closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: If you could ask TF to homage any watch, what would it be and why?

Hybrid View

Dear Eddie - please make these, especially the one on the middle with the shortened lugs and larger crown:

Personally I'd be extra-happy if it was quartz, but prolly not commercially-expedient...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Dear Eddie - please make these, especially the one on the middle with the shortened lugs and larger crown:

Personally I'd be extra-happy if it was quartz, but prolly not commercially-expedient...
    Yes please for me, too. Provided it has a quick-set hour hand. I think there is a Seiko movement which allows this.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Yes please for me, too. Provided it has a quick-set hour hand. I think there is a Seiko movement which allows this.
    The new NH34?

There’s also a new Miyota GMT movement; I wonder if Eddie can get on the list for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Barchettaman View Post
    The new NH34?

There’s also a new Miyota GMT movement; I wonder if Eddie can get on the list for that?

Sellita SW330 - make it easier to keep the case size down to 40mm and slim. Shoves the price up mind, but Steinhart can ask Ł550 for similar and sells as many as they can make.

What do people think of a GMT/UTC watch with no date?

I omitted it in the pic for aesthetic reasons, but all probable movements are 'Office' GMT types, so the date seems unimportant to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Barchettaman View Post
    The new NH34?

He is already on the list.

Interesting new movement from Miyota
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nt-from-Miyota
    Costume jewellery. Ouch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    He is already on the list.

Interesting new movement from Miyota
    https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...nt-from-Miyota
    Not only on the list but the prototypes will be here this week.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Do you mean Everest Traveller, or Baby DN Voyager ?
    My guess is the former (he said, in hope).

Is it possible for the Traveller GMT to be ready already? I am ready to be amazed. I doubt it though.

What does prototypes mean? Prototypes of movements or prototypes of watches?

Master

Yep, lovely, but 42mm please, I'd take two out of those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    Yep, lovely, but 42mm please, I'd take two out of those three.

Not a bad call. I'd be happy with anything between 38mm and 44mm so long as the proportions remain the same, but I suspect for most people this issue will be MASSIVELY more divisive!

No matter, I suspect Eddie has a good many other fish to fry...

This. Unfortunately I might have to align a weekend to opening hours, but this is a cracker.
    "Bite my shiny metal ass."
    - Bender Bending Rodríguez

Apologies for regurgitating this inexpert hash-up, previously posted elsewhere:

Edit: Why? Because they're lovely, but I understand that it's hard to get spares for the originals...

Last edited by Cornholio; 7th December 2022 at 12:48. Reason: Missed a bit

Apprentice

I second that, no pun intended !

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Apologies for regurgitating this inexpert hash-up, previously posted elsewhere:

Edit: Why? Because they're lovely, but I understand that it's hard to get spares for the originals...

Master
    A late 1970's Heuer Leonidas easy- rider chronograph, out of plastic. Because I like the oval shape.
    Last edited by Toad monitor; 11th February 2023 at 15:38.

It’s really interesting that a lot of the requests (the majority?) are under the Smiths brand. Personally I can see why - I really like the brand and history. ‘Branding’ is always a personal thing by design - and I don’t find the other TZ brands ‘calling out’ to me like Smiths.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie

Apprentice
    Looks great. Beautifull watch(1944 heritage?). No ghost date is nice. I would skip the strap, the ‘Zulu’ hardware is too present.
    Hard to buy for me, it would be a popular watch and sold out in a minute. Too bad.

Master

Eddie
    It may be the render, but it looks more like sailcloth than canvas. The hardware also seems a little over powering, too 'Zulu.' But I like the idea and the colour choice. However the strap colour would match old radium lume quite nicely.

Old Radium lume would be nice on this watch, but I do appreciate timefactors making their Homage/Reissue watches look like 'New old stock' rather than 'aged heritage' a la the PRS-29/48, so would like to see Eddie forgo it here

Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    It may be the render, but it looks more like sailcloth than canvas. The hardware also seems a little over powering, too 'Zulu.' But I like the idea and the colour choice. However the strap colour would match old radium lume quite nicely.

Eddie
    This is amazing.
    Quick note, I know the SW216-1 has a date, will there be a ghost position? Or is it a modified movement? Is there any other reasonably priced movement with small seconds that don't feature a date?

Quick Edit: the eta-7001 was the movement I was thinking of, not sure whether that's achievable with the budget in mind or if there are other alternatives

Also not presuming that I know more than the man himself!
    Last edited by ToeBugShuffle; 14th February 2023 at 15:24.

Quote Originally Posted by ToeBugShuffle View Post
    This is amazing.
    Quick note, I know the SW216-1 has a date, will there be a ghost position? Or is it a modified movement? Is there any other reasonably priced movement with small seconds that don't feature a date?

Quick Edit: the eta-7001 was the movement I was thinking of, not sure whether that's achievable with the budget in mind or if there are other alternatives

Also not presuming that I know more than the man himself!
    Sellita has agreed to make it with no ghost date, which is why there's a long lead time.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    .......I don’t find the other TZ brands ‘calling out’ to me like Smiths.
    You are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    It’s really interesting that a lot of the requests (the majority?) are under the Smiths brand. Personally I can see why - I really like the brand and history. ‘Branding’ is always a personal thing by design - and I don’t find the other TZ brands ‘calling out’ to me like Smiths.
    I like some of the Precista models at least as much as the Smiths models, but can't stand the logo. It's not the brand name Precista, it's just the logo itself. Sounds petty I know, but it simply stops me wanting one.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    I like some of the Precista models at least as much as the Smiths models, but can't stand the logo. It's not the brand name Precista, it's just the logo itself. Sounds petty I know, but it simply stops me wanting one.

Interesting how we all see thing differently! I actually really like the Precista logo (as well as the watches).

Like most here, I also like the Smiths logo - the original 'SMITHS' logo appeals to me as they remind me of the instrument panel in my Dads old Jag but also the newer smaller font of the PRS range with the 'boobies' crown.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Interesting how we all see thing differently! I actually really like the Precista logo (as well as the watches).

Like most here, I also like the Smiths logo - the original 'SMITHS' logo appeals to me as they remind me of the instrument panel in my Dads old Jag but also the newer smaller font of the PRS range with the 'boobies' crown.
    Makes no sense I know, just one of those things. Smiths logo ace.