closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Westworld: Season 4 (2022)

Westworld: Season 4 (2022)

Anyone watching the fourth season? I'm recording the season (three episodes so far), but I only just watched the season 4 premiere.

For those who need a refresher (like me), GQ published a season by season synopsis that will get you current:

https://www.gq.com/story/westworld-season-4-explained

Yes, I'm watching it. The whole concept has obviously morphed quite a bit from the first couple of seasons, but S4 is building up momentum quite nicely and I'm enjoying it.

I thoroughly enjoyed season 1, it felt like something fresh and genuinely intriguing. Then season 2 came along, it all went a little too meta and I don't think I made it to the end. I barely knew season 3 existed but looking at the reviews it's a miracle season 4 got made.

All that sounds terribly negative but I think I'll start again from season 1, cheers for the heads up!

Master
    I gave up after season two.
    I keep meaning to give it another go but I keep forgetting.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytip View Post
    I gave up after season two.
    I keep meaning to give it another go but I keep forgetting.

You and me both just thought it disappeared up it’s ownwon’t bother
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Season 1 was as good as it gets: seasons 2&3 errr not so much…
    I have a feeling season 4 will be a proper course correction and will be (fingers crossed) back on top.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe.K View Post
    Season 1 was as good as it gets: seasons 2&3 errr not so much…
    I have a feeling season 4 will be a proper course correction and will be (fingers crossed) back on top.

I was convinced that season 1 would turn out to be ;

A: not on earth.
    B: in the far future after humanity had been made extinct by AI
    C: An experiment to create a fully sentient android and recreate humanity to repopulate the galaxy as the AI that had destroyed mankind in the first place had realised lack of sentience was an evolutionary dead end after thousands of years.
    D: Every character was an android including the guests.

Now its;

A: its Earth in the near future , its not actually too bad but a big bad AI is running it and dictating and pidgeon holing people's positions and ultimate potential ( it might be right)
    B: Androids in Westworld were exactly what they seemed ; basic pleasure models and play things .
    C : West world androids have become self aware partly due to the original designer's deliberate intent.
    D : Outside of the park no one is an android except the escaped androids
    E: the androids are involved in in fighting and rebellion against the AI empowering Jessie from Breaking Bad as a resistance leader

You know its okay but its not really delivered after the first season

I only started it this week…on S1 ep6 I think! I’m always behind, only just finished GoT!

I watched the first episode, but already forgot what it was about as I have a sheet of other shows I'm watching

Tomorrow I'll watch 2 & 3

Quote Originally Posted by DONGinsler View Post
    I watched the first episode, but already forgot what it was about as I have a sheet of other shows I'm watching

Tomorrow I'll watch 2 & 3
    I caught up (E2&3) last night. After I watch each one I run to Google for "meaning of Westworld S4 E3" or whatever. There are a lot of websites analyzing each WW episode and I always learn several things by reading the 'expert' comments.

Season 1 was brilliant but season 2 was a mess. I downloaded season 3 but never got around to watching it after the disappointment of season 2.

It's such a shame as it's a show with great potential. I'm interested to know whether it's worth giving it a second chance though.

Master
    Season 1 was excellent. That told the story for me. I watched the first half of episode 1 in season 2, but the 'meh' factor kicked in quickly and I turned it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Filterlab View Post
    Season 1 was excellent. That told the story for me. I watched the first half of episode 1 in season 2, but the 'meh' factor kicked in quickly and I turned it off.
    Exactly the same for me!

Master
    Yep, never seen a show crash as badly as this did in season 2. Most of it was Felix Leiter wandering around looking dazed.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Yep, never seen a show crash as badly as this did in season 2. Most of it was Felix Leiter wandering around looking dazed.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9S using TZ-UK mobile app
    It's no surprise that J J Abrams was involved, how he still gets employed on TV / Film projects I'll never understand. Star Wars the Rise of Skywalker was truly awful.

Well, I just finished watching the Season 4 Finale of Westworld. I thought it was a good, but not great season. However, I must say I am looking forward to a Series Finale Season 5, provided HBO decides to renew it one more time. The Season 4 Finale certainly primed the pump for another season, which the creators state would be the last season. Based on this finale, it appears that a Season Five might go full circle by starting back in Season 1's Westworld. Although the majority of regular characters were killed off in this finale, Westworld has a way of reincarnating characters at the drop of a hat!

It's a shame that Sky wont release this and most other stuff they air on Atlantic a year or so later to other channels.