closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Things you'll never understand

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    So parents should just stay at home?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Of course not, what a ridiculous notion. But if you think a holiday has to be long haul because the baby concerned really wants to go to a beach resort in the Caribbean rather than Spain, or that the other other customers in the restaurant went there in the fervent hope there would be a child screaming at the next table throughout their meal then I guess it makes sense to you. I now understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Of course not, what a ridiculous notion. But if you think a holiday has to be long haul because the baby concerned really wants to go to a beach resort in the Caribbean rather than Spain, or that the other other customers in the restaurant went there in the fervent hope there would be a child screaming at the next table throughout their meal then I guess it makes sense to you. I now understand.
    Parents are still people, and people like to do the things they like.

Its not easy to parent and for some the idea of a long haul flight or a night in a restaurant is not appealing so it doesn't happen often.

But if a parent decides they need a break or some nice food then they can do that. That parent might not enjoy Spain! And whilst I'm sure they will have thought about other passengers, if they have worked hard and they want to go somewhere that makes them happy then that's their decision.

The entitlement could be shifted to the person thinking they deserve not to have the slight inconvenience of a bit of noise in these situations, rather than the parent. That person could also adjust their thinking to be empathetic to a new parent trying to enjoy themselves with a new child.

Parents are still people, and people like to do the things they like.

Its not easy to parent and for some the idea of a long haul flight or a night in a restaurant is not appealing so it doesn't happen often.

But if a parent decides they need a break or some nice food then they can do that. That parent might not enjoy Spain! And whilst I'm sure they will have thought about other passengers, if they have worked hard and they want to go somewhere that makes them happy then that's their decision.

The entitlement could be shifted to the person thinking they deserve not to have the slight inconvenience of a bit of noise in these situations, rather than the parent. That person could also adjust their thinking to be empathetic to a new parent trying to enjoy themselves with a new child.

Okay, so you firmly believe it's okay to subject others to a screaming child sometimes for hours, a sound that has been scientifically proven to be unignorable (not sure if that is a real word, but it suffices), not "a bit of noise" as mentioned in your last paragraph. And it often seems to me there is little thought or care for the child itself who is clearly in distress. But as long as the parents enjoy their holiday that's clearly all that matters, after all, they deserve it, dont they?
    I will always find it both perplexing and annoying as is my right. You are fine with it and seemingly will remain so, and that is your right of course.

Okay, so you firmly believe it's okay to subject others to a screaming child sometimes for hours, a sound that has been scientifically proven to be unignorable (not sure if that is a real word, but it suffices), not "a bit of noise" as mentioned in your last paragraph. And it often seems to me there is little thought or care for the child itself who is clearly in distress. But as long as the parents enjoy their holiday that's clearly all that matters, after all, they deserve it, dont they?
    I will always find it both perplexing and annoying as is my right. You are fine with it and seemingly will remain so, and that is your right of course.
    But the point is, you have made the assumption that the child is in distress. Babies cry, usually for 3 reasons - change, hunger or attention. Not because of a restaurant or because of the extra couple of hours on a plane. Babies cry, you can't expect parents to keep them locked up until they stop crying.

It's not about entitled parents not caring about their child.

But the point is, you have made the assumption that the child is in distress. Babies cry, usually for 3 reasons - change, hunger or attention. Not because of a restaurant or because of the extra couple of hours on a plane. Babies cry, you can't expect parents to keep them locked up until they stop crying.

It's not about entitled parents not caring about their child.

You think it's not a problem, and you've put forward reasoned arguments for that which I am gratefull for. However, I dont agree with them and for me it is a problem that seemed pre pandemic to be getting worse. So I think we'll have to agree to disagree or spend all day on this getting nowhere as we are clearly at opposite ends of the debate.

- People who go out to a restaurant and then spend all evening texting other people who aren't there.

- Adults who think it's in any way acceptable to switch football team allegiance

- How astrophysicists get away with a theory which only works if there's some mystery matter which nobody can identify

- Why footballers who have hugged a player with Covid don't have to self-isolate but players on the other team do

You think it's not a problem, and you've put forward reasoned arguments for that which I am gratefull for. However, I dont agree with them and for me it is a problem that seemed pre pandemic to be getting worse. So I think we'll have to agree to disagree or spend all day on this getting nowhere as we are clearly at opposite ends of the debate.
    I think as long as the parents are doing their best to calm the child then that's acceptable. Planes are public transport after all - there is always the option to hire a private jet. In any case noise-canceling headphones are a godsend.

In my experience it is usually adults getting tanked up on a long haul flight that are the worst offenders.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Supermarkets allocating staff to help at 'self service checkouts' meanwhile the checkouts are unmanned ..

Turkish Delight - no its not..

Humans feeding sharks on 'Shark experience trips' 2 miles offshore at Cape Town then wondering /complaining that Sharks are now coming closer to shore and bothering humans...

I don't get how a collection of wiring and some chemicals can store memories, cause me to laugh at a joke with the word "demerara" in it, and cry when I hear various pieces of music.

"The most bewildering landscape in my universe, is between my ears."
    -Me, today