closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rolex Daytona 116520 F Series Dial Patina

Journeyman

Rolex Daytona 116520 F Series Dial Patina

Morning all,

Having owned a 2004 F series 116520 Daytona for around 5/6 years it was pointed out by a fellow watch enthusiast that the dial on my watch was closer to a light cream than the white he would have expected. Having done a little digging it would seem that between 2000-2004 Rolex had some issues with the dial which resulted in the cream colour. Some the information I have found suggested it was mainly seen in P & K series watches while others just give the date range of 2000-2004. Does anyone on the forum have a Daytona from that age range and have experienced the same, or, after looking at the pictures below, are we wrong and the dial is the correct white it should be?

Any input would be greatly appreciated, it is always interesting to learn a little!

Many Thanks, ISCB.

Journeyman
    Additional Images

That's correct from 2000 to 2004 they seem to go cream if not been replaced, I have a K serial the nick name for them is Panna dial, but Rolex where happy the replace the dials back then.

Sent from my SM-G970F using TZ-UK mobile app

Count yourself lucky! I believe they command a premium; and if you don’t wish to sell then I think it’s quite an enjoyable quirk.

Craftsman
    In my simple view, if that is how it was built from the manufacture, then I would be happy with it as is. Almost all items do age with time and changes will occur, some more than others.

If I was buying, I would prefer the watch to be original, discolouration or not.

Nice to see one that hasn't got an APH dial. That in itself must make it rare

Apprentice
    I prefer white than black

Journeyman
    Thanks to everyone for the input. It is useful to know that the watch is in the range that would be expected to show this patina over time. I very much like the dial colour and it will be interesting to see if it develops further over time. Looking back I think I was lucky that Rolex didn't attempt to change the dial when the watch was serviced a couple of years ago!

I'll be hanging onto it for the foreseeable so will update the thread if it does change over time.

ISCB