closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Found a Breitling on the street, how can I get it back to its owner?

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.chef View Post
    What happens to the watch of no one claims it?
    Interesting question.
    It looks like that since 2019, other than certain items (such as firearms etc), the Police are no longer responsible for lost/found items (cost saving exercise I guess).
    The OP has taken reasonable steps to trace the owner so can keep it.
    That being said, whilst he can have the use of it, I'm not sure that he can destroy it or sell it as I was always of the opinion that, following the principle of stolen property, it will always be the property of the owner (looser). The reason I say that is he could bump into the looser who recognises it and says "Hey, that's my watch, give it back". I've no doubt that, providing the OP was satisfied that person was actually the owner, he would return it. However not everyone would and there must be some law to protect the owner.

Found this online. Not sure if true or not

If you find something, here’s what you should do:
    1) Firstly, you should hand it in to the venue or transport provider where you found it.
    2) Or, if you find something in a public place (and it’s not an item accepted by the police) then you must make a reasonable attempt to return it. This might involve: posting details on social media pages or putting up a notice in a local shop or business.
    If you have followed all of the above steps, the police have stated that you can then keep the property.

OP,

Kudos to you for your honesty.

I've no idea of your knowledge or experience of the Breitling model but if it were me who'd found it I'd be putting photos of it on here to gauge whether it's a genuine or fake item.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.