closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Unique Grand Seiko

Master

Unique Grand Seiko

A chance to own a one off for a few customers...

————

Grand Seiko Japan is offering the ability to create a personalized custom chronograph for a limited time. Customers start with a 9R86 Spring Drive GMT calibre, stainless steel case and bracelet. They can then select the bezel, bezel insert, dial, hands, pushers, and replacement strap. The case back has the text “CUSTOMIZED MODEL” above the GS logo.

Customers can book an appointment at the Grand Seiko Flagship Boutique Ginza located in the Wako Main Store on the 2nd floor. Bookings are available between June 10th and 29th and are open to the first ten customers. The price for the model depends upon the material choice with the full stainless steel combination priced at 1,980,000 yen including tax, and the stainless steel and 18K gold versions priced at 2,970,000 yen including tax.

There are various combinations possible from the options as follows.
    Ceramic Bezel Insert: 5 types (white, black, blue, brown, green)
    Bezel: 3 material choices with stainless steel, 18K yellow gold, or 18K pink gold. (Same color as the hands only)
    Dial and Hands: 9 types: black x silver color, black x yellow gold color, blue x silver color, brown x pink gold color, red x silver color, green x yellow gold color, white x silver color, silver x silver color, silver x yellow gold color.
    Crown and Chronograph Pushers: 3 options: stainless steel, 18K yellow gold, or 18K pink gold. (Same color as the hands only)

Bracelet Clasp Logo: 3 choices: stainless steel, 18K yellow gold, or 18K pink gold. (Same color as the hands only)
    Additional Leather Strap: six different choices brown, black, and white

Case back Lion Emblem: 4 types (gold, silver, pink gold, blue)

Master
    Interesting idea, shame it’s based on the Chronograph though! Just cannot get on with the looks…

Quote Originally Posted by LukeBird View Post
    Interesting idea, shame it’s based on the Chronograph though! Just cannot get on with the looks…
    "...open to the first ten customers". In total, or per day? I know it may seem a daft question but ....

Master
    I understood it was 10 per day, and I imagine they would need that volume in order to make sense from a manufacturing perspective,

Twenty days, 10 per day - 200 individually unique pieces in the world!