closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wiggle/Chain Reaction discount codes

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Wiggle/Chain Reaction discount codes

I’m on the fence ordering myself a new bike and am looking for a usable discount code for either Wiggle or Chain Reaction cycles.

Anyone know of any current codes?
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

Master
    Out of interest, do you have a cycle2work scheme through work?? You could save a substantial amount.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gingerboy View Post
    Out of interest, do you have a cycle2work scheme through work?? You could save a substantial amount.

Unfortunately not Paul, as I don’t work.

I have considered getting Mrs b4w to get a voucher through her work but that sits a little uneasy with me.
    Cheers,

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

I have considered getting Mrs b4w to get a voucher through her work but that sits a little uneasy with me.
    Madness. Get that voucher.

Master

Is it a particular model / brand they have that you are after?

Quote Originally Posted by ben4watches View Post

You are a rule follower! Although the scheme has some rules, the basic premise is to get people cycling and nobody cares about whether the rules are broken or not.

I got speaking to one of the sales assistants at a bike shop and they’ve had people come in and buy bikes for their teenage kids with the voucher.

I myself bought two bikes on one voucher, both of different sizes so one could be used by my kids.

I’ve had about 6 bikes of the scheme over the years. Nobody checks and nobody cares.

But, the saving for a basic rate tax player is too small, so I reckon you have to be a higher rate tax payer for it to make sense.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Im quite happy to bend the rules a little Dave, aren’t we all.

As Mrs b4w is disabled and a full time wheelchair user I’m entirely sure how her HR department would view the application

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    You are a rule follower! Although the scheme has some rules, the basic premise is to get people cycling and nobody cares about whether the rules are broken or not.

I got speaking to one of the sales assistants at a bike shop and they’ve had people come in and buy bikes for their teenage kids with the voucher.

I myself bought two bikes on one voucher, both of different sizes so one could be used by my kids.

I’ve had about 6 bikes of the scheme over the years. Nobody checks and nobody cares.

But, the saving for a basic rate tax player is too small, so I reckon you have to be a higher rate tax payer for it to make sense.
    Cheers,

Ben

Sorry to hear that.

You have a point there.

Just had a Wiggle email saying that there is an UP TO 50% Sale on. Perhaps you already know about this though?

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Ive narrowed my choice to 2 at the moment Paul, very different bikes but the one on wiggle/CRC is this one

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/.../rp-prod202326

or a electric Brompton

Is it a particular model / brand they have that you are after?
    Cheers,

Ben

Journeyman
    Wiggle/CR don't tend to have discount codes other than those shown on the website. They occasionally have £10 off for new subscribers to their marketing e-mails but little beyond that. Nothing that's going to make a difference on a £3,500 bike.

I don't think that there is much chance of getting a Brompton discounted, but you may an eBrompton.

Bear in mind that there is/was a Brompton on here that could be converted. The seller was not offering to ship though, instead reducing the price.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Templogin View Post
    I don't think that there is much chance of getting a Brompton discounted, but you may an eBrompton.

Bear in mind that there is/was a Brompton on here that could be converted. The seller was not offering to ship though, instead reducing the price.
    I already have a standard Brompton, don’t need another.
    Cheers,

Ben