closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Swapping Rolex Submariner 16610 for an A Lange & Sohne Saxonia Thin as a 1 watch dail

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by paskinner View Post
    No, it’s an interesting question:
    The Sub is so successful that it has become a kind of cliche, far too familiar among watch guys. But, you could argue that it’s exceptional toughness and design led to such fame.
    The thin Saxonia is, to many eyes, a far more elegant and handsome design, worn by people with real confidence in their judgement. But its , obviously, less tough and won’t withstanding poor treatment like a Sub.
    Still, if you use a G Shock or something rough and tough, the Saxonia , as a daily alternative, is a winner. It’s just a better looking design, that isn’t yet another cliche.
    Still, takes real nerve, good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berty234 View Post
    Not crazy at all.

In the real world, apart from swimming or labouring, you can wear any watch you like basically all of the time.

A Saxonia thin would be an awesome watch to wear every day. Even though it’s gold, it’s probably less conspicuous than a Sub too especially if you got the white gold.
    Exactly right in my view - not least regarding the confidence.

In theory I could trade any of my watches, GMT, Explorer II, Omegas, Sea-Dweller even which I love... but never, ever the Sub 16610 which to me is the coolest of the cool.

Yes it might be "too common". But hey, so is Mercedes E but it has always been the best, most sensible and most reliable Mercedes model.