closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RMSD delivered to neighbour.

Master

RMSD delivered to neighbour.

I'm aware that because of covid, signatures are no longer needed but was a bit surprised when my neighbour msg me saying that she had a parcel for me. When I picked it up it was indeed for me and posted special delivery. Is this the new norm?

Blog Entries
    Not in my area (north west London). If they can't deliver a RMSD item it goes back to the Delivery Office. From there I can go and collect it, request re-delivery, or if I remember correctly redirect it to my local Post Office.

P.S. I should add that I've not had any Royal Mail or Parcelforce items delivered to neighbours (or taken in by me for neighbours) for as long as I can remember. They all go back to the Delivery Office (for RM) or depot (for PF). I often take in parcels from other couriers for neighbours but not RM or PF.
    Last edited by markrlondon; 26th February 2022 at 15:22.

Postman will only take packages back to depot here. They will not leave it with anyone else or even put through letterbox if no one in.

Our postie routinely leaves our normal packages with our neighbour and vice versa as she knows we're all good with that. But will not do so with RMSD, that has to go back to the depot.

It's good you have a relationship with your neighbour where they contacted you about it! Did the postie not even leave a card at yours?

Master
    No card, which I'd forgotten about. I live in a very small town where everyone knows just about everyone ( not Royston Vasey). I'm not complaining, just it's new to me as always had to collect from post office if not in to receive and sign.

Craftsman
    RMSD should not be delivered anywhere but the address it was sent to. I think some posties just use their discretion and take a chance if they know both lots of people or even if it has low value from abroad and a signature is not needed.

Craftsman
    Ive used RMSD for some ebay sales and the buyers have contacted me to say they just left the parcel without asking for signature. Found this annoying as I could have just used a cheaper postage service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    RMSD should not be delivered anywhere but the address it was sent to.

I think some posties just use their discretion and take a chance if they know both lots of people

or even if it has low value from abroad

and a signature is not needed.
    Correct

Correct

Incorrect

Incorrect

The point I'm trying to make is that this is RMSD, and it was before 1pm at a cost of £26.75. Although I received the parcel safely, what is the point of paying the extra for what essentially a normal parcel delivery.

Presumably you weren’t at home so, yes, before 1pm is pointless unless you need the extra insurance.

Master
    I had no say in the delivery tbh. It was the charity auction whisky on sc and it was fabulously packed and postage is a premium one, so absolutely no complaint about the sender.

I wish they did that with my last RMSD, it was a day late, he took it back and I had to wait a week for them to re-deliver it

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bobc View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is that this is RMSD, and it was before 1pm at a cost of £26.75. Although I received the parcel safely, what is the point of paying the extra for what essentially a normal parcel delivery.
    Special delivery comes on a separate route for me so I sometimes get two deliveries a day.

Also if the poop hits the Fan Royal Mail will still cover it. They can see exactly where it was ‘signed for’ as the scanning device is gps enabled. You don’t get that with normal services.

I agree things have got worse with covid but RMSD is still the best service around for the money when sending high value items.

Master
    Many years ago we ordered a Samsung tablet from Amazon. Helpful postie put it in the refuse bin, with a card through the dor. It was Wednesday, our bin collection was Thursday. It could have all ended badly.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I got a Sonos beam delivered yesterday Dpd left it on doorstep didn’t even attempt to ring bell or see if anybody was home, just as well I heard the van pulling up

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    I wish they did that with my last RMSD, it was a day late, he took it back and I had to wait a week for them to re-deliver it
    You have the option to rearrange delivery to suit, or go to the sorting office and pick the item up. I frequently receive RMSD items and I’ve absolutely no complaints about the service.

What does annoy me is people failing to put their sender details on the package, if they get the address wrong and the item has to be returned this is their safeguard, but for some reason some people are reluctant to do this.

Had one recently, the sender had got my address wrong by one number and had failed to put his return address on the package, fortunately the local postie used some discretion and delivered it to me because he knows the name and knows I get these frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Many years ago we ordered a Samsung tablet from Amazon. Helpful postie put it in the refuse bin, with a card through the dor. It was Wednesday, our bin collection was Thursday. It could have all ended badly.
    My most recent watch purchase, a new Grand Seiko, was delivered by RMSD. I was not in when it arrived. The Postie kindly signed for it himself, and left the watch in the bin with a note through the letterbox telling me what he had done!