closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Any Zenith Chronomaster Original owners here?

Any Zenith Chronomaster Original owners here?

If so I'd be grateful if you could let me know your thoughts. I'm quite taken with this piece and am seriously considering one.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    If so I'd be grateful if you could let me know your thoughts. I'm quite taken with this piece and am seriously considering one.
    First dibs please, Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    First dibs please, Ryan
    Seconds please. I've been drooling over these for months.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’d like a real world opinion on the legibility. The vintage EPs used to have an off white dial but the pics seem to show is with pure white dials (or sub dials on the panda) and pure white hands so getting on in life will they be hard to read at a glance...?
    Last edited by pete-r; 27th May 2022 at 08:39.

I've got the boutique edition. AMAZING watches. No problem with legibility. Size wise, it wears a tad larger than 38mm- reminds me of a daytona but lighter and more comfy

Lovely!

Given the virtual lack of bezel the watch is all dial so that will make it wear larger. I'm mulling between the traditional silver dial or the reverse Panda

Quote Originally Posted by Thom4711 View Post
    I've got the boutique edition. AMAZING watches. No problem with legibility. Size wise, it wears a tad larger than 38mm- reminds me of a daytona but lighter and more comfy

- - - Updated - - -

It is actually a silvery eggshell type colour. You can notice it best when you look at the colour of the white date wheel vs the off white/silver dial

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I’d like a real world opinion on the legibility. The vintage EPs used to have an off white dial but the pics seem to show is with pure white dials (or sub dials on the panda) and pure white hands so getting on in life will they be hard to read at a glance...?

Still a big fan of my sport variant. Solid upgrade to the movement. Tho the minute tracker can be a bit small for reading.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Lovely!

Given the virtual lack of bezel the watch is all dial so that will make it wear larger. I'm mulling between the traditional silver dial or the reverse Panda

- - - Updated - - -

It is actually a silvery eggshell type colour. You can notice it best when you look at the colour of the white date wheel vs the off white/silver dial
    Yeah, the solid endlinks on the bracelet also help the lug to lug. I expect it will wear smaller on the strap. Lovely watches though, Ryan- the reverse panda gets my vote from those two. I shouldn't think you'd be disappointed either way.

Craftsman
    Had a chance to try the light dial version in London last weekend after months of looking at pictures and giving it serious consideration as a 50th birthday watch for later in the year. Love the blue and grey sub dials but I was actually quite underwhelmed. I prefer smaller watches in the 38-40mm range but this just felt too small and "insignificant" to me. Legibility wasn't great either. The shop (WoS on Regent St) didn't have the equivalent dial colour in the Chronomaster Sport but they did have the rose gold and black version. Sadly well above my budget at £18k but tried it for size and felt and looked much better on me. Later tried the black dial steel version in Selfridges and came to the same conclusion. On paper the Sport was going to be too big for me but in reality that's the one I'd actually go for if I choose a Zenith chrono.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Still a big fan of my sport variant. Solid upgrade to the movement. Tho the minute tracker can be a bit small for reading.

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk
    This is the Zenith Chronomaster to get IMHO, beautiful, although my choice would be the White dial version.

This is the exact one I'd go for. Utterly beautiful. Out of stock at Zenith. Presumably its a limited run? (I've asked them to notify me if it comes back in stock)

Quote Originally Posted by beechcustom View Post
    This is the exact one I'd go for. Utterly beautiful. Out of stock at Zenith. Presumably its a limited run? (I've asked them to notify me if it comes back in stock)
    I don't know if it's limited. I would say the online buying process was a real ball-ache so caveat emptor, but the watch is beautiful and well worth the stress! The dial is impossible to capture in pictures and is stunning in 'real life'

I don't know if it's limited. I would say the online buying process was a real ball-ache so caveat emptor, but the watch is beautiful and well worth the stress! The dial is impossible to capture in pictures and is stunning in 'real life'
    Thanks for the info. Surprised that the online buying process wasn't smooth though. Zenith have been trumpeting how e-commerce friendly they are now. May I ask what happened (feel free to pm if you'd prefer)?

