closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Garden Furniture - Any recommendations

Craftsman

Garden Furniture - Any recommendations

Hello all

We're in the market for some Garden furniture, I quite like the idea of hardwoord but the mrs likes Rattan effect.
    There's a nice set at Costco at the moment that's been reduced from 3k down to 2.5K. Still seems like a lot of money to me for garden furniture, but I don't want to end up buying cheap and then buying twice.
    The Costco one is an Agio Park Falls 5 piece set including fire table, and the sofas glide and the chairs glide and swivel, so is a cut above offerings that I've seen elsewhere.
    I was just wondering whether any of you had any alternative suggestions.
    Thanks
    R

We went for maze rattan, aluminium frame so no rust. Quick sponge off in the spring and it looks new again

Pepe is excellent for ergonomics and sustainability. Doesn't have all the bells and whistles, just does what it says on the tin.

https://pepegarden.co.uk/
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by r.dawson View Post
    We went for maze rattan, aluminium frame so no rust. Quick sponge off in the spring and it looks new again
    Also gone for maze. I looked at kettler as well but couldn't really see any difference in quality to justify the price difference between the two.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Master
    Blog Entries
    We've got hardwood outdoor furniture. I much prefer it to plastic rattan but there's no doubt that it is much more hassle to keep it looking nice (unless you just leave it to age naturally but that's not always a popular look).

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Master
    Alexander Rose if you want hardwood

If you would like something that will outlast us all: http://www.tristenmay.co.uk/
    Superb stuff!

Blog Entries
    I used to really like the wooden stuff, last lot was teak Lutyens style stuff. I really like it but it's heavy and a pain to keep treating each year, unless you like the 'weathered' look.

We recently bought some of the rattan stuff which is definitely low maintenance and lighter to move around but I still prefer sitting on the wooden stuff, much to the boss's annoyance.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

We have struggled with cheap garden furniture for years and I even bought a second hand 'expensive' hardwood set from EBay and spent God knows how many hours (and money) trying to 'restore' it to new condition, but ultimately it failed

After a lot of deliberation and lots of internet searching, we found ourselves sitting in a pub garden (pre-covid) and both commented on how comfortable the rattant chairs were. So, I took a photo of the manufacturers plaque and went for 4 Seasons Rattan.

Yes, it's expensive, but for comfort I think you'll find it hard to beat.

There are a couple of big garden centres that stock lots of it for you to try out (Riverside in Hertfordshire has tons). We decided on the Sussex 8 seat dining set
    Didn't rush in and managed to pick up a set for 2K (instead of the RRP of £3.2) from a garden centre in Oxford that delivered free of charge

Hope this helps
    John

Craftsman
    4 Seasons is great but we opted for aluminium Life Outdoors and it’s been great. Costco sometimes have it on sale.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

We bought a Barlow Tyrie set in 2005 and it's still going strong. Teak and aluminium. Jet wash once every five years or so and it keeps going!

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    My partner and I decided on a reclining rattan sofa set from gardencentreshopping.co.uk, and we've been very pleased with it. It's weather-proof, comfy, and actually more affordable than you might think. We got it during a sale, and it was under £2000.
    They still have discounts now. So, if anybody needs a set, I recommend buying it now.
    Last edited by philsimm; 15th January 2024 at 10:35.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by philsimm View Post
    My partner and I are looking for some garden furniture now. Where are all the discounts?
    Hold on for three months…. It’s simply isn’t the season

I disagree, it is the right time to by from anyone that still has stock left over from Summer'23 These people have a sales on now

https://www.shackletonsonline.co.uk/...r/spring-sale/

https://www.chessingtongardencentre....hoCNGAQAvD_BwE

https://www.themodernfurniturecompan...outdoor/sussex