closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 91 of 111 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,550 of 5522

Thread: Mmmmm beer. What beer are we drinking tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I have been putting off drinking this one for weeks as it’s 6% and a bit strong for me, however it’s really nice
    Could not drink more than one though as it’s quite sweet

If you have further beers that are too strong for you I operate a small but very thorough beer disposal operation which I am happy to offer free of charge to a fellow forum member. Please PM if you require assistance. ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    If you have further beers that are too strong for you I operate a small but very thorough beer disposal operation which I am happy to offer free of charge to a fellow forum member. Please PM if you require assistance. ;-)
    I will keep you in mind…
    I don’t offer a return service so if you don’t like it you have to finish it…

I will keep you in mind…
    I don’t offer a return service so if you don’t like it you have to finish it…

I've been striving to find a beer I really don't like since I was a young shaver. I've had little success . . . ;-)
    F.T.F.A.

You really can't beat the classics . . .

F.T.F.A.

I have been putting off drinking this one for weeks as it’s 6% and a bit strong for me, however it’s really nice
    Could not drink more than one though as it’s quite sweet
    Love the ‘serve at North Sea temperatures’ on the glass. Being from the east coast I can relate to this..!

Master
    It’s the season for Amber ales. Twickenham Red Sky at my local (The Pelton Arms, SE10) went down well.

Sticking with South London for a session pale from Brick.

And a fruity, floral number from Riverhead, Long Island, bought over from NY by a colleague for me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by AshUK View Post
    Love the ‘serve at North Sea temperatures’ on the glass. Being from the east coast I can relate to this..!
    It’s an Adnams glass. My favourite brewery. Shock horror it’s a cider glass but don’t tell anyone.

Craftsman
    Weekend away in London with may good lady, had to try a cheeky little snifter whilst waiting for our restaurant table, Plum Porter will do nicely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post
    Weekend away in London with may good lady, had to try a cheeky little snifter whilst waiting for our restaurant table, Plum Porter will do nicely

It's a strange one that. I've had it when it's been too fruity and cloying and a pint is enough, other times it's been far less so and quaffable for a pint or three.
    F.T.F.A.

Some great news this week as the Crown Posada has reopened. I'll have to get me up that Toon ASAP for a session or two before the pubs are shut again.

F.T.F.A.

Craftsman
    Some great news this week as the Crown Posada has reopened. I'll have to get me up that Toon ASAP for a session or two before the pubs are shut again.

Great interior.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Love a bit of stout, getting a bit stout...

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

To my delight this was fresh on yesterday . . .

F.T.F.A.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Harleyrider View Post

I love plum porter unfortunately the only place to have it near me is bargain booze this and the original Guinness are the only stouts I like as I prefer a good ipa like thornbridge Jaipur.

Quickie in Granville’s, Vocation Abduction plum & raspberry stout , nice plum flavour with a sharp raspberry edge - very nice

F.T.F.A.

Bought a few festive themed Amundsens this afternoon and 3 other randoms.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Just out for a quick one at a new micro bar on Kirkstall road opposite Cardigan Fields retail park. Pint of this and pie & peas , great start to Xmas!

And this is the pie!

Pop next door, well 50 yards , to Cardigan Arms for a Kirkstall Bitter , a lovely pint

Santa knows me so well (well my sons do) probably sampling these later

Master
    Cheers

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Couple of cans last night also got minikeg of Yipi IPA by StAndrews brewery curtesy of my older brother. Northern Monk definitely smells/tastes of minces pies , Atom good as usual

Master
    They have some serious %alcohol. Xmas Day sleep in order afterwards?

Just finished drinking this.

Typically rich in flavour, certainly not one you could neck!

Quote Originally Posted by reecie View Post
    They have some serious %alcohol. Xmas Day sleep in order afterwards?
    Good stuff , shared with 2 of sons so not too bad really!

I was fortunate to stumble across this delicious beer on tap recently when on holiday in Cornwall. It is the best beer I have ever tasted, it really is an amazing drink. I am no expert on NEIPA, but from those I have had, this is on a different level. Has anybody had Sharks and able to recommend beers of similar quality?

Grand Master

Reminds me of Whitelocks in Leeds!

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    I was fortunate to stumble across this delicious beer on tap recently when on holiday in Cornwall. It is the best beer I have ever tasted, it really is an amazing drink. I am no expert on NEIPA, but from those I have had, this is on a different level. Has anybody had Sharks and able to recommend beers of similar quality?

Easily one of the best NEIPAs I've tried, it really is a belter. I can't think of any others off the top of my head without going through my beer 'photo album, may come back to this later.

Yep it’s a belter.

Master
    Nice pint of Proper Job tonight. Lovely :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk280 View Post
    Yep it’s a belter.
    It's a well known fave, some batches better than others but a banger on tap

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Good to know I lucked onto a winner with Sharks, are there any others in the Verdant lineup I should be on to?

