closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: BELL & ROSS bracelet problem

BELL & ROSS bracelet problem

Maybe someone can help . I bought the wife a B & R mystery diamond ladies watch with a deployant style clasp . She is complaining that the clasp keep undoing accidentally . The clasp is the type that needs 2 buttons on either side depressing at the same time to release . However it releases when just one is pressed , this is happening accidentally 5 or so times a day . This is not what I expected from a £2000 watch.

I am no expert but how acceptable is this and can anything be done ? I have emailed B & R but thought I would educate myself first .

Any comments would be appreciated

DAN

Re: BELL & ROSS bracelet problem

Interesting watches those, do you know how the diamond floats? I can see my wife fancying one of those!

I don't know how long you have had this but it seems totally unacceptable to me. A friend of mine has always had problems with her Baume & Mercier watch in which the whole bracelet unlips, it now sits in a drawer... :roll:

The diamond is set on a glass disk which rotates in place of the hour hand you can't see you can't see the glass all you see is the diamond .

Quote Originally Posted by DAN595
    The diamond is set on a glass disk which rotates in place of the hour hand you can't see you can't see the glass all you see is the diamond .
    Thanks for that. I initially thought magnets and ball bearing but on second thoughts silly me...

I wonder how they made the glass disc invisible? AR coatings? Why not just a glass hand?

Master

Do you have a pic of the clasp Dan. maybe it be changed for a better one?

karl

The wife is away for 1/2 term will try to post pic on her return

Journeyman
    London - just follow the sounds of champagne corks and screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by JC180
    Thanks for that. I initially thought magnets and ball bearing but on second thoughts silly me...

I wonder how they made the glass disc invisible? AR coatings? Why not just a glass hand?
    Because you're more likely to see light reflecting from the edges than the hand itself. With a whole disk you avoid that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Delta
    Quote Originally Posted by JC180

Because you're more likely to see light reflecting from the edges than the hand itself. With a whole disk you avoid that problem.
    Ah ha!

I see! (said the blind man)

Cheers for that.

If your purchase was from a shop then I'd be back there asking them to repair the strap/clasp or replace it. Your post doesn't say where you got it so apologies if you've tried this approach already.