closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New to this forum and a question?

New to this forum and a question?

Hello,

I recently found this forum and wanted to say hello.

I have recently purchased a Zeno 300M Orange Diver and I've been thinking about modding it with Bill Yao dial & hands.
    Has anybody done this mod before? Does someone happen to know the visible & overall dial diameter of this Zeno 300M Diver?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks. Jan

Re: New to this forum and a question?

Hi and welcome!

Hello!

Sorry, don't know about the Zeno. I used to have one (actually I think I've had 2), the dial always seemed slightly small to me, but that might just be down to the domed crystal.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Banned

:) welcome

Master

Hi and welcome here.

You might check with Bill Yao himself because as the proprietor of a well known custom watch modification shop which apparently does a lot of work for WIS, judging by the comments I hear on TZ-UK, he's probably been asked about the Zeno 300 Army Diver models already I would bet. Because I think there might be other factors besides just dial diameter in fitting custom dials to a particular watch, such as adapting the dial feet to it maybe, he might be the only one to say for sure if he can do what you want done.

I'll mention that I've never personally had any work done by him but I do hear a lot of good things about him and his custom work around the Forum here. If he doesn't have or can't get the parts he would need to help with your particular Zeno 300 Diver though, another place you might check is with Jack at International Watch Works (IWW) and maybe he could help adapting the MKII dials to your watch if that were necessary or has other options to offer you---Jack has an excellent reputation around here too. Finally, you might check with Roland Murphy of RGM as his shop does a very wide scope of custom work I believe and has a reputation for doing outstanding work. I was also reading recently of a fine watchmaker/casemaker doing custom work in the UK named Brendon something I think but can't remember so you might ask around about his shop also.

By the way, I also hear a lot of good things about your Zeno 300 Diver so best of luck with it and getting the work you want done.

One last note, you might ask this same question over on the MODS & WRECKERS subforum here on TZ-UK as they are specifically concerned with modifying watches there.

Can't help, but welcome. :)
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan.SF
    Hello,

I recently found this forum and wanted to say hello.
    Welcome from me too.

Paul

AlfaBill

Different watch of course, but for what it's worth I added the 28mm Yao 3-6-9 Milsub dial and hands to an ETA Zeno Explorer, and it fits like a glove. Looks just like Yao's Vantage of course, but smaller which suits me better. The Vantage is 39mm, I think (which isn't big by today's standards, really) but the Zeno is only 35.5mm. (I tried to add a pic, but it says the "board attachment quota has been reached" sorry).

Let us know if you decide to make the swap, and how it turns out.

b.