Re: John Wall's Omega Photos...

:roll:

Master

a good selection on this site

make your own to colour match your watchstrap or frock... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB
    I prefer any one of these, but then I am weird ...

very weird mate and nearly offensive

Quote Originally Posted by alexaff
    very weird mate and nearly offensive
    +1

Was thinking the same thing... :?

:? i'd think you could get 6 months for posting a pic like that, unless your doing research for a book (or has that one been used before ?)

Master

OT, but isn't it interesting that the first thing people look towards commenting on (or referring to) when they see a pic like this is the age of the persons in the subject matter, not on what the poster was probably inending which was the handbags and the childish face pulling; which is what I saw first btw. Oh how careful and pc we have become to the point of perpetuating the notion that any male that smiles at a child for enjoying their youth is targeted as a paedo. Get a grip world!
    cheers
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by emgee
    OT, but isn't it interesting that the first thing people look towards commenting on (or referring to) when they see a pic like this is the age of the persons in the subject matter, not on what the poster was probably inending which was the handbags and the childish face pulling; which is what I saw first btw. Oh how careful and pc we have become to the point of perpetuating the notion that any male that smiles at a child for enjoying their youth is targeted as a paedo. Get a grip world!
    cheers
    Mark
    sorry mark but thats the world we live in. and the comment " you might think im weird" got me thinking. as most would :wink:

cheers
    Mark
    Thank you, its just a funny pic. I wasn't even sure what they were talking about :?

Anyway, post deleted.

Master

cheers
    Mark
    sorry mark but thats the world we live in. and the comment " you might think im weird" got me thinking. as most would :wink:
    Still doesn't make it right. Did anyone see the mock up on tv the other week where the researchers had a young girl pretending to be lost in a high street and no-one helped, they all first thought that they might be thought of as a perv, so they didn't bother helping her apart from one old shop keeper who had the same thoughts but after nearly 10mins! he went over to her; wtf is the world coming to??!!
    cheers
    Mark

the text was offensive and alongside was a pic of underage girls, the text was "I prefer any one of these, but then I am weird"

yeah thats weird! and as i said nearly offensive and didnt like it!

anyone else agree??!!!

Master
    Blog Entries

the text was offensive and alongside was a pic of underage girls, the text was "I prefer any one of these, but then I am weird"

yeah thats weird! and as i said nearly offensive and didnt like it!

anyone else agree??!!!
    +1 - Im sure he didnt mean it though... I didnt bother to comment. It was the text combined with the picture that was the issue not the picture alone.

Attempted humour gone wrong I'm afraid.. "Weird" meant as in not being into men with handbags, irony that didn't work.

The picture was random handbags from the web, didn't notice they may a school group. Please accept my apologies and remove the pics, thank you.

I knew I shouldn't get involved with this thread! :x

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

I think he was referring to the handbags.

Journeyman

Surely no ill intent. Let's get back to criticizing the seller/buyer in this mess! :bigsmurf:

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB
    Attempted humour gone wrong I'm afraid.. "Weird" meant as in not being into men with handbags, irony that didn't work.

The picture was random from the web, didn't notice they may a school group. Please accept my apologies and remove the pics, thank you.
    sorry, but i am a black and white very straight forward lad, if i think something is out of order i will say and would to your face mate, i accept you said it was humour gone wrong so no more said from me.

have a nice night,

Alex

Grand Master

I`m sick of reading about the too-ing & fro-ing between the two of you.

Having seen the pics, I agree there are some issues, but they need to be considered in context. To me, it all depends how much the watch changed hands for (which we don`t know). I own one of these so I know what they are worth.

The problems are not insurmountable and could be rectified easily by a competent repairer. The crystal would re-polish easily using polywatch; the debris inside the dial would also clean out easily; the damage to the hands could be fixed to a point where it would be v. difficult to detect. The watch is not in 100% mint condition, but I`m willing to guess that the price was substantially below what you'd expect to pay for near-mint perfection.

A £50-£100 adjustment and a bit of negotiation between the two of you would have been sensible. It all comes down to the price of the watch, which forms the basis for a reasonable expectation. Without knowing the price it changed hands for it is impossible to form a view on this. All descriptor terms are subjective and must be considered in context; price is the key to deciding whether the buyer got good value or not.

My guess is that the seller didn`t appreciate the problems the watch had ,therefore he acted in good faith, and the buyer was disappointed (for whatever reason, size or condition) when he received it and decided he didn`t want it. Shame that it couldn`t have been sorted out amicably.

Both parties seem to have a good reputation on here. I aint taking sides on this, I just wish the whole sorry saga could be put to bed once and for all!

