closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Peripheral neuropathy

Journeyman

Peripheral neuropathy

Anyone have this and have tips on how to manage it? Much worse in the evening and mornings.

Ive had it for 4 months, GP has run bloods and no obvious cause. 6 month wait to see Neurologist on NHS or i can pay to go private.

Is there anything that can be done or is it a case of living with it and hopefully it fixes itself?

So many potential causes
    You really need some blood tests and a neurologist.
    Whilst there might be well meaning advice provided in this thread, it is going to be guesswork and might freak you out more.
    *If* you had £250 for a private consult, this would be money well spent, you can always flip back to the NHS at any time.

Master
    ^^^^^^

Do that !!

B

Master
    With regard to going private I’d expect the blood tests would be £300-£450 before you see the doctor which for first visit would be IRO £250.

Your local surgery may be able to progress blood tests for you as the wait list could be for a doctor appointment not a nurse appointment to tie bloods.

If London is an option I can recommend an Endocrinologist if you require.

Journeyman
    Thanks for the replies. I have had extensive blood tests done recently on the NHS so will take those.

Have booked to see a private Neurologist- £260, so will see what he says.

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Good luck, hope it goes well.

Craftsman
    i have sensory and motor neuropathy....a muscle wastage disease and numbing and pain in my feet mostly

lots and lots of blood tests over the past 35 years have narrowed it down to an enzyme in my RNA the pre cursor to DNA GJB1 -136 -36....life centre Newcastle look after me ha

no medication works,,,,basically theres nothing to take and just live with it

i am assumming yours is similar....but really hope its not

Journeyman
    Thankfully no pain for me (yet?) Just annoying tingling, weakness and numbness.

Parkinsons runs in the family so hope its nothing like that.

Craftsman
    best wishes...hope it turns out good....i passed mine onto my daughter my sons are are clear and it cant be passed onto males from a father with it just females...she has decided to have no children