closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Silicone strap suggestions for Combat Sub?

Master

Silicone strap suggestions for Combat Sub?

Waiting for this Glycine Combat Sub to arrive and wanting to put it on a silicone strap with a bit of colour that will suit. Have been looking at the Barton Elite ones which get good reviews, did fancy yellow but they only do black with yellow underside and not sure if that's enough colour. Looking at other full yellow straps but will that be too much? Anyway, have posted some pics below so any suggestions much appreciated (really wanting silicone not Nato etc).

Cheers, Toddy

Master

My votes goes for the Barton Elite.

After others on here recommended Barton Elite straps, I got one. The details are excellent: comfy silicone, a "lock" to prevent the strap coming out of the keeper (why can't all rubber straps have this feature?), the pre-curved shape. It's superb!

Why silicone and not rubber? A Hirsch Pure would get my vote.

Out of interest, was the watch from eBay? A seller from Wales maybe?

The Black/Yellow combo would be perfect IMO. A touch of yellow on the strap to match a touch of yellow on the watch.

Use code SAVE25 to knock the price down and avoid import/handling fees

The Barton Elites are superb straps, i don't think you'll go wrong with them. I'm not a fan of the coloured undersides on them, though. I've got a black with red underside that I don't like as much on the wrist as I do in theory.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Another vote for the Barton Elites. I now have three of them for my 'yellow' DS30; black on yellow, pumpkin orange on black and white on black. Keep an eye on Amazon UK. They have lightning sales every so often which brings the price down to £16.75 delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    Another vote for the Barton Elites. I now have three of them for my 'yellow' DS30; black on yellow, pumpkin orange on black and white on black. Keep an eye on Amazon UK. They have lightning sales every so often which brings the price down to £16.75 delivered.
    They're £13.50 delivered direct from Barton whenever you please, just use the code I shared earlier in the thread

I've a few Bonetto Centurini ZULUDIVER straps, all bought from Watchgecko IIRC. Very happy with both the straps and the service.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    They're £13.50 delivered direct from Barton whenever you please, just use the code I shared earlier in the thread
    Been looking at the Barton Silicone. So are they shipped directly from USA to UK, and no other charges? How long does the shipping take?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 33mgb View Post
    Been looking at the Barton Silicone. So are they shipped directly from USA to UK, and no other charges? How long does the shipping take?

Yes if you use the code then it brings the total price under the £15 limit for import fees / taxes. So all above board, £13.50 delivered. Only one catch, you need to only order a single strap at a time to stay below the threshold, and if you want to order more than 1 just use multiple email addresses (the code works once per email).

I'd guesstimate it's about 15 days door-to-door on average, but I believe their website says up to 20. I've had all of the below (plus a couple more) from Barton with no issues on arrival.

Master
    Thanks all, going to go for the black with yellow Barton strap.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Out of interest, was the watch from eBay? A seller from Wales maybe?
    Was listed on eBay but not bought from there, and yes the seller is from Wales😁

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Yes if you use the code then it brings the total price under the £15 limit for import fees / taxes. So all above board, £13.50 delivered....
    That's great - thanks for the info.

I've had numerous Barton Elite bands and never had a problem when ordering them off Amazon. Especially if you can find them in their sales they end up hardly more expensive than buying direct from Barton.

Barton also do solid colour straps as well. I believe its only the elite ones that are dual coloured like that.

The only problem I've had was when ordering ordering from Barton directly. Unless you order 1 strap alone then cost ends up being about the same as buying here. Shipping also took an enterntiy. I have an email from Barton that stated the international shipper their using at the moment can take 30+ days. Not forgetting Barton are working on 5 day business weeks that's over 6 weeks for delivery. My delivery also took North of 30 business days to arrive as well.

Now I'm sure other peoples mileage will vary when dealing with them. But after that I won't bother again.

So in summary they're cracking straps and much better than the archer ones also pictured by the OP but I now stick to buying them already in the UK.

You really can't go wrong with a Barton, Archer or Fullmosa silicone strap. I have them on most of my diver's. There are plenty on Amazon.

Craftsman
    Barton Elite just arrived. Too impatient to wait for sale or direct from Barton, so just ordered from Amazon. Really comfortable.

Craftsman
    Maybe try watchgecko my mate always uses them for strap replacements

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    Was listed on eBay but not bought from there, and yes the seller is from Wales
    OK. I bought the same model from a seller in Wales and it was running about 30-40 secs fast per day.

I returned it and got a refund but he then said he regulated it himself so if it's the same seller, just be careful if you take a dip. I'd get it pressure tested first.

Seller was davie33_123