Journeyman

Ok, what I dont get here is whay people find it so hard to believe that John has either doctored his photos or damaged the watch in an attempt to get a refund :roll:

I dont know either of the people in this issue/debate, (just like nearly all of those who have commented), but on face value Id be believing the chap with the 2k plus post count and immaculate trader feedback over the newer member...nothing personal, just the way forums work...I hear you guys always say, 'buy the seller/buyer' but it doesnt seem to have happened here.

So, what did I miss?

Ta

Master
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yarrow
    Ok, what I dont get here is whay people find it so hard to believe that John has either doctored his photos or damaged the watch in an attempt to get a refund :roll:

I dont know either of the people in this issue/debate, (just like nearly all of those who have commented), but on face value Id be believing the chap with the 2k plus post count and immaculate trader feedback over the newer member...nothing personal, just the way forums work...I hear you guys always say, 'buy the seller/buyer' but it doesnt seem to have happened here.

So, what did I miss?

Ta
    You missed John Wall post a picture from the original sellers add with the damage clearly showing, demonstrating the crystal was damaged before ditchdigger even got it. Check back in this thread im sure you will find it.

Journeyman

What with all this acrimony I'm damned glad I'm restricted from a rash purchase from one of you con-men by Eddy's 50 post limit!

Oops, one closer to 50!

I think JohnW thought sending it straight back with the lame excuse about the size was a misguided attempt to avoid accusing DD of selling a dud piece, unfortunately this has spectacularly backfired, but the the photos tell the true story now. He could have simply posted the pics and labeled DD a Villain in H&V forum straight away....maybe he just wanted to avoid a row, or at least risk a small one instead of having a big one....

Craftsman

Quote Originally Posted by Matador
    What with all this acromony I'm damned glad I'm restricted from a rash purchase from one of you con-men by Eddy's 50 post limit!

Oops, one closer to 50!
    :lol:

Master

thankfully its all just washing over me now

the whole discussion is pointless and going nowhere.

ide rather talk about handbags.... :lol:

just back from town and met a few nice sorts as usual and seen a cracking band from dublin

now the girl with the green hair [its not real you know :roll: ]

Is Spanish and would never carry a handbag none of her friends did either in fact there was a distinct lack of handbags around town tonight

they were real sweathearts ime sure we will meet again.... :lol:

Master

The watch was purchased from SC for £200 in a non working condition by DD. His watchmaker "fixed" it and then resold it.

We arent talking alot of money here. I think its more a matter of principles.

Life is like a fridge , you only get out what you put in !
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ditchdigger
    thankfully its all just washing over me now

the whole discussion is pointless and going nowhere.

ide rather talk about handbags.... :lol:

just back from town and met a few nice sorts as usual and seen a cracking band from dublin

now the girl with the green hair [its not real you know :roll: ]

Is Spanish and would never carry a handbag none of her friends did either in fact there was a distinct lack of handbags around town tonight

they were real sweathearts ime sure we will meet again.... :lol:

I think the one with the snot coloured hair is a bloke,? but would like a roll in the hay with the other two :D

Master

Is this Speedmaster issue sorted between the 2 parties now ?

Pete

Master

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958

Having seen the pics, I agree there are some issues, but they need to be considered in context. To me, it all depends how much the watch changed hands for (which we don`t know). I own one of these so I know what they are worth.

The problems are not insurmountable and could be rectified easily by a competent repairer. The crystal would re-polish easily using polywatch; the debris inside the dial would also clean out easily; the damage to the hands could be fixed to a point where it would be v. difficult to detect. The watch is not in 100% mint condition, but I`m willing to guess that the price was substantially below what you'd expect to pay for near-mint perfection.

A £50-£100 adjustment and a bit of negotiation between the two of you would have been sensible. It all comes down to the price of the watch, which forms the basis for a reasonable expectation. Without knowing the price it changed hands for it is impossible to form a view on this. All descriptor terms are subjective and must be considered in context; price is the key to deciding whether the buyer got good value or not.

My guess is that the seller didn`t appreciate the problems the watch had ,therefore he acted in good faith, and the buyer was disappointed (for whatever reason, size or condition) when he received it and decided he didn`t want it. Shame that it couldn`t have been sorted out amicably.

Both parties seem to have a good reputation on here. I aint taking sides on this, I just wish the whole sorry saga could be put to bed once and for all!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by RapidMongman
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958

+1
    + 2

I have had a deal on here where the size of the watch was an issue to me as a buyer - this was returned without any angst on both sides. I have had a deal on here where as a seller the buyer changed their mind and asked if we could reverse the deal - again done in a breath without any ill feeling from me. This should not have become a public spat.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK
    I have had a deal on here where as a seller the buyer changed their mind and asked if we could reverse the deal - again done in a breath without any ill feeling from me.
    Indeed, 100% agreed.

