closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 7 year old Grandson's wonder goal!

My 7 year old Grandson's wonder goal!

He got 4 today - Brighton are interested in him.

Last edited by Neil.C; 7th November 2021 at 17:32.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

What a run and finish!

You must be very proud

Great skill!

Corker of a goal.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    Nice goal. I’d keep him away from the clutches of any team, just let him enjoy football with his mates. Plenty of time for the elite stuff when he’s older if that’s the way things develop.

Blog Entries
    I suppose not only Brighton! That was great from start to finish. How old is he? Even from the moment when he didn't have the ball it looked good: his position on the field etc. Good luck to him. (You must be a proud granddad!)

M

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    There are some things in life that come with a fat grin. that was one. Nice!

Fantastic!

Very nicely done!

This is where everyone having a video camera in their pocket really pays off, now he can relive that one for years to come! Hopefully in a compilation of many other beautiful goals

Great stuff Neil! Could you please contact Ms. A. Staveley, C.O. NUFC, St. James Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Great stuff Neil! Could you please contact Ms. A. Staveley, C.O. NUFC, St. James Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne. ;-)

Please get in touch via his agent Bob - me!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Good lad! Hope he drinks his milk.

Thanks for watching Gents.

I am very proud of him, his 9 year older brother is pretty tasty too.

Love watching the boys play.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Bless - I miss those days, Neil :)

Fantastic goal . Gutted when my boy said he didn't want to play anymore! He wasn't as good as that though

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Great goal !! :)

It always makes me shiver when I see players celebrate by sliding along the pitch, imagine a stone or something worse in the grass and they rip there knees etc could finish there career ? if I was a manager I would ban that slide.

Apprentice
    Congratulations, you must be very proud.

My only observation would be that Football academies have a habit of crushing young kids dreams.

The number of kids that get their hopes built up that they are the next big thing only to be dropped the next season for no obvious reason is unreal.

Just be careful of getting signed up too young - the pressure to play the perfect game every week can weigh heavy on young shoulders.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the other hand, massive bragging rights at school!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Sweet left foot

Like the celebration

Superb goal. Can I have him for my under 7s team please?!

Brilliant. Proud grandparent moment.

Master
    Get in touch with Moyes Neil.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Sweet left foot
    This. He already has a head start above his contempories. Great strike.

Cracking effort! Lots of power for someone so young too. He has a bit of the Mbappe about him. You are quite rightly very proud. Best wishes to him :)

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Bless - I miss those days, Neil :)
    Get your Grandchildren started Tone.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTigerUK View Post
    Great goal !! :)

It always makes me shiver when I see players celebrate by sliding along the pitch, imagine a stone or something worse in the grass and they rip there knees etc could finish there career ? if I was a manager I would ban that slide.
    Exactly what my Mrs said.

True though.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    Sweet left foot
    He's actually just as good with either foot.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Superb goal. Can I have him for my under 7s team please?!
    Thanks.

He's under 7's now (his correct age group) but he played in the older team last season - scored 42 goals.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by bandylegss View Post
    Get in touch with Moyes Neil.
    It's my dream to see him in the claret and blue mate.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Mad! View Post

My only observation would be that Football academies have a habit of crushing young kids dreams.

The number of kids that get their hopes built up that they are the next big thing only to be dropped the next season for no obvious reason is unreal.

Just be careful of getting signed up too young - the pressure to play the perfect game every week can weigh heavy on young shoulders.

Good luck

+1, exactly my thoughts. Seen it happen to few local kids. The system chews them up and spits the majority back out.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    You should be aiming higher than Burnley!!

Good luck

We'll look after him, never fear.

Actually Gareth Southgate was an old boy at his club and he did OK.

Cheers,
    Neil.

Apprentice
    We'll look after him, never fear.

Actually Gareth Southgate was an old boy at his club and he did OK.

Looks like Glenn Hoddle was his team mate

Master
    Great passing to get the ball to safety which resulted in a fast precise counter! Football played well is great to see no matter who’s playing :)

Cracking goal Neil, he looks like he's going to be some player with skill like that. We could use someone with that ability at DRFC - Current goal difference -18, worst in League 1, we struggle to score!
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold View Post
    Cracking goal Neil, he looks like he's going to be some player with skill like that. We could use someone with that ability at DRFC - Current goal difference -18, worst in League 1, we struggle to score!
    Cheers Peter.

All the best to Donny!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Looks like Glenn Hoddle was his team mate

Yes, they did Ok that year.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    You should be aiming higher than Burnley!!

