closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Best Traditional Shave in London

Master

Best Traditional Shave in London

I have a birthday coming up and am thinking of have a traditional wet shave in London. My daughter has warned me that going to London for a haircut is considered frivolous (at least by Jane Austen's Emma) but I'm not to be dissuaded. That last time I had a shave in a barber shop was 20 odd years ago and in a different country. I ended up with a terrible shaving rash as the barber shaved against the grain on my neck. In the interim I've had a lot of practice with DE shaving and I've learned to speak up.

I have a short list and the Dunhill barber shop is near the top. Any suggestion for places to go and places to avoid?

Been a while since I had a shave (full on hipster beard for the last 6/7 years)
    But Trumpers https://www.trumpers.com/barber-in-st-james/ were always good. It’s more of an experience than a practical service. Their smellys are quite nice as well (maybe not that high on TZUK bung hole fizz-o-meter)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Been a while since I had a shave (full on hipster beard for the last 6/7 years)
    But Trumpers https://www.trumpers.com/barber-in-st-james/ were always good. It’s more of an experience than a practical service. Their smellys are quite nice as well (maybe not that high on TZUK bung hole fizz-o-meter)
    Good suggestion. Trumpers is also on my short list and I also like their smellys, I was using Eucris shaving soap until recently.

Master
    I found that the underground barbers at Paddington station very good but that was years ago.

Master
    Unsure if its the BEST - however Ive used Ted bakers grooming rooms a few times its approx £60 but see it as a treatment more than a haircut and shave, they use traditional turkish methods - you can get a beer, coffee at the same time as part of the service, hot towell shave, a massage while the towell is on your face and cotton wool burning method for the ears and I can honestly say I always come away feeling ace

Its a treat and a bit of male pampering cant be knocked - I have the full ted

https://www.tedsgroomingroom.com/tre...ll-ted-service
    Last edited by R0bertb00th; 7th April 2022 at 10:06.

I like Taylor of Old Bond Street's scents. Anyone has tried their barber shop?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Been a few years, but Dunhill on Davies street is an excellent shout.

Master
    Another vote for Trumpers, it's been a while as it was a hangover cure.

If you go to Trumpers I can recommend Mark, he's the main guy there.

Master
    Go all hipster and visit Frank at ThyBarber

It’s more than a haircut and shave.

Last shave I had was at Ruffians in Covent Garden, decent enough but they (guess like most places) don't like shaving against the grain. On the plus side when finished you walk across the road to the Porterhouse for a nice pint. ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    I like Taylor of Old Bond Street's scents. Anyone has tried their barber shop?
    I had my hair cut there about 5 years ago. Good rather than great.
    Last edited by gerrudd; 7th April 2022 at 22:43.

Quote Originally Posted by R0bertb00th View Post
    Unsure if its the BEST - however Ive used Ted bakers grooming rooms a few times its approx £60 but see it as a treatment more than a haircut and shave, they use traditional turkish methods - you can get a beer, coffee at the same time as part of the service, hot towell shave, a massage while the towell is on your face and cotton wool burning method for the ears and I can honestly say I always come away feeling ace

Its a treat and a bit of male pampering cant be knocked - I have the full ted

https://www.tedsgroomingroom.com/tre...ll-ted-service
    Ted’s for me too. Got treated to a haircut and wet shave for my birthday at their Shoreditch branch. Was a lovely relaxing experience and a most excellent shave

Master
    In the end I decided to try the barbers at the Dunhill, Bourdon House in mayfair. I had a great shave and haircut and and a thoroughly enjoyable experience. I can highly recommend it.