closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nomos Glashutte Orion Strap Options

Craftsman

Nomos Glashutte Orion Strap Options

Hi all,

I've just purchased a Nomos Glashutte Orion and am curious as to other forum members opinions on strap options. Although the supplied strap is fine, I feel like this watch could benefit from a slightly less glossy black strap and maybe something something a little more subdued?...
    Last edited by Spesh; 7th December 2021 at 16:08.

Craftsman
    Nomos have quite of a range of straps to choose from (https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/stra...a=9&mo=301&c=7).

My Orion is on a brown Cordovan, which is just a little more toned down than the glossy black number you mention, but there are textile and velour for very casual looks, and that's before you start on third party options.

Master
    I used to wear mine on a Hirsch lizard skin strap which was nice and thin and an extravagant counterpoint to the Nomos Teutonic sterility!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Thank you both. I'm new to the brand, so am relatively unaware (particularly regarding their own offerings) but will take a look.

Craftsman
    I have got mine on a blue leather strap with a deployant clasp, both from Watch gecko. The watch is so light, it benefits from a light-weight strap too, as opposed to a bracelet.
    Last edited by Tatters; 7th December 2021 at 19:46.

I wear mine most of the time on the Nomos beige suede strap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    I have a Nomos Tangente on an older brown Nomos single-layer cordovan strap. I mention that it's older because it doesn't have any edge stitching like the current Nomos straps. Their current straps are high quality, look great, and are comfortable (I have another watch on one), but I find the simplicity of the dial and case a jarring contrast with any sort of stitching on the band. Maybe I'm just incredibly picky. So I'd suggest a single-layer shell cordovan strap. And use a normal pin buckle. A deployant clasp is too bulky such a thin watch (in my opinion).

I'd post a picture, but that watch is currently in Glashütte being repaired.