Master
    Good to know I lucked onto a winner with Sharks, are there any others in the Verdant lineup I should be on to?
    I buy a range based on liking the cans (lol) when I've been to St Ives the last few years. Not had one I didn't like so far. So I imagine you can just take a punt.

S Works on here has a particular interest in Verdant, I think he may even have a small investment in the business. Don't think he has posted in a while though I haven't been too active on this thread myself the last couple of months so may have missed anything he has put up.

Master

I’m a Verdant investor, so glad you like it!

Depending on what the hop mix is on that batch, you’re enjoying Citra, Galaxy and Simcoe or Nelson Sauvin. So keep an eye out for those hops in other hazy / New England style beers and you should be in the right ballpark.

If you enjoy Verdant you may like to try beers from Pipeline, Track, Cloudwater, Drop Project, Boxcar, Siren Craft Brew, Thornbridge, Left Handed Giant, Pressure Drop, Wylam and Vocation

Master
    I particularly enjoy:
    - MaryLou
    - Neal Gets Things Done
    - I Played Trumpet on That Tune
    - Fruit, Car, Sight, Exhibition,
    - Sharks,
    - Solid State,
    - 20 Watt Moon,
    - 40 Watt Moon

The webshop’s closed til January but I’m sure they’ll have a good few releases coming up. 1030 each Wednesday. The next hype beer coming will be their yearly release of “Putty”, kinda their flagship DIPA.

https://verdantbrewing.co/collections/all

Appreciate the response, S Works. I keep a casual eye on this thread but you have given me a reason to take a closer look. It really is a revelation to me to discover a beer like Verdant, calling it beer is doing it a disservice as Carling is a beer too! Thanks for the tips on other breweries, we will start picking a few out and ordering up some by mail

Master
    Appreciate the response, S Works. I keep a casual eye on this thread but you have given me a reason to take a closer look. It really is a revelation to me to discover a beer like Verdant, calling it beer is doing it a disservice as Carling is a beer too! Thanks for the tips on other breweries, we will start picking a few out and ordering up some by mail

My pleasure. I note from your profile you’re in Llandudno. This place looks worth a visit. No affiliation but the pics on Google maps show they have an excellent selection of some fantastic breweries. Deya, Overtone, Pentrich, Cloudwater etc.

Craft Beer Cave
    01492 549672
    https://goo.gl/maps/WSmJgTUxjHttrNWz9

Naturally you’ll pay a small mark-up from them or somewhere like HonestBrew (online), but the selection offers you the chance to try a few before you commit to a full order.

It really is a revelation to me to discover a beer like Verdant, calling it beer is doing it a disservice as Carling is a beer too!
    Many are understandably put off by how much some of these NEIPAs, WCIPAs, DIPAs etc cost compared to a usual lager, and then they try one...

My choice for tonight is this humdinger. No work for me tomorrow and today at work was hell so I could very easily open another after this.

Master
    Whopper! A mate had that last night and reported it being very very sweet. What’s your review?

Master
    Some faves from the festive selection…

Master
    Aaand…

Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    Whopper! A mate had that last night and reported it being very very sweet. What’s your review?
    No doubt about it being banana forward so there's sweetness there alright though I'd say it's relatively soft rather than sugary, if that makes sense? It could maybe do with a touch more (dark) chocolate so that there's a little more bitterness to tilt the balance though it's all good by me as is.

I do have a thing for big imperials like those though, which brings me nicely to this one. Haven't drunk any yet, it's just out of the fridge and I prefer it a few degrees warmer, it's an Amundsen though and they tend to err on the sweet side...

Craftsman
    Grain weizen. Very refreshing

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Cask £3 pint night in Granville’s, Wilde Child Thunder in Paradise- chocolate & coconut- bounty in a glass!

Followed by Northern Monk Eternal

My son having Wishbone Tiller Pin the one behind

Quote Originally Posted by Thomps68 View Post
    Cask £3 pint night in Granville’s, Wilde Child Thunder in Paradise- chocolate & coconut- bounty in a glass!

I like the sound of the beer (and the price).

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Quote Originally Posted by S Works View Post
    My pleasure. I note from your profile you’re in Llandudno. This place looks worth a visit. No affiliation but the pics on Google maps show they have an excellent selection of some fantastic breweries. Deya, Overtone, Pentrich, Cloudwater etc.

Craft Beer Cave
    01492 549672
    https://goo.gl/maps/WSmJgTUxjHttrNWz9

Naturally you’ll pay a small mark-up from them or somewhere like HonestBrew (online), but the selection offers you the chance to try a few before you commit to a full order.
    That's a great find, thanks mate. Penryn Bay is only a few miles from us but the ship is located in a residential area and isn't something we would have stumbled across. Once the fridge has recovered from its post-Christmas overload, it will be time to stock up on some decent beers again