closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best places to look for Kitchens

Hybrid View

Thanks, at least the grill is raised above the hop - one I've seen on TV seems virtually flush which seems to be asking for trouble even if it can handle some liquid.

A neat solution if it will fit but a disadvantage for us would be it can't go above the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Thanks, at least the grill is raised above the hop - one I've seen on TV seems virtually flush which seems to be asking for trouble even if it can handle some liquid.

A neat solution if it will fit but a disadvantage for us would be it can't go above the oven.
    Ours is on an outside wall, but it does need space for the ducting, I haven't tried it but I'm pretty sure if you poured liquid into it, it could cope and just blow it over my car -:) obviously the carbon filter box version under the unit would be a different story.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post

Damn, hasn’t though about the oven below. Bugger!! Not sure I can put the oven elsewhere, need a designer to visit at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was once told by a cabinet maker, that the some of the best units were from IKEA. Doors (which are not structural) can be obtained from who you fancy, but don’t buy wrapped doors. For work tops again lots of different products available however we liked Corian, but I imagine any Ceramic Resin based system works.

The most important element is a good designer (who can maximise space) and a top quality fitter.
    Last edited by Andyg; 15th March 2021 at 17:14.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    I was once told by a cabinet maker, that the some of the best units were from IKEA. Doors (which are not structural) can be obtained from who you fancy, but don’t buy wrapped doors. For work tops again lots of different products available however we liked Corian, but I imagine any Ceramic Resin based system works.

The most important element is a good designer (who can maximise space) and a top quality fitter.
    Interesting, I have always discounted IKEA since their beds were never normal sizes, so always discount them for things like this.

I’ve got a friend that’s just bought a wicked one he’s got a large kitchen but spent 25k very happy with its quality and finish he got a good deal too

Master
    I've just had a kitchen installed from DIY Kitchens. Great quality and service. The units cost me £4.9k for 16. We went with a bespoke painted (F&B lulworth blue) 19mm shaker style door.
    The quotes from Magnet, Howdens are Wren were between £8k and £11k for the units only.
    Our kitchen is a tricky layout and the best thing we did was find a good fitter through recommendation. He's done an amazing job so I'd highly recommend you find a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by parmo View Post
    I’ve got a friend that’s just bought a wicked one he’s got a large kitchen but spent 25k very happy with its quality and finish he got a good deal too
    Good to hear.

Have you looked at The Used Kitchen Company? They sell some extremely expensive kitchens for bargain prices.

We bought a beautiful Chalon kitchen for a song - it would have been into six figures new.

There is a lot of luck involved as they are obviously already built as opposed to made to measure but you might be lucky - the one we bought fitted perfectly with just a small mod. Any decent chippy should be able to fit and modify it for you.

Think of it as recycling?

Regards

Jon.