closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Nowadays I play with a PS4 Pro with the hard drive upgraded to SSD. I haven’t bothered with the PS5 yet, maybe in a year or so. When the sequel to Sniper Elite 4 comes out I’ll dive in for sure, as I play mostly SE4.

Craftsman
    PC Gamer here, running a trusty GeForce GTX 1070Ti, from Nov 2018.

Has anyone had any experience upgrading to the new NVidia cards? If so, firstly, how the h*ll did you manage to buy one?

Actually, I am quite happy with the 1070 for now; currently I am playing AC Valhalla. I suspect if I did somehow manage to get something like a 3070, I would need to upgrade my 600w PSU too. My current set-up is very stable, and from past experience with upgrades, once you change one thing it has a knock-on effect - what was a stable build starts to BSOD etc all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    PC Gamer here, running a trusty GeForce GTX 1070Ti, from Nov 2018.

Has anyone had any experience upgrading to the new NVidia cards? If so, firstly, how the h*ll did you manage to buy one?

Current generation graphics cards are harder to get than Sports Rolex models. They are used for mining the Etherium Cryptocurrency, and any cards that do come up for sale are quickly re-sold at twice the price. The situation is supposed to be getting better by the end of the year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    Nowadays I play with a PS4 Pro with the hard drive upgraded to SSD. I haven’t bothered with the PS5 yet, maybe in a year or so. When the sequel to Sniper Elite 4 comes out I’ll dive in for sure, as I play mostly SE4.
    SE4 is a great game, one of the very few that I've stuck with and finished. Can't be bothered with all the running around and shooting I much prefer to take my time and have a few beers. I only upgrade consoles when a new XCOM game comes out so until that happens I'll be sticking with my PS4 and hoping Chimera Squad makes an appearance at some point

Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I’ve no desire to upgrade to PS5 at the moment, particularly as I’d need a new tv to get anything from the improved graphics…my TV isn’t even 4K so I suspect upgrading the TV , I’d be impressed with the PS4 Pro.

Also waiting to see where Sony go with VR.

I must admit I’ve struggled to get my head around PC gaming. Bang for buck still favours the consoles IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mickylall View Post
    SE4 is a great game, one of the very few that I've stuck with and finished. Can't be bothered with all the running around and shooting I much prefer to take my time and have a few beers. I only upgrade consoles when a new XCOM game comes out so until that happens I'll be sticking with my PS4 and hoping Chimera Squad makes an appearance at some point
    I’ve played the campaign at least a dozen times. I used to love silence and stealth. Now I like to go co-op with a mate and just run and gun. Mostly I play survival though. It’s good fun to play co-op with a good team of four.

Quote Originally Posted by dougair View Post
    I’ve no desire to upgrade to PS5 at the moment, particularly as I’d need a new tv to get anything from the improved graphics…my TV isn’t even 4K so I suspect upgrading the TV , I’d be impressed with the PS4 Pro.

Also waiting to see where Sony go with VR.

I must admit I’ve struggled to get my head around PC gaming. Bang for buck still favours the consoles IMO.
    I used to play with PC. It’s just too much hassle to get everything working right, not to mention the cost of a proper rig. I switched back to consoles for both ease of use and lower costs.