closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: auto with h3 and c3?

Apprentice

auto with h3 and c3?

Is it possible to get an automatic military watch which has the h3 on the hands as well as c3 luminous backing too?

I've been looking at a couple of different sites. I like one or two of the Luminox watches but I think they're mainly all quartz. I also like the look of the Speedbird3 and the prs17c, but want something more military looking and deffo automatic or manual wind, plus 200m water resistant and something I can customise to different straps etc if I want to change it.

I would like to get something vintage looking at some stage in the future (CWC / Hamilton style) but at the moment I'm thinking of going for something more modern, probably steel silver with black dial. Maybe steel strap but also a nato tan/beige/sand type colour one I can switch too if I want.

Any recommendations?

The MWC watches, are these genuine military issue watches because I read a post on the military watch forum that said to avoid them as they're not. What's the truth to this?

Are there any other websites and watch companies you recommend I check out in addition to the timefactors, luminox watch shop and telford services?

Finally, I have a question about the brightness of some military watches. I have read that some types of watches glow up so much that maps can be read from the markers. On one website I've read something about the glow being visible from one mile away. I'm not sure how much of this is just marketing talk or not or whether there's really a problem with a small amount of glow like that?

I'd like to know the truth of it though because one of my friends served his time in the French army ten years back and was mentioning to me some story about when he was in mountain rescue division and how one of his superiors had said that he could see one of his units cigarettes lit from a mile away when they were out at night and if he wanted to he could have taken him out. If it is possible for them to see that from a mile away a lit cigarette then I guess it would be possible to see a luminous watch too?

Appreciate your advice and watch links to check out,

Cheers,

John

Craftsman

Re: auto with h3 and c3?

Quote Originally Posted by john10001

The MWC watches, are these genuine military issue watches because I read a post on the military watch forum that said to avoid them as they're not. What's the truth to this?

I'd like to know the truth of it though because one of my friends served his time in the French army ten years back and was mentioning to me some story about when he was in mountain rescue division and how one of his superiors had said that he could see one of his units cigarettes lit from a mile away when they were out at night and if he wanted to he could have taken him out. If it is possible for them to see that from a mile away a lit cigarette then I guess it would be possible to see a luminous watch too?

John
    1. True. They're not.

2. Nalu has undertaken to give us the goods on this one when he checks out his tritium-based (GTLS) watch with NVG in the coming days.

Telford services look a bit over-priced to me. They do employ an attractive nude model to wear their watches though :D

Can I suggest that you do a search on Telford Services
    in past threads on this forum first. Worth a few seconds
    of research.....

Say no more.

TTPS

Grand Master

Can't see a problem asking Jack@IWW to lume the white parts of a tritium-vial watch hands.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

Master

I take it you mean H3. If so, some Marathons use tubes and maraglo - my CSAR does - but that may not be "issued" enough. It's US Govt contract though.