the discipline for in any case, to be brutally honest!

Master
    Dunno how you achieved that, the low during the trading session was $1.75.

It did trade at $1.70 very briefly in the pre market, around 13:45h GMT. But it didn't reach $2.00 before 14:35h, so definitely not 5 minutes but if you really hit both high and low it was still at least 50 minutes.

But cool story, bro.
    Blimey, just had a look and it was 14:35:10.

Anything to do with Presidents day on Monday?

Eye-eye Captain.

I have learnt not to over-react.

It's quite a squeaky bum time, though.....waiting for an impending crash whilst fully invested in the very stocks that will fall the hardest.
    I am oftentimes struggling with overreaction. My wrist mistakes during the past couple of months were that I sold my winners too early.

In January, I have owned three SPACS which performed >200% after I sold them with 40%-50% profit.

Discipline and sticking with your winners is the hardest bit, and I struggle with it all the time. Sold half of my TIGR position last Friday, that was very good timing but I missed the re-entry and looking back it wasn't such a great idea at all. Same with KOPN, bought at $2.50 and sold at $8.00 and $8.70 - hit $10.59 the day before yesterday.

Luxury problems, I know.

Blimey, just had a look and it was 14:35:10.

Anything to do with Presidents day on Monday?
    The story is not true as you told it. Maybe, just maybe you really did buy at the lowest possible price, but no no way this happened within five minutes. The tape never lies.

Quote Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
    I think that it's an appalling idea that you won't have the discipline for in any case, to be brutally honest!
    Oh yes I definitely won't have the discipline. But for normal people would that work?

Master
    Oh yes I definitely won't have the discipline. But for normal people would that work?

Can't see it myself...too much upside potential to miss out on.

Buying INO @ $16.25 and PRTA @ $17.00
    Will buy more if they come back lower.

Target price > $30 for both.

Are those two pump and dump WSB/Reddit style punts or regular type investments?

INO is up 25% in today's pre market.

Are those two pump and dump WSB/Reddit style punts or regular type investments?

INO is up 25% in today's pre market.
    Proper investment, couple of months to a year (under normal circumstances).
    Bought more INO at $15.75 (after peaking at >$17), nice volatility.