Cracking stuff! Could have been worse though - might of said Villa!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Good luck

I’d agree with this to some extent. If you go into it on the basis he isn’t likely to make it and not get his hopes up then he/you/parents won’t be disappointed.
    My lad “made it” to some extent playing in the Premiership, Europa Cup, scoring in FA and Carabou cup (getting his team to the semi finals) and Div 1 and 2 teams (Still only 25) . Whilst in the Academy I’ve seen possibly 150 kids his age come and go. Including him around 4 of his age are earning a living from football. It’s a business and it is ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by craig1912 View Post
    I’d agree with this to some extent. If you go into it on the basis he isn’t likely to make it and not get his hopes up then he/you/parents won’t be disappointed.
    My lad “made it” to some extent playing in the Premiership, Europa Cup, scoring in FA and Carabou cup (getting his team to the semi finals) and Div 1 and 2 teams (Still only 25) . Whilst in the Academy I’ve seen possibly 150 kids his age come and go. Including him around 4 of his age are earning a living from football. It’s a business and it is ruthless.
    Wow, I’d say your lad made it alright!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Wow, I’d say your lad made it alright!
    Yes he did to an extent, but injuries and poor management have held him back. He is now enjoying football in the National League (still earning good money) but he’s happy after becoming disillusioned with things.
    It is very difficult watching young kids come and go over the years. It’s down to skill, determination, application but also luck.

Oh how I wish I could go back in time. I loved the knee slide celebration.
    Back in the '70s I used to play right wing or no10 for my senior school, a pretty decent school team with a good record of producing a few players and I the time I was there certainly did make it with clubs such as Chelsea, Wimbledon and Brentford.
    My dad came with his old cine-camera once but I had to play in goal so the only film I have of me is bending down to pick the ball out of the net, 3 times!
    Last edited by bigvic; 11th November 2021 at 08:30.

Quote Originally Posted by bigvic View Post
    Oh how I wish I could go back in time. I loved the knee slide celebration.
    Back in the '70s I used to play right wing or no10 for my senior school, a pretty decent school team with a good record of producing a few players and I the time I was there certainly did make it with clubs such as Chelsea, Wimbledon and Brentford.
    My dad came with his old cine-camera once but I had to play in goal so the only film I have of me is bending down to pick the ball out of the net, 3 times!
    Oh Vic!

The old cine cameras 'eh?

Nowadays most people have a phone that can do decent video so their children's feats can be stored for posterity.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

WORLDIE!!!

Cracking goal from such a young'un, look after him and I'm sure he'll do well..

Master
    Neil,
    Take him down to West Ham.
    Exciting times ahead.

I reckon it was a cross!

Only joking, looks to have a lot of skill for one so young. Disappointing knee slide though!

Great goal. Kids with talent like this need families to keep them grounded. My eldest went to school with a lad that showed some talent at an early age. He was signed by a Premier League academy as soon as he was able and the parents were all over the local media talking him up. At that point he was a clever boy who could easily have achieved decent exam grades and given himself options if football didn’t work out. Instead the school work stopped, parents didn’t insist on him doing homework and the 11+ was skipped because football training was more important than learning and would provide him with a higher income than any normal job would. He’s since been dropped by the Premier League academy, signed and dropped by a Championship academy and signed and dropped by a League One academy, all in a couple of years. He now plays for the youth team at a local non-league side but it’s clear to everyone except the parents that he hasn’t got a future in the game and he’s going to have some hard times ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Great goal. Kids with talent like this need families to keep them grounded. My eldest went to school with a lad that showed some talent at an early age. He was signed by a Premier League academy as soon as he was able and the parents were all over the local media talking him up. At that point he was a clever boy who could easily have achieved decent exam grades and given himself options if football didn’t work out. Instead the school work stopped, parents didn’t insist on him doing homework and the 11+ was skipped because football training was more important than learning and would provide him with a higher income than any normal job would. He’s since been dropped by the Premier League academy, signed and dropped by a Championship academy and signed and dropped by a League One academy, all in a couple of years. He now plays for the youth team at a local non-league side but it’s clear to everyone except the parents that he hasn’t got a future in the game and he’s going to have some hard times ahead.
    Yes that is a problem no doubt, kids get their heads turned, parents too!

Funnily enough my son was bit reticent about going to my Grandson's open evening at school as he had an idea he was being a bit of a Herbert there.

Turns out the teacher said he was a gifted pupil and got a bit frustrated as the work was too easy for him.

Can't win!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Unfortunately this is what happens with lots of parents, think their lad has made it after signing for an academy. My lad only trained two days a week until he was 16 as we refused to let him go for three days (which the club wanted). He got his 8 GCSE’s and then got some further qualifications so he had something to fall back on. Fortunately he has “made it” and whilst not made for life is in a better position than 99% of lads his age. The experiences he has had playing in USA, Spain, Austria, China, Israel and a few other places has been brilliant and he has also made lifelong friends. I wouldn’t discourage anyone from not going down this route but have reasonable expectations and keep your lads feet on the ground.
    As I said earlier he is enjoying his football in the National League. He could have gone to a league 1 or 2 club but he chose with my backing to be near to home, near his mates and near his golf club. Money isn’t everything!!