I sent a watch to a member on approval after quite a while waiting for him to commit, he decided it was not for him after all, simply returned with no questions asked (£7 of post won't kill me!). Another i sold and didn't check it very thoroughly, it had been running fine in my watchbox for a year but arrived faulty, again a no-quibble return of the watch/refund of cash. How deals should be done here IMO.

What i don't get in this situation is this - we are NOT talking about £600 of a loss - seller give the full cash back to the buyer and that's the aggro sorted, then either spend a few more £££ to get it correctly fxed and sell again at the enhanced value, or relisted it with FULL DECLARATION of the issues, i believe the watch will STILL make £600 as-is.

:?

Master

:(

karl

I would think the sellers future on here as a seller would depend on thow this is handled - "buy the seller not the watch" etc. etc.
    Everybody understands that transactions can go pear shaped but it's how they are handled when they do that counts.

Master

So, and just playing devils advocate, John Wall paid what he considered the going cost for a watch otherwise he would not have bought it. If all the issues were sorted, a decent watchmaker cleaned the inside no dust or hair was visible, the acrylic was polyed and scratch free, and the hands were fixed i.e. not bent, would he be prepared to accept it? If Ditchdigger is prepared to concede that these need done and is willing to pay for any rectification is it still going to be too small for the purchaser??

I personally couldn't give a toss either way but i do think there is more to this than meets the eye and i suspect that even if all / any work was done to a level that all of us would fell acceptable and would alleviate the situation there would still be issues.

So John Wall if the necessary was done would you accept the watch??? and Ditchdigger if the answer is "yes" are you prepared to do this to rectify the situation??

Nev.

Master

Judging by a recent posting in The Bear Pit, ditchdigger is getting the watch fixed.

Pete

Pleased to hear that. Well done one and all. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nev
    So, and just playing devils advocate, John Wall paid what he considered the going cost for a watch otherwise he would not have bought it. If all the issues were sorted, a decent watchmaker cleaned the inside no dust or hair was visible, the acrylic was polyed and scratch free, and the hands were fixed i.e. not bent, would he be prepared to accept it? If Ditchdigger is prepared to concede that these need done and is willing to pay for any rectification is it still going to be too small for the purchaser??

I personally couldn't give a toss either way but i do think there is more to this than meets the eye and i suspect that even if all / any work was done to a level that all of us would fell acceptable and would alleviate the situation there would still be issues.

So John Wall if the necessary was done would you accept the watch??? and Ditchdigger if the answer is "yes" are you prepared to do this to rectify the situation??

Nev.

NO.

I am under no legal obligation to accept the "repaired" watch.
    DD cannot force me to take the watch back.
    It was "not as described" when i received it and I returned it and asked very politely on several occasions, both by private message and on the public forum, for a refund, to which i am legally entitled.
    DD is refusing to honour my legal rights.
    DD is in breech of contract, even as a private seller.

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteQuarry

What i don't get in this situation is this - we are NOT talking about £600 of a loss - seller give the full cash back to the buyer and that's the aggro sorted, then either spend a few more £££ to get it correctly fxed and sell again at the enhanced value, or relisted it with FULL DECLARATION of the issues, i believe the watch will STILL make £600 as-is.

:?
    I personally think £600 is all the money for a reduced and for that it should be perfect.

Going by the condition in the pics and the work needing doing I would say value now is £475-£500.

I certainly agree that a refund should have been offered long ago. :?
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by kfman
    Most reflective & relevant post on this subject for a long time :lol:

Master

Quote Originally Posted by b11ocx
    Quote Originally Posted by kfman
    Most reflective & relevant post on this subject for a long time :lol:
    Not quite - go to the Bear Pit :D

You're a bloody disgrace my boy. I will never buy another watch from you again. In fact I've a good mind to come over there, pull your pants down, put you over my knee and give you a damn good spanking. You'd like that, wouldn't you? You pervert!

Quote Originally Posted by KingRat
    You're a bloody disgrace my boy. I will never buy another watch from you again. In fact I've a good mind to come over there, pull your pants down, put you over my knee and give you a damn good spanking. You'd like that, wouldn't you? You pervert!
    :shock: :? :shock:

Craftsman

seconded.. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Journeyman

No more drugs for that man! :shock:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Yarrow
    No more drugs for that man! :shock:
    I'm predicting a short membership on here. :wink:

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.