closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Electric cars-got to be a viable option now?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Many thanks.

So a special tariff for EVs via a smart meter. East Midlands 5p/kWh ish. Almost a third the rate of what it's costing to run our washing machine/heat our hot water overnight - we are totally electric here as there is no gas at all to the village!

This is the G&D or I'd be using numerous expletives. I think I'll be having a chat with bulb (not that it'll change anything, but a good rant will make me feel better).

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Many thanks.

So a special tariff for EVs via a smart meter. East Midlands 5p/kWh ish. Almost a third the rate of what it's costing to run our washing machine/heat our hot water overnight - we are totally electric here as there is no gas at all to the village!

This is the G&D or I'd be using numerous expletives. I think I'll be having a chat with bulb (not that it'll change anything, but a good rant will make me feel better).
    Obviously what I failed to mention was that it does slightly put the standard daytime rate up and you’d have to do the maths overall but it’s seems to make sense on the face of it

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Obviously what I failed to mention was that it does slightly put the standard daytime rate up and you’d have to do the maths overall but it’s seems to make sense on the face of it
    Gotcha. It's clearly a low (tempter) rate to instigate EV take-up and is being subsidised (for now) somewhere - maybe gov, but also seemingly via its 'basic customers'. But it really is taking the micky when my washer costs almost three times more to run than it does a car. It's all the same electricity for goodness sake.

This country!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Many thanks.

It does state that it’s still in beta phase so hasn’t yet been fully rolled out and that they are only taking on limited numbers for the trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    It does state that it’s still in beta phase so hasn’t yet been fully rolled out and that they are only taking on limited numbers for the trial.
    Octopus also do an EV tariff which appears to be 5p per kWh fixed between similar hours. Don’t think this is a beta and is already in full operation

Edit: you can also lease vehicles through them which seem competitively priced with free 8000 miles included.