closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swapping Rolex Submariner 16610 for an A Lange & Sohne Saxonia Thin as a 1 watch dail

Hybrid View

Master
    I think Lange’s stock is rising. If you sell a 16610 for a good price, then buy a Saxonia thin to hold for the long term, you’ll probably be fine financially, but you’ll also have enjoyed a great watch in the meantime.

It wouldn't be for me but whatever floats your boat!

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't be for me but whatever floats your boat!

Crazy, yes - but that's given, you're on this forum. Would I do the swap? No. I see the Saxonia thin as an occasional dress watch, never a daily wearer. But, that's the thing with these sort of questions - opinions are like ar5eholes, everyone has one. You only live once (unless you're a Scientologist).

These two watches are totally different. The ALS is beautiful and simple and refined, but its not the most interesting ALS out there. I got a 1815 recently and it was a catch and release. Very beautiful watch, amazing finish but after that I was left without much use of a super dressy precious metal watch. The market manipulators are doing their best to push Lange as much as possible mostly because they need another patek or another FPJ to soak up the money people have for watches they cannot get.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Fitzgeme View Post
    The market manipulators are doing their best to push Lange as much as possible mostly because they need another patek or another FPJ to soak up the money people have for watches they cannot get.
    The same thing is happening with independent brands generally. Patek now is just too passé.

But as for the original question, I think the Lange is a watch that's really for wearing when you feel like dressing up. I'm sure it can manage as a daily watch, but I wonder if that feeling of specialness will be lost with constant wear, and it'll appear just a little bit dull. I'm all for relatively simple three -handers as a daily watch, but a thin and fairly stark dress watch would be too much for me.