closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: An evening with MB&F - pic heavy

An evening with MB&F - pic heavy

My friend kindly took me as their +1 to WoS tonight for the MB&F launch.

Max was there who gave a talk and stayed the evening to talk to everyone, potential customer or not. He's a pretty cool customer and a huge watch (obviously) and car nut. Independent watches and independent cars are two things he seems to love. Really interesting and totally uncompromising guy.

I took a whole bunch of pictures which are quite sloppy and in awful light but I thought it might be good to see some real life photos.

I have an M.A.D.1 due later this year thanks to head's up on this forum so it was amazing to be able to handle some of the MB&F stuff.

Last edited by wileeeeeey; 28th July 2022 at 00:48.

An evening with MB&F - pic heavy

Last edited by wileeeeeey; 28th July 2022 at 00:40.

Thank you for sharing. I hadn't heard of MB&F until now. Never realised something could be so bonkers and cool at the same time - absolutely fantastic!

Craftsman
    Class pics. That domed crystal is awesome.

Thanks for sharing. None of their watches really do it for me but I can appreciate the ingenuity and engineering.

Blog Entries
    There are some works of art there.

Daring to be different Good pics, thanks for sharing.
    Best Regards - Peter

I'd hate to be with you when you're on your own.

Looks like a great evening, awesome to get hands on with some of these and meet the man behind it all. Have admired MB&F from afar for awhile now. Out of my budget, perhaps a MAD1 if I get lucky

Craftsman
    Quality stuff that and some great photos. That LM 101 looks to be a perfect fit on your wrist. I am surprised to see that is such a wearable piece. You must be tempted to join the waitlist.

Thanks for the pics. Some wild pieces there! Hope you both had a great evening.

Master
    Apart from the wacky designs, if you look deeper the attention to detail is outstanding. They make the Konstantin Joker watches look like mainstream.

what amazing designs,sadly i missed out on getting an allocation of the MAD1 but looking forward to seeing your pics . I watched an interesting interview with Max on i think it was Hodinkee worth searching out .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

some great creativity in design, but nothing I would actually want (or could afford)

Truly mad, but very brilliant. I'm a real fan of MB&F.

Craftsman
    Far Out!

How refreshing =)

Never heard of MB&F...

...Until now.

That's the next hour of web surfing taken care of =)

I spent some time in their unit in Dubai in January - exquisite and whacky all at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

A mix of brilliant engineering with hideous designs. I fully appreciate the engineering and manufacturing processes but not something that would open my wallet even with a lotto win.

Looks like a nice evening and I think your pics are rather good.

Master
    Looks like a great event, I would have loved to have gone!

I think the watches look great, some better than others of course, but I really buy in to Max - he always comes across really well in interviews.

Congrats on your MAD 1, I entered the lottery but didn't get one.

Craftsman
    Thanks for posting and I agree with the comment above that your pics are good. If I could ever afford one I would be privileged to wear an MB&F and I love his bold and imaginative designs. The mechanical sculptures he does are stunning too.
    I look forward to seeing the pics of yours when it arrives.

Craftsman
    Haven’t looked at these before.
    They look like marvellous feats of engineering, and certainly “conversation-starters”.
    Will have to do more research I think!
    Great pics of what must have been a really interesting evening.
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. The iPhone was struggling as when you get close it goes into macro mode but the watches so intricate it can't focus and you have to turn macro off.

Max doesn't own an MB&F. I mentioned that Roger Smith doesn't own one of his own and Max said he doesn't either. He wears one but it isn't his. Such low volume and the priority isn't himself.

The most mental of them all for me was the one with the white strap (Max was wearing the same one with the orange/copper dial) - it has two chronographs but five pushers. A member here has one. Four of the pushers operate as you'd expect, two for each chrono, but the fifth is used to jump between chronos while they're running. It was designed by one of Max's guys who is from Belfast and isn't a watchmaker. Revolution have a pretty decent video of it below.

https://youtu.be/nJgCP5R7O0U

If you're at that level (I'm not and won't ever be) it's got to be a consideration or curiosity. Some are not much more than a PM SkyDweller, others are the price of an off catalogue Rolex. I'd rather have one of these than a diamond flooded Hublot or Jacob.

The current allocation for WoS is eight per year total. Makes getting a Patek or Rolex look quite easy.

Truly wonderful engineering, I will never own one but can appreciate the thought process that goes in to creating something like this.
    I have only ever seen one in the metal and it was totally bonkers. The MAD1 seems a total bargain for the work that has gone in to it.

Fabulous engineering and completely bonkers. Thanks OP

Doesn’t Paul (f1ptb) have one of those? I’m always admiring his instagram shots of his collection!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Doesn’t Paul (f1ptb) have one of those? I’m always admiring his instagram shots of his collection!
    Yes and I'm sure he was there last night. Recognised a watch and think it was him but I didn't want to walk up to the guy and say "hi, I think I follow you on Instagram" or "I think we spoke once on an internet forum". I would crawl up and die if those words came out of my mouth.

Brilliant, thanks for sharing. I'd not heard of the brand before, really nice to see something that pushes our expectations of time machines. HAGWE

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Master
    Looks like a super evening.

Max seems like a great guy and edgy WIS. I watched a great interview with him a while back, I think it was this one https://youtu.be/8-d_Xef25Hk

Thanks for sharing the pics.

Paul has one https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...-Grail-Arrival
    Last edited by ASW1; 29th July 2022 at 08:09.

Great post, Wiley.

As the attached thread shows, I had the opportunity to try on the Bulldog and have a closer look at some of their others stuff. Wonderful creations.

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Yes and I'm sure he was there last night. Recognised a watch and think it was him but I didn't want to walk up to the guy and say "hi, I think I follow you on Instagram" or "I think we spoke once on an internet forum". I would crawl up and die if those words came out of my mouth.
    Ha! You should have done - I'm pretty sure I've mentioned you to him in the past!

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I absolutely LOVE their clocks, but im afraid the watches do nothing for me.
    Rocket and cyclops are brilliant.