closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor AD discounts?

Tudor AD discounts?

The AD says Tudor won’t allow anything on any of theirs. They won’t budge at all on a Black Bay 36. Is this correct? I’d be grateful for comment.

Apprentice
    My AD gave me 7% off a S&G, this was 4 months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    The AD says Tudor won’t allow anything on any of theirs. They won’t budge at all on a Black Bay 36. Is this correct? I’d be grateful for comment.
    Sent from my SM-N960F using TZ-UK mobile app

There were a few popped up in the sales last Christmas so possibly worth having a look then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I think you'll certainly struggle for any discount on the popular models. I've asked before with a BB58 in my hands ready to purchase and been told no. I still bought it though.

Never convinced by the manufacturer not allowing them to discount. I think that's just a diversion tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by MartC View Post
    I think you'll certainly struggle for any discount on the popular models. I've asked before with a BB58 in my hands ready to purchase and been told no. I still bought it though.

Never convinced by the manufacturer not allowing them to discount. I think that's just a diversion tactic.
    I think there has to be a bit of leniency shown towards them. They don't want to discount it, while still hoping to sell you the watch.

I can't be critical of that.

Master
    I recently purchased a BB58 and was also looking at the Pelagos and was told that they wouldn't discount either of those models. Although it was hinted that if I wanted the BB58 and something other than a Pelagos there might be something they could do. I didnt want anything else so didn't push to see if that was a cash discount or some freebies.

Master
    Was offered 10% off a GMT. Didn’t buy it; I went for the BB58 at full price! So they do discount, but it’s model dependent.

Much like Omega where you can get 10% without any effort but the special editions you’ll get pretty much none.

Master
    Just last week I bought a Pelagos and over the phone got 10% discount. I walked into Frazer Hart and after being told there was no discount to be had because it was a much sought after model we ended up at 10%. I eventually secured nearly 13% at Ernest Jones, so whilst it is no doubt model dependent, I wouldn't accept you have to pay full RRP.
    I would say that I really wanted one and ultimately would have paid RRP if necessary, but I am enjoying it more with £440 off.

Master
    I think getting a 13% discount off a popular model is good going and well done.

Ryan managed to get a small discount off the silver 58 model, so it does seem that it is perhaps possible on almost all models, apart from perhaps the chronograph.

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    I think getting a 13% discount off a popular model is good going and well done.

Ryan managed to get a small discount off the silver 58 model, so it does seem that it is perhaps possible on almost all models, apart from perhaps the chronograph.
    I think small discounts would now be possible on the chronograph models as well.

Craftsman

Discounts

Ive been buying Tudors for almost 10 years from the same AD and despite asking for a discount each time Ive actually never managed to secure a penny off !!
    Maybe its time I changed AD’s !!
    Mind you, Ive always opted for the newest model so I guess there is little incentive for them to give money off.

Master
    I’m not sure you’d get any discounts on the chrono given they’re out of stock pretty much everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by boring_sandwich View Post
    I think small discounts would now be possible on the chronograph models as well.
    Eventually maybe but certainly not at the moment. AD's have waiting lists for both variants, particularly the Panda so no incentive to take a hit on their margin.

Thanks for all the responses. I’ve now managed to get a reluctant 10% plus two free extra links at £40 each, so I’m fairly pleased.

Master
    Well done that man!
    Don't ask don't get.