One thing that frustrates me when I read about EV’s is a focus on the luxury/highly priced/high performance end of the market when the big change to emissions will surely be driven by adoption at the cheaper end. The other thing I genuinely don’t get is continued reliance on all the heavy, power sapping and - let’s be frank - luxury frippery we have grown to expect in a car but surely we should ditch to increase range in an EV? What’s wrong with manual wind windows, forget the electrically adjustable, heated seats and steering wheels (you’ve got hands to move the seat and a heater ffs!), hey maybe even the aircon here in the uk - we managed without all these things in the past and I can’t say my life has really been enhanced by them, they just started appearing as standard. Give me a modern electric version of the 2cv with airbags and decent safety systems and I’d buy one - imagine the running costs if the only bits could go wrong could be fixed easily at home, with a box of spanners and screwdrivers etc. If we are going to take emissions seriously we should produce the cars we need as opposed to the cars manufacturers tell us we want - like an ugly, heavy high performance electric ‘mustang’ which look like nothing of the sort! - and maybe focus on range as opposed to silly 0-60 times that might turn on the petrol heads, but Mr and Mrs average just want to know if they can get to their holiday without recharging twice on the journey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk