closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Prime Day

Amazon Prime Day

Anyone spotted anything great?

I'm tempted by the Garmin 530 edge bike computer at £160, seems lots cheaper than normal.

Loads of Amazon branded stuff on sale as usual

Sent from my M2101K7BNY using Tapatalk

My purchases have been pretty boring this year. Copy pasted them below. The mouse is a really great deal and will be for my wife but the Belkin plug is great, so much easier to have 6 in a row than 8 in a block where the big plugs take up 2 and you end up with only 3 plugs in.

Deal of the day for Prime Members: Logitech MX Master 2S Wireless Mouse with Flow Cross-Computer Control and File Sharing for PC and Mac, Grey https://amzn.eu/bQQ5dZw

Deal of the day for Prime Members: Belkin 6 Way/6 Plug 2m Surge Protection Extension Lead Strip, White https://amzn.eu/9fyF7c5

Deal of the day for Prime Members: TP-Link Tapo Smart Plug Wi-Fi Outlet, Works with Amazon Alexa (Echo and Echo Dot), Google Home, Wireless Smart Socket, Device Sharing, Without Energy Monitoring, No Hub Required (Tapo P100) https://amzn.eu/0dZX22y

Google Chromecast - Cast to your TV in HD, Android Streaming Stick - Stream YouTube, Netflix, Disney+, Amazon Prime and So Much More on your TV https://amzn.eu/3gB9rtz

Those Tapi plugs are great, very reliable, fit and forget

That mouse looks amazing!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by xxnick1975 View Post
    Those Tapi plugs are great, very reliable, fit and forget

That mouse looks amazing!

Does this make a dumb device smart? Such as a lamp which can be turned off and on?

I bought cat food. Exciting times...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Does this make a dumb device smart? Such as a lamp which can be turned off and on?
    Yes, I have them all round the house. Saves quite a bit of electricity.

Blink Doorbell - normally £49.99, reduced to £34.99.

Already a good deal, but mystifyingly they offer a package deal with the 4th Gen Echo Dot for… £34.99.

So in addition to a good Blink deal, that’s a free Echo Dot!

Also, a Bosch paint sprayer down from £71 to £51. I’m sceptical about sprayers, but I’m hoping it can take some of the pain & tedium out of painting fences. Fortunately they’re in an area where overspray or drift aren’t an issue.

The blink and ring bundle are amazing value and pretty good for what they are. Superb value with the echo screen included!

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Exactly that, operated via an app, can be scheduled to turn on or off at set times etc

We use them where plugs are inaccessible behind furniture etc, and for occasional lamps to come on in the evening.

Also have a few for the Xmas lights, so turn them on and off at set times etc

I was seduced in to buying a SUP by the Amazon deals, but ended up buying a non-Prime deal HIKS SUP instead as they are a well reputed local company with good customer support and not some lottery of a brand likely from China. But still cheaper on Amazon than HIKS website.

Master
    I bought a Bosch laser level for £26 about half price

Picked up a firestick for £22 after waiting for Prime Day for what seems like ages.

Also a Ring Spotlight Cam to go on the new Garage Extension. We have Floodlight Pro cams elsewhere on our property but needed something a bit smaller due to the position of the new extension.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Picked up the more powerful cordless Dremel for £50 which is a decent deal.

I just bought a robot vacuum cleaner for £170 which is £100 off (the wife won’t be happy as she says we don’t need one!).

I had a robot lawn mower in my basket too but that was yesterday and it’s no longer on sale.

the £34.99 kindles look like a good deal

Master
    Anyone spotted anything great?

I'm tempted by the Garmin 530 edge bike computer at £160, seems lots cheaper than normal.

Loads of Amazon branded stuff on sale as usual

Got the Edge in the deal, better discount than the Vitality discount of 25%

Blog Entries
    SWMBO wants a new steam generator iron, so just ordered this Amazon deal:-
    Tefal GV9611G0 Pro Express Ultimate +, 2600 W, 1.9 liters, at £246.99

£499.99 elsewhere including John Lewis. Deal ends today!

I know a lot of you guys are into ironing so just thought I would share this deal!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    the £34.99 kindles look like a good deal
    Helped myself to that too

I got a litre of Fireball reduced to under £20.
    Does that count?

Cheers,

Adam.

Does anyone know the difference between Ring and Blink? Is blink just Amazon's newer branding?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Does anyone know the difference between Ring and Blink? Is blink just Amazon's newer branding?
    Don't think so.

Ring slightly more premium although they seem to have very similar products these days.

Ring kicked off widespread adoption of these video doorbells, so probably the market leader

Nowadays, depending on what you need, you may want a monthly subscription, so probably makes sense to go with one brand over the other, plus only one app to worry about.

Ive got both at home and both are pretty reasonable for what they cost etc

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    Think of it like Tesco's own brand. Probably made in the same factory but tastes a little less appealing. Maybe not as clear cut but you get the idea.....

I'd been sucked into the Ring eco system by way of their alarm package (another prime day bargain). So I ended up plumping with their doorbell, floodlight and stick-up camera line. They are expensive for what they are and add a yearly subscription on top too it soon adds up.

So a budget version with live answer and playback isn't that bad a deal.

Master
    Blog Entries

Amazon Prime Day

Those blink packages look a great deal.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/blink-video...peregc-21&th=1

Has anyone got any feedback on the cameras?
    Last edited by Middo; 13th July 2022 at 15:58.

Ive got both at home and both are pretty reasonable for what they cost etc
    Have you got two front doors?

I’ve just gone for the Ring with Echo Show 5 for £36. You don’t have to subscribe, but lose the recording and playback functionality. I think you get a few months free trial, so can make a decision about what features you want.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post

https://www.amazon.co.uk/blink-video...peregc-21&th=1

Cameras are battery powered and connect to a hub. Hub connects to your WiFi

They record for a set period of time once triggered by movement, pretty sensitive. keep the time lowish to save the batteries, they come with Lithium AAs which are okay for 2 years.

Image quality is fine, and you don't need to subscribe to store the footage - you can use a SD card in the hub. You can set up auto delete, so wipes after a set number of days.

Again, no issues losing the WiFi, however depending on size of property you may have to position one or two of them carefully to reach the hub.

One nice thing is they have internal and external cameras. Internal great for keeping an eye on pets when you are out as you can access them from the app at any time for a "Live view".

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Have you got two front doors?
    Yes, kind of. But our set up is a ring doorbell, and blink cameras. When I installed them ring weren't much into cameras and blink didn't have a doorbell. Obviously that's not the case now!

Last edited by xxnick1975; 13th July 2022 at 16:59.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Cameras are battery powered and connect to a hub. Hub connects to your WiFi

They record for a set period of time once triggered by movement, pretty sensitive. keep the time lowish to save the batteries, they come with Lithium AAs which are okay for 2 years.

Image quality is fine, and you don't need to subscribe to store the footage - you can use a SD card in the hub. You can set up auto delete, so wipes after a set number of days.

Again, no issues losing the WiFi, however depending on size of property you may have to position one or two of them carefully to reach the hub.

One nice thing is they have internal and external cameras. Internal great for keeping an eye on pets when you are out as you can access them from the app at any time for a "Live view".

Thanks - I think I will take a punt.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Cheap Lily's Kitchen dog food. Height of glamour.

For the Bikers

Good deal if suitable for your bike, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Castrol-150...c=1&th=1&psc=1

I have a camera back and front at home. There is no subscription - you plug a USB stick into the base station for endless storage (size dependant).
    Overall, it's not a bad system, although I have no comparison. It picks up both driveway and garden movement (heat sources) sometimes it "bongs" on your phone, in your pocket, as soon as you get out of the car. Other times, you can be in the hall way and enter the lounge before it "bongs".
    We have very fast WiFi but there is no particular pattern to the timing notifications.
    It records video footage to a length of time you can set and it can be setup to take a snapshot of your property or record live video if you're away from home.
    Clips are user deleted so just keep building up in your USB storage until you bin them off.
    Similar to a video door bell, if I get a notification and I'm away from home, there is a 2 way mic on the cameras so conversation can be exchanged with whoever it is knocking at your door. Sound quality is very good as is picture quality.
    Areas of view can be blanked out so as not to be picking up stuff you might consider unnecessary.
    The lithium batteries, as with every sales claim, don't last as long as they reckon they will, again dependant on usage but they're cheap enough when it's replacement time.

I'm pretty happy with it all told.
    Last edited by reggie747; 13th July 2022 at 18:37.

I agree with everything said above.

I’d add that they do better with lateral movement, across the camera, rather than directly oncoming. There is a bit of a delay. I was sceptical re battery life, but I’m 14 months in on a high-traffic area and still going strong. You can personalise with sensitivity & zoning options. Good WiFi is a must.

For circa £150 you can get a multi-camera system with hub & USB stick offering easy, non-invasive set-up (no trailing wires through walls etc.) and no subscription costs.

The iPhone app is really simple & intuitive.

Other systems are undoubtedly superior, but not as easy or cheap.

It provides useful peace of mind and is really handy for deliveries when you’re out. I’m very happy with mine.

Most criminals will come with hood up to defeat CCTV, so really it’s just another layer of security on top of alarm, lights, locks, common sense. The deterrent is the thing - that little blue recording light may mean they move to an easier target.

Also, you’ll pick up some real oddities - a friend has caught the same passer-by trying their car door handle on several occasions. It’s quite bizarre.

Master
    Blog Entries
    All ordered, a lot of kit for the money

Quote Originally Posted by Dave+63 View Post
    I just bought a robot vacuum cleaner for £170 which is £100 off (the wife won’t be happy as she says we don’t need one!).

I had a robot lawn mower in my basket too but that was yesterday and it’s no longer on sale.
    That's a good call.... Two years ago I fight the wife saying it was a joke and now we use it every day automatically programmed to go off before we get home... Severely cut back on the pet hair!!

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyloon View Post
    I got a litre of Fireball reduced to under £20.
    Does that count?

Cheers,

Adam.
    Yes! Only whisky for me this year

Got the first delivery of all the prime stuff today.

Quite a few items clearly previously opened and repacked by animals. Some have definitely been previously used. One even came damaged and broken.

Is prime day secretly Amazon warehouse day or are some people ordering products on Amazon they already own and switching the old for new before returning their orders?

Back to John Lewis.

That's annoying.

I wouldn't have thought that's the primary element, just from a pure scale point of view, but possible stuff does get slipped in there.

That said, whilst Amazon deffo have their fair share of sharp practice, Ive always found their customer facing behaviour to be very very transparent - returns always honoured and trouble free, even just giving refunds without returning the goods for low value items etc etc.

Stuff from warehouse clearly indicated etc.

I received a phone, bike computer, glue gun, power brick and some bits and bobs, all box fresh, so don't think your experience is universal.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Bought a robot hoover, went for an entry level one (Eufy 30C) to see what its like. It's picking up a crazy amount despite hoovering weekly!

Master
    Was due an iPad to be delivered yesterday, email at 4pm to say it will be delivered today.

Email 4pm today to say tomorrow.

That will be 3 days wasted at home waiting for an Ipad to be delivered.

It has been in Surrey since Wednesday morning, I could have walked there to collect it in less time.

If it arrives as used, I think I may just cancel prime.

Saved £8 on two packs of sous vide vac bags.................. Living the dream !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug86 View Post
    Bought a robot hoover, went for an entry level one (Eufy 30C) to see what its like. It's picking up a crazy amount despite hoovering weekly!
    LOL looks like everyone bought a robovac.

My Ecovacs T8 is arriving tomorrow.

[QUOTE=Mj2k;6028584]

You not got any neighbourly neighbours who would have taken it in for you then ?

Master
    Blog Entries

Amazon Prime Day

Doorbell arrived fitted today. Seems quite god for the money. Just waiting on the rest of the kit.

Master
    I got a Garmin Varia RTL515 radar light for £115, was only reduced for one day then back up to £169, trying it out tomorrow.

Doorbell arrived fitted today. Seems quite god for the money. Just waiting on the rest of the kit.
    At least you’ll be ready for: “we knocked but were out”

Seems quite god for the money.
    Praise the Lord!

Master
    [QUOTE=reggie747;6028615]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post

You not got any neighbourly neighbours who would have taken it in for you then ?
    They would require the code which is emailed to me just prior to the delivery. I cannot guarantee when I’m out and about that I will be accessible to provide this to neighbours in a timely fashion

[QUOTE=Mj2k;6028932]
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post

They would require the code which is emailed to me just prior to the delivery. I cannot guarantee when I’m out and about that I will be accessible to provide this to neighbours in a timely fashion
    Recently had a Bosch built-in microwave delivered by Amazon. Much to their surprise I had to remind the delivery guys I had a code to prove I was the intended recipient. If I hadn't they would have happily swanned off to the next job.

[QUOTE=Tabs;6028947]
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Recently had a Bosch built-in microwave delivered by Amazon. Much to their surprise I had to remind the delivery guys I had a code to prove I was the intended recipient. If I hadn't they would have happily swanned off to the next job.

Had that before and the guy said he didn't need the code but then came running back for it 20 mins later.

Master
    [QUOTE=wileeeeeey;6028984]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post

Had that before and the guy said he didn't need the code but then came running back for it 20 mins later.
    Now apparently lost FFS.

Another long chat with them, no longer talking to CS, or the leadership team - been upgraded to Mgmt team lol, who still copy paste and forget to add their name to it - called them out on that.

Escalated again, but saying no management available for a call - said call Jeff, I don't care what he is up to.

They managed to find a 'manager', who asked what it would take to make things right.

Apparently Jeff delivering it tomorrow on a white horse is not going to happen.

Utter clowns.