closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: #NWA! My first ever Urwerk UR100V C52!

Master

#NWA! My first ever Urwerk UR100V C52!

So I've always been a fan of Urwerk, and in particular the UR100 was always on my list of must try watches ever since they were released.

The problem was that I live in Tokyo and we never had an AD for Urwerk until fairly recently. So when Urwerk released the Carbon Ply Urwerk UR100V C52 a few weeks back, I knew this is the time to pull the trigger and contacted the AD literally seconds after the news broke. Thankfully I was the first one and managed to take it home a few days later when it arrived at the AD.

Just so delighted with the watch, the carbon ply has nice textures but ultimately its just so light and comfortable. The rubber strap with the deployant clasp makes this watch an easy to get along watch on a daily basis and after purchasing it, ive been wearing it almost every day.

In terms of legibility, this was the most surprising aspect as initially I felt this will be a slight issue but actually having it all on 1 plane makes it super easy to tell the time as well even if the watch is only partially visible.

Overall Im very satisfied I took the leap and jumped into the world of Urwerk!

Master
    Superb, an Urwerk along with MB&F are what I really want but never will I suppose.

Splendid 👌

I'm struggling to see what time it is depicting - will have a look online.

But - what is #NWA?

I'm assuming this shows 8:23. is there any seconds indication?

Last edited by blackal; 20th February 2022 at 13:30.

Craftsman
    Crikey. What a marvellous machine! Many congratulations. I absolutely love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post

But - what is #NWA?

Instagram tag for New Watch Alert/ Arrival

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it 8:23 in this pic?

But - what is #NWA?

I think this is a staggering piece. Astronomical, like the price but entirely worth it.

Enjoy!

Craftsman
    Lovely to see an urwerk on the forum. Urwerk and MB&F are two of my favourite brands. Just love designs that go againts the norm.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cool. Reminds me of the old ball compass on my uncles Skoda dash in the 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Is it 8:23 in this pic?
    Yes it is 8:23 in that picture. The video below is a different model but shows really clearly how the hours jump, it's clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jszvv8Mtqtc

That is a fantastic watch OP! Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Yes it is 8:23 in that picture. The video below is a different model but shows really clearly how the hours jump, it's clever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jszvv8Mtqtc
    The OP's one doesn't appear to have that mechanism with the pointer which jumps between the hours; the OPs one has pointers on all of the hours as shown in the OP's penultimate photo and the hours rotate rather than flip:

Quote Originally Posted by kaiserphoenix View Post

Very few modern watches butter my parsnips these days, but Urwerks is one of them. Now jealous.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by hughtrimble View Post

The OP's one doesn't appear to have that mechanism with the pointer which jumps between the hours; the OPs one has pointers on all of the hours as shown in the OP's penultimate photo and the hours rotate rather than flip:
    One in the video also rotates. Think they both rotate+flip.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    One in the video also rotates. Think they both rotate+flip.
    The OP's doesn't do any 'flipping'. If you look at the OP's, all hours are shown on three rotating discs (they call them satellites) which is why you can see all 12 hour numbers in all shots, which is not the same as the UR-210 with its hours on 'flipping' 3d trapezoids.

This enables the OP's UR-100 to do cool stuff with its pointers when they're not being used as the minute indicator.

The OP can explain more!

The OP's doesn't do any 'flipping'. If you look at the OP's, all hours are shown on three rotating discs (they call them satellites) which is why you can see all 12 hour numbers in all shots, which is not the same as the UR-210 with its hours on 'flipping' 3d trapezoids.

This enables the OP's UR-100 to do cool stuff with its pointers when they're not being used as the minute indicator.

The OP can explain more!
    Yes clearly not an identical mechanism, but I believe the method of telling the time is the exact same. Rotating disks rather than the whole hand rotating, but I believe it's the same jumping hour approach (the red tip being on the 'active' hour hand) and just like the one in the video the hands each contain 4 of the available hour numbers spaced 3 apart, so that as the hand rotates towards the next hour the 'active' hour hand jumps to the next hand and restarts the 60 min cycle etc.

I'm sure OP will clarify if I'm off though!

Oh my, that is fabulous! Congratulations. Now that is a watch I would love to own, it ticks all my boxes! I've been lusting after an Urwerk 202 but would have to sell my entire collection to afford one and I just haven't built up the courage to take the leap yet.

Fantastic! I really like that. I read the case weighs 11 grams!!!

Superb.

Master
    Thanks lads for all the comments!

Yes so unlike the Urwerk 220, ie their flagship which literally "snaps" after reaching the 59 minute mark, my UR100 (read entry level), is a movement that is actually based off the Zenith Elite calibre. Hence it is an automatic caliber with hacking that just "rotates" on that plane so no "snapping" occurs. Ie it is not a jumping hours indicator or anything like that. Understadeably the UR100 is much more affordable than the 220 as well haha

The "windows" on the side is showing the more complex concept of ‘space’ as it displays the distance travelled on Earth (rotations), and the distance travelled by Earth (revolutions) around the Sun in kilometres.

What I do appreciate and what draws me to the UR100 is how thin it is and how light it is, as well as being fairly durable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Fantastic! I really like that. I read the case weighs 11 grams!!!

Superb.
    Yes the case and case back in titanium is 11 grams. Note it does not include the weight of the movement!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Oh my, that is fabulous! Congratulations. Now that is a watch I would love to own, it ticks all my boxes! I've been lusting after an Urwerk 202 but would have to sell my entire collection to afford one and I just haven't built up the courage to take the leap yet.
    Same here. It took me years to take the leap of faith to jump in. Always in the back of my head was the risk of liquidity and resale as well. But in the end, YOLO and all that took over lol

Congratulations. Looks incredible.

Absolutely mental, I love it. You do turn up with some stunners but this is a different level completely.

NWA… new watch alert

How times change

Blog Entries
    OP. I’d love more detailed pictures of your watch if possible? Especially the earth distance etc. superb piece! Martyn

what is YOLO? Sorry do appease an old git, not up with the latest hip. Ah found it lol:

Last edited by MartynJC (UK); 21st February 2022 at 09:32.
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    OP. I’d love more detailed pictures of your watch if possible? Especially the earth distance etc. superb piece! Martyn

what is YOLO? Sorry do appease an old git, not up with the latest hip. Ah found it lol:

You Only Live Once! = Do something stupid haha

Let me get my macro lens out and post some more.

So cool!

bad ass watch :)

enjoy mate