closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rammstein concert

Blog Entries

Rammstein concert

(First, I know they were in the UK already).

My wife had bought two tickets for last night’’s Rammstein concert as a b/’day present. She ha’d splashed out for 2 tickets in the ‘Feuer Zone’, right in front of the stage. And oh man was it worth it!

The gig was (and is tonight) in a park in. Nijmegen, 5 kms from the German border. Let’s say that 50% of the 60,000 crowd was German. That adds something I tell you - in a positive way. And like the pre-covid times: the metal-fans look ‘dangerous’ but the atmosphere was fantastic. Happy faces all around.

I’d forgotten how L O U D these guys play. Insanely loud. I had plugs in my ears, like most people around me.

Rammstein is more than loud music. It’s theatre, show, special effects and pyro-technics. And it works. These 6 guys play for 2.5 hours straight. And it was worth standing there for 3.5 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Load of my mates went last week to the Coventry gig. My mum lives 3 mile from the arena and could here it

Blog Entries
    I’m sure she could. As said, it was very loud.

I made some short vids with my phone and when I watch them now, I notice that the phone’s electronics cut-in and dampen the noise level: one second it’s as loud as it was, then the (recording) sound level goes down.

I love this band, their first three albums are brilliant. There is nothing better than playing them loud in a darkened room with a few beers.

Master
    I had no idea you were a fan Menno or we'd have made the effort to go to Nijmegen and have a pint!

We saw Rammstein in Berlin a few weeks ago and again in Coventry a week last Sunday.

Great band, great shows and properly loud.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.

I was very late on the uptake and missed the tickets in the UK, but they are my must see band. I was at an art school in Seattle when I first heard them on the Lost Highway soundtrack and both the film and the music sent shockwaves throughout my "community". Loved them ever since.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    I had no idea you were a fan Menno or we'd have made the effort to go to Nijmegen and have a pint!

We saw Rammstein in Berlin a few weeks ago and again in Coventry a week last Sunday.

Great band, great shows and properly loud.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves.
    We enjoyed it immensely. I'm almost jealous knowing that there's another round tonight and I'm not there! My wife's big fan as well; her idea to get the tickets for my b/day . Shame we missed the chance for a pint. But who knows. And when you go to Nijmegen for another (band's) concert: drop me a PM; my wife went to the Uni in Nijmegen and knows a few useful shortcuts: like close-by & easy parking and a short route to the entrance. It worked perfectly well last night!

I suppose that you also noticed that the presence of Germans (like the concert in Berlin) add to the atmosphere. The crowd around us sang all songs word-by-word during the whole concert! It was like participating in an enormous choir! We, non-Germans, sing more-or-less along. But miss the essence of certain phrases! Especially when Till Lindemann changed some words during his songs. That was reason for the Germans to cheer!

Most Germans came from the northern part of the country, like Cuxhaven, Cloppenburg etc. They'd missed the Denmark concert (smaller stadium) and the German concerts were sold-out in the blink of an eye, the told us.

Saw them in Manchester years back, late 90s. I distinctly remember the heat from the pyrotechnics was really intense!

Absolutely barking this lot, best live band I’ve seen.

Was meant to be at Coventry but COVID floored me so I couldn’t go

Craftsman
    Awesome, I am very jealous.

I missed going to Coventry and also missed Volbeat because of work sadly :(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andyb28 View Post
    Awesome, I am very jealous.

I missed going to Coventry and also missed Volbeat because of work sadly :(
    They will be in Ostend Belgium early August. I looked online this evening and there were still some tickets available.

Blog Entries
    We went to see them in Ostend! What a show. We had seats on a specially built stand, overlooking the crowd and the podium. Wonderful.

Ostend had a special venue spot built for this sort of big concerts. They want to become a concert hot-spot and Rammstein is the first gig since the venue spot was built in 2020 (Corona et all). Logistics is A+. The routing is designed by the people who also manage the routing of the Tour de Flandres. Spot-on. Ostend is used to large crowds, due to the fact that it's a popular beach town. In fact, the venue grounds are less than 500m from the sea!

People in shops etc were super-excited when they found out that a lot of people in the streets came for the concert. We (my wife and I) warned them to put the crockery safely in the cupboards! There's an old peoples' home next to the venue and two band members went for a coffee with the older people yesterday morning. That's a gesture that was well-received in town, I tell you. People in the supermarkets were talking about it in a positive way!

This morning a lady in a bakery shop told that she lives 5 miles north of the venue grounds and that she was able to hear everything, she was even able to hear Lindemann sing! And as icing on the cake: she has tickets for tonight's show. "I can hear them twice, and see them once!" she told me.

Anyway, my wife took the chance of using her new iPhone...

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by thieuster; 4th August 2022 at 09:33.

Amazing.

This is from last night!

Blog Entries
    Great!

Again, a phone’s microphone cannot handle the avalange of sound that’s coming towards you.

Journeyman
    Epic, would love to go see them live!