Thanks for the info. Surprised that the online buying process wasn't smooth though. Zenith have been trumpeting how e-commerce friendly they are now. May I ask what happened (feel free to pm if you'd prefer)?
    Nothing too severe but delivery took a long time, the comms were non existent, the delivery failed twice and it was a bark paying in the first place. Had to pay by bank transfer in the end- which isn't normally a problem- but it was tricky with Lvmh. Worse things happen at sea, but I'll not personally order online again.

Quote Originally Posted by shalako View Post
    This is the Zenith Chronomaster to get IMHO, beautiful, although my choice would be the White dial version.
    And a good choice it would make, too!

Nah go vintage - timeless beauty

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

Any Zenith Chronomaster Original owners here?

I own the predecessor and I have to say I’m very taken with it. The bracelet isn’t perfect, and I intend to change the finish to fully brushed, but the watch itself is finished really well and is an ideal size. Mechanically it’s certainly very accomplished (well aware that sounds a nonsense thing to say).

Last edited by colin t; 28th May 2022 at 09:21.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I enquired if Zenith would do me a fully brushed bracelet but they wouldn’t. I find the polished centre link bracelet a major put off and while I also like it on the leather it looks great on metal.

Managed to get 16% off RRP for the panda dial on bracelet so I've put a deposit on it

Blog Entries
    And a good choice it would make, too!

My old watch. Excellent piece both on strap and bracelet. Now all settled in PT may need to get another!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    My old watch. Excellent piece both on strap and bracelet. Now all settled in PT may need to get another!
    That reminds me, Martyn - I really should unwrap the bracelet and give it a go.

Blog Entries
    That reminds me, Martyn - I really should unwrap the bracelet and give it a go.
    Transforms the watch (in a good way). Here is the black on steel:

Master
    Managed to get 16% off RRP for the panda dial on bracelet so I've put a deposit on it
    That’s a decent discount. What AD was that with? Looking to pick up one of these next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    That’s a decent discount. What AD was that with? Looking to pick up one of these next year.
    Via Watches of Mayfair

Master
    Via Watches of Mayfair
    Ta. Appreciated. Did they say how long the wait would be?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuno1 View Post
    Ta. Appreciated. Did they say how long the wait would be?
    It's in stock. I've just stuck a deposit to hold it until I get some funds in a week's time

Master
    It's in stock. I've just stuck a deposit to hold it until I get some funds in a week's time
    Ah ok. That’s a very good deal. Enjoy.

Nothing too severe but delivery took a long time, the comms were non existent, the delivery failed twice and it was a bark paying in the first place. Had to pay by bank transfer in the end- which isn't normally a problem- but it was tricky with Lvmh. Worse things happen at sea, but I'll not personally order online again.
    Thanks again. I've asked Watches Of Mayfair if they can get hold of one on bracelet (they have the blue on leather but this one needs to be on bracelet imo. The silver tri colour looks better on leather as the bracelet seems to wash the dial out but I think these reverse pandas are absolutely killer on bracelet).

Thanks again. I've asked Watches Of Mayfair if they can get hold of one on bracelet (they have the blue on leather but this one needs to be on bracelet imo. The silver tri colour looks better on leather as the bracelet seems to wash the dial out but I think these reverse pandas are absolutely killer on bracelet).
    Good luck, mate. It's a lovely watch, and a bit different to the norm- not too many people will have one in this config

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I have a Striking 10th and can say from experience that despite LOVING the watch, the build, the uniqueness of the chrono function, etc. - that the legibility is ... meh.

Blog Entries

I’m giving them a call in the morning. They deliver ex (20%) VAT to EU but then I’d have to add 23% IVA back on import. I’m seeing if they will drop the price a bit to compensate on top off the decent price they quote.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I’m giving them a call in the morning. They deliver ex (20%) VAT to EU but then I’d have to add 23% IVA back on import. I’m seeing if they will drop the price a bit to compensate on top off the decent price they quote.
    Hi Martyn

They absolutely won't drop the price other that the watch I've got is £6771 on their site but they were listing it at £6650 on ebay and they agreed to sell at that on a technicality but the guy was clear that they have a fixed margin on their incost on a piece.