closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Root Beer Nicknames

Root Beer Nicknames

Researching alternative names for 126711CHNR, can anyone think ? CLINT EASTWOOD, ROOT BEER....Liquorice??

cheers

Guinness stool
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Master
    I probably ought to keep my views on watch nicknames quiet...

Blog Entries
    “Make My Day”

“ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    +1 !!

Master
    It has been unkindly referred to as the Turd-Master.

Quote Originally Posted by markbannister View Post
    It was ok upto a point. Now it is just stupid. Batgirl, Starbucks etc etc. I genuinely think less of anyone who uses those nicknames. Am ok with Tuna, Sumo, Shogun, Pepsi. On the fence about Batman. Everything after is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    It was ok upto a point. Now it is just stupid. Batgirl, Starbucks etc etc. I genuinely think less of anyone who uses those nicknames. Am ok with Tuna, Sumo, Shogun, Pepsi. On the fence about Batman. Everything after is just ridiculous.
    Seconded. Which self righteous man walks into an AD asking to be listed for a Batgirl… Gen Z crowd probably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Mouldy Ketchup?

Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    Somehow the Seiko nicknames are less offensive to me - and the only model I know my Seiko by - is by 'bullhead'

But 'Pepsi'............ Nope, can't bring myself to use that, or any of the others.

I balk at 'NATO' - it just sounds twee.

Master
    Blog Entries
    There is a guy on one of the Omega FB groups who posts his black Planet Ocean far too often (in my opinion), what has become clear is that he wants it to be nicknamed ‘The Mandalorian’ to help his mission anyone who posts a steel black PO is responded to with ‘This is the way’. It shouldn’t bother me but for some reason it does. YMMV but if it does, grow up ;)

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    Seconded. Which self righteous man walks into an AD asking to be listed for a Batgirl… Gen Z crowd probably.
    to be fair, a lot of men will think that walking into a dealer and spending five figures on a watch nicknamed Batman or Hulk is ludicrous.

Quote Originally Posted by phil h View Post
    what has become clear is that he wants it to be nicknamed ‘The Mandalorian’ to help his mission anyone who posts a steel black PO is responded to with ‘This is the way’. It shouldn’t bother me but for some reason it does.
    I have absolutely no idea what that means (so I wouldn't be offended)

The Clint Eastwood, is a nipple dial 1675/16750. As was the “Deer Hunter” watch.

The tu-tone black dialled nipple dialled 1675/16750 is sometimes known as the Elio (after Elio de Angelis).

The modern ceramic is simply known as a Rootbeer, until I suppose it appears in a film or is worn by someone really famous.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Master
    Blog Entries
    There is a guy on one of the Omega FB groups who posts his black Planet Ocean far too often (in my opinion), what has become clear is that he wants it to be nicknamed ‘The Mandalorian’ to help his mission anyone who posts a steel black PO is responded to with ‘This is the way’. It shouldn’t bother me but for some reason it does. YMMV but if it does, grow up ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what that means (so I wouldn't be offended)
    He is a character from a Star Wars spin off series. Zero connection with any watch other than he has armour which is silver/grey in colour.

He is a character from a Star Wars spin off series. Zero connection with any watch other than he has armour which is silver/grey in colour.
    Maybe counter with the HMS Ark Royal, that was also silver/grey with bits of black.

I think nicknames are useful when the alternative is a seemingly random list of numbers (well it is if you have dyslexia like me) I have absolutely no idea what reference numbers the the watches I own have - good luck with an Omega - to me it’s just a random set of numbers that change all the time.

Naming them after super hero’s or soft drinks is daft. I kind of get the Seiko names, they have links with Japanese culture, you can see the thought process behind them but it’s still daft IMO.

thanks for that, I've just done a web search and can see the reference now. I suppose that it's not really any different to the Batman and Hulk references although in my mind they are more iconic characters. I'm sure that a Star Wars fan will tell me that I'm wrong.