closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Breitling b50 cockpit

Breitling b50 cockpit

What’s the verdict from those who own them or owned them ?
    Love the look, although undecided on the size and undecided on the charging element…..

I nearly pulled the trigger on a NOS one that was being offered at a cheaper price than secondhand ones !! It’s got great wrist presence for £3.5k - which I thought was reasonable value….

Blog Entries
    Maybe others have better experience, but I’ve only had problems with the B50 / B55 so advise against them. Go for an aerospace - trusted tech
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Maybe others have better experience, but I’ve only had problems with the B50 / B55 so advise against them. Go for an aerospace - trusted tech
    Thanks
    The alternative was an old skool emergency, but fear of the ongoing maintenance costs - ie PIA !

I’ve had both and kept the emergency out of the two. I really liked the b50 and I had in the night mission black. Very handsome watch. Big, but very light. Never had a problem with it. I was always worried about banging it though with the Pvd coating and not being able to have it refinished.

The emergency on the other hand I’ve had for around 12 years and will likely always keep it. Yes it costs a few quid every 4 years but it’s probably worth more than I paid for it, I like the fact it dares to be different, it’s a pretty small watch and is very comfortable. Likewise never put a foot wrong in 12 years and looks like the day I bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by tz-uk73 View Post
    I’ve had both and kept the emergency out of the two. I really liked the b50 and I had in the night mission black. Very handsome watch. Big, but very light. Never had a problem with it. I was always worried about banging it though with the Pvd coating and not being able to have it refinished.

The emergency on the other hand I’ve had for around 12 years and will likely always keep it. Yes it costs a few quid every 4 years but it’s probably worth more than I paid for it, I like the fact it dares to be different, it’s a pretty small watch and is very comfortable. Likewise never put a foot wrong in 12 years and looks like the day I bought it.
    Thanks - you’ve affirmed some of my thoughts.

Master
    I had a second hand B50 acquired via SC for a couple of years and it performed faultlessly. It was on the titanium bracelet and I also bought the Breitling canvas strap and was very comfortable on both depending on what look you wanted. Mine only ever needed charging once every 3 months or so, so not a major issue for me. I had heard of some issues from others but it didn’t put me off.
    I would say if you have a hankering to try one then find one with decent warranty and go for it, they’re fantastic watches and that itch won’t scratch itself. I’d also had an Emergency but definitely preferred the B50 big bold and very light and felt better on my wrist and looked much better IMO. I ended up trading mine back to the original owner here on TZ as he had another watch I wanted to try, otherwise I’d no doubt still have it.
    As has been suggested if you want to compromise a little go for Aerospace Evo but I’d definitely recommend trying the B50 first, if you have 7.5+ inch wrist as it may look a little too big otherwise. Let us us know what you decide.
    Last edited by Cat7; 30th October 2021 at 04:05.

I've owned both the B50 and Emergency. The emergency function is just cool marketing rather than any real world use. A nice watch but not a patch on the B50 which is a keeper for me. Super light and comfy with all the functions you could ever need. Definitely looks better on the wrist and doesn't look as big as my pic suggests. I charge it once every 3 or 4 months. Never had any issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

The answer is B-1

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?