closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Patek desk clock - real or fake

Patek desk clock - real or fake

Not something I usually look at but wondered if any eagle eyed Patek fans would know ?
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Fugazi!

Looks fake to me. The quality of the lettering is too poor.

You all know that it’s not going to be fake. It’ll be on antiques roadshow in a couple of years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    "Dual Zone" looks like its printed in Papyrus

My friend had similar once. He very very excitedly shows me a Patek his wife picked up in a market in Paris. He thought he'd struck gold for 10 euro or whatever it was

It was fake as the day is long but he just was not convinced. He kept asking me how I knew it was fake just from seeing pics

Left in the cabinet for the unwary!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Stuff the clock, I want that lovely yellow teapot for £100! What a bargain.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    My wife has a collection of 42 teapots in the dining room and she has got that particular model. There is no makers name on the base but but it is stamped ENGLAND B825539 and it looks from the 1930s. It is almost certainly from Staffordshire. The old lady on my wife's teapot has her eyes painted inside the spectacles.

These teapots crashed in price about 20 years ago and are still flat. The reason being that there are thousands of them in existence but nobody wants a teapot today unless it has an inbuilt infuser fitted and this particular model has an oval shaped opening which make using one difficult, hence there will be no demand for it.. You would be mad to pay £100.00 for that, £20.00 is a more realistic price today.

This is not a stealth sale as my wife wants to hold onto it for sentimental reasons but being Tory scum with a moral vacuum I don't want you to think I am trying to rip you off.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick P View Post
    My wife has a collection of 42 teapots in the dining room and she has got that particular model. There is no makers name on the base but but it is stamped ENGLAND B825539 and it looks from the 1930s. It is almost certainly from Staffordshire. The old lady on my wife's teapot has her eyes painted inside the spectacles.

These teapots crashed in price about 20 years ago and are still flat. The reason being that there are thousands of them in existence but nobody wants a teapot today unless it has an inbuilt infuser fitted and this particular model has an oval shaped opening which make using one difficult, hence there will be no demand for it.. You would be mad to pay £100.00 for that, £20.00 is a more realistic price today.

This is not a stealth sale as my wife wants to hold onto it for sentimental reasons but being Tory scum with a moral vacuum I don't want you to think I am trying to rip you off.
    I agree. Never sell a Rolex or a teapot. :)

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Not just ugly and overpriced, but also almost-certainly fake. With the 1990s boom in antique collecting, China and India (and even the US) flooded the market with enormous numbers of blatant fakes of American, British and European glass and ceramics, most of which continues to circulate among dealers and auctions unquestioned - no matter how obviously-moody it is. (And it's often WAY more obvious than - say - quality modern watch fakes).