closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Barcelona and Girona

Barcelona and Girona

The wife and I are visiting Barcelona and then Girona in a few weeks.
    As you're such a well travelled bunch, do you have any recommendations of places to visit?
    We're more tapas bars than Michelin restaurants but other than that, very flexible.

We're staying in the Gothic quarter when in Barcelona if that helps...

Cheers,
    Adam.

Cheers,

Adam.

Master
    Buy a bum bag for your money / wallet when in Barcelona. Pick pocket capital of Europe

Master
    I'm sure you'll get loads of Barca suggestions, here's a Girona one for you:

txalaka girona
    +34 972 22 59 75
    https://maps.app.goo.gl/TpgJsY9tzPZsq3Je6

https://cerveceriacatalana.com/

One of,if not the best tapas bar I’ve ever been to.
    A short walk from The Ramblas but we’ll worth it. It has a huge horseshoe shaped layout with tapas in the cabinets on both sides.
    Go as hungry as you can and make an occasion of it . You can easily wile away a few hours here.
    There was no booking when we went but I think you can now . It’s a massive locals favourite and you can see why.

When we went here, I was due to go to Camp Nou for the football . I don’t think there would have been too many complaints if we’d just missed the match and stayed here.

Blog Entries
    Do see the Gaudi stuff. Amazing architecture. https://www.barcelona-tourist-guide....ona-gaudi.html

Don’t wear a Rolex and keep your money safe. Terrible place for thievery.

Otherwise have fun!
    “ Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.” HHGTTG

Thanks folks, appreciated...

Cheers,

Adam.

Master
    Wherever you eat in the evening keep an eye on apps like open table. The locals eat late and there are often good deals to be had if you eat a bit earlier at say 7PM, 50% off was not unusual last time I went to Barcelona. Fantastic City, just ensure you don't wear a valuable watch and be mindful of pick pockets, especially around Las Ramblas.

Journeyman
    cafe Zurich at the top of the ramblas and Kava Kingdom at the bottom!

Craftsman
    Just looking to resurrect this thread. We are hoping to spend a few night here for our tenth anniversary in October.
    Can anyone recommend a hotel? Don’t want to spend a fortune but don’t want the place to be a total dive.

Slightly more moderate and merry than cheap and cheerful?!

Blog Entries
    We were there in August for 10 days - it's an excellent place to wander around and get lost.

We stayed in El Poblenou at the Ilunion Hotel. ( Google Maps link ) - there are lots of nice eateries nearby in El Poblenou.
    I walked pretty much everywhere - but the local mass transport is excellent if you prefer it.
    It's about 10 min walk to the beach / 30 min walk to the Gothic Quarter / 45 min to La Sagrada Familia.
    I took the metro to the Camp Nou - as that was too far to walk from El Poblenou, but the wife & kids used it extensively.
    Buy the book of tickets if you plan to use it a lot - works out very good value for Metro & bus.

As others have said - the Gaudi buildings are interesting, if you are into art & architecture.
    We were advised to pre-book for La Sagrada Familia - & if you do book add the towers - it would be a shame not to.
    You get to see details up close - and some great views ...

The tour of Casa Batlló is also worth a look...

On that day we ate at Mussol Aragó - just around the corner on C/ d'Aragó, 261,
    It was was great simple food, & great value ( especially considering the location )

Food at Santa Caterina Market ( Cuines de Santa Caterina ) was excellent too ( & also reasonably priced ).

There was a very popular Tapas bar there too, but we couldn't get a table the day we went.

Some interesting locals in the Gothic Quarter too...

HTH - Enjoy !

z
    Last edited by zelig; 11th September 2022 at 16:28.