closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Will Paula Venells ever be held accountable?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by unclealec View Post
    Heads should roll.
    Compensation should be bountiful.
    From following this saga in Private Eye, it appears that most of the compensation available to wronged postmasters has been spent on lawyers acting on their behalf. (Ooops, beaten to it!)

Vennells (an ordained Anglican priest, I believe) carries on with her business career, seemingly unaffected.
    ______

​Jim.

In business as in politics those at the top are seldom held accountable - lessons will no doubt be learnt, until the next time.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Blog Entries
    The Postmasters' names have been cleared....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56859357

Fantastic news - but this is truly one of the most heart-wrenching miscarriages of justice in British history in my view.

Truly, the damage inflicted on these decent, honest, and totally innocent men and women is beyond comprehension.

I hope they will receive extremely substantial compensation, but there does need to be actual accountability for the senior post-office officials who perpetrated this against them. It cannot be right that those individuals do not face action for the suffering they have caused.
    So clever my foot fell off.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    Fantastic news - but this is truly one of the most heart-wrenching miscarriages of justice in British history in my view.

Truly, the damage inflicted on these decent, honest, and totally innocent men and women is beyond comprehension.

I hope they will receive extremely substantial compensation, but there does need to be actual accountability for the senior post-office officials who perpetrated this against them. It cannot be right that those individuals do not face action for the suffering they have caused.
    I could hardly have put it better! It is a disgrace that this Vennells creature has not been prosecuted and her honours revoked! How Matalan and Morrison’s have the brass neck to keep her on their boards is absolutely beyond me! I can hardly imagine the anguish and damage that has been caused by this flood of malicious prosecutions and yet when the warning flags about errors in the Fujitsu systems surfaced, they were ignored and prosecutions proceeded with destroying the lives of many many innocent people!
    Absolutely monstrous!
    Last edited by KavKav; 23rd April 2021 at 12:22.

A shocking and disgraceful business from the start. Vennels continues to deny any failings on her part. Doubtless an Inquiry will criticise some people but no real accountability. But we can take comfort from being assured the ‘lessons have been learned’.

Only the little people are held responsible for anything.

I would hope those in charge will be indicted but from experience they usually get away scot free and often ply their awful trade elsewhere.

What happened to those Postmasters is truly awful.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post

This has been a truly shameful affair with hundreds of innocent people having had their lives ruined by the failings of the PO and the government - and the government should be responsible for compensating those victims rather than passing the buck to the PO.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post

Too late for my friend's dad, who ran the one in the village I used to live in.

Ruined him.