closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The Big Gaming Thread

Hybrid View

Craftsman
    Had been looking forward to sniper elite 5 coming out for months, bought a copy the other day and am totally underwhelmed. Not a patch on 4, not worth the £42 I paid.

Journeyman
    That’s a shame, I really enjoyed 4. What’s not so good about it?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipperySam View Post
    That’s a shame, I really enjoyed 4. What’s not so good about it?
    They have the cloud that they used on 3 that tells you where the enemy are as you get closer. You can stand next to a German and he won’t notice you, they hunt you for 10 seconds then switch off. It does seem a rip off of SE 3, graphics aren’t as good as 4 either.

Journeyman
    Thanks. I’ll have to see if I can get a demo of it before buying.

No Man's Sky continues be be great, with lots of free updates and new content / expansions. The latest 'expedition' (a series of linked missions) is rather challenging, in several ways.

The Planet Crafter (on Steam) is a fun survival (against the elements, no enemies or monsters) planet terraforming game. Still early access, and relatively short, but good fun.

I must disagree about Sniper Elite 5. The graphics are a big step up from SE4. It’s not quite up to the best modern standards, just like SE4 wasn’t in its time. It’s true there are numerous bugs and glitches and the AI will sometimes freeze. Thus far I’ve only played the campaign, about halfway through and I’ve really enjoyed it. I’ll admit that SE4 was one of my all time favourite games so I’m something of a fan. Disclaimer: I only play on the most difficult settings, so it may be worse on easier settings.

If you’re not a die hard fan it may be wise to wait for a while. I bet it’ll be a lot cheaper in 2023 and they’ll have ironed out the worst creases by then. You can also get it as part of the Game Pass.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post
    I must disagree about Sniper Elite 5. The graphics are a big step up from SE4. It’s not quite up to the best modern standards, just like SE4 wasn’t in its time. It’s true there are numerous bugs and glitches and the AI will sometimes freeze. Thus far I’ve only played the campaign, about halfway through and I’ve really enjoyed it. I’ll admit that SE4 was one of my all time favourite games so I’m something of a fan. Disclaimer: I only play on the most difficult settings, so it may be worse on easier settings.

If you’re not a die hard fan it may be wise to wait for a while. I bet it’ll be a lot cheaper in 2023 and they’ll have ironed out the worst creases by then. You can also get it as part of the Game Pass.
    SE5 was on game pass for the xbox, cant beat free!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Possu View Post

We clearly enjoy many of the same games! SE3 onwards, and always enjoyed them.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    No Man's Sky continues be be great, with lots of free updates and new content / expansions. The latest 'expedition' (a series of linked missions) is rather challenging, in several ways.

The Planet Crafter (on Steam) is a fun survival (against the elements, no enemies or monsters) planet terraforming game. Still early access, and relatively short, but good fun.
    I’ve put a lot of hours in to NMS and still really enjoy it. Want to try it in VR. Pretty sure I’ve barely scratched the surface.

I’ve been playing too much Fortnite of late though.

I bought Elden Ring in the sales and by Jove it’s a beautiful game! A couple of hours in and I’m still feeling overwhelmed with all of the choices and stats etc. Not to mention getting my arse handed to me by some common low level adversaries…