closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Brand New IWC faulty out of the box

Brand New IWC faulty out of the box

Ordered the Big Pilot 43mm from Bucherer, it arrived today but you can't change the time - when turning the crown it moves the hands maybe 1 hour or so but then it 'slips' and no longer catches the hands so no more turning. Unless this is a totally new movement I've never seen before I'd say this is an indicator that the watch is farked.

Annoyingly Bucherer online team doesn't work Saturday and from Monday after lunch I'm away for a week so they'd better get their skates on 1st thing Monday am and read my email, process an exchange and get it to me by noon (which I'd be gobsmacked if they even replied by then) else I'll be livid as the only reason the watch arrived today as opposed to earlier is they messed up the shipping in the 1st place. Watch was shipped without warranty card too.

The physical store in Selfridges was where the watch originated from but they didn't want to know saying it was on the online team to resolve. Not a great experience with Bucherer and this is the 8th watch I've had from them so would expect better.

Sorry to hear that Ryan - hope you get sorted quickly. You'd like to think they check the watch before shipping it but it sounds like they didn't, unless it was somehow damaged in transit. Very disappointing.

That means at least a couple of weeks delay before it ends up on SC.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think one of Scottish Watches presenters purchased something from Bucherer (PRS LE maybe) and said they don’t send warranty cards/papers as online sales can and often do get returned so filling them out and sending them produces extra headache, so they were likely a deliberate omission.

Master
    Ryan, the best advice I've ever been given for situations like this - and you know they happen to us all eventually - was by the Egyptian manager of a Mercedes concession. It involved a new car, of course, and I was jumping up and down like a scalded cat. He smiled and said quietly, "My dear, it is only mechanical."

Craftsman
    It maybe a stupid question, but have you tried turning the crown in both directions? IWC can be a bit odd like this - my Portugieser winds anti-clockwise.

Ryan, sorry to read your problem with the 43 and so far the service from Bucherer.
    Going on recent experience with contacting them, I wouldn't wait to get a response via email.
    When I emailed them, it was usually the very end of the day before I got a reply back!!!

However, while researching the Mark XX, I came across this video.
    Check out the fault, is it similar to yours?
    The Narrator, does go on a bit, but the fault shows up in the first minute or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhMo8hIe16o

Craftsman
    Sounds extremely frustrating, hope you get it sorted soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Ryan, sorry to read your problem with the 43 and so far the service from Bucherer.
    Going on recent experience with contacting them, I wouldn't wait to get a response via email.
    When I emailed them, it was usually the very end of the day before I got a reply back!!!

However, while researching the Mark XX, I came across this video.
    Check out the fault, is it similar to yours?
    The Narrator, does go on a bit, but the fault shows up in the first minute or so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhMo8hIe16o
    Cheers. That's not the fault - the hands don't even move after say moving it an hour. It's as if it doesn't grip the hands any more. I'll push for a straight replacement

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    ... Not a great experience with Bucherer and this is the 8th watch I've had from them so would expect better.
    I'm shocked by such poor treatment for a 7-time repeat customer.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    I'm shocked by such poor treatment for a 7-time repeat customer.
    Surely doesn’t matter how many times you’ve bought from them - either their customer service is such that they check all watches before shipping them or they don’t check any. Perhaps more an issue w/ IWC and their quality control?

or you've bought 7 watches without fault so cut them some slack for the 1 that has.

Did say Bucherer are hard work before Ryan…..but I hope you get it sorted but it’s not going to be easy knowing their dismal customer service

^ Whooosh…. Sarcasm

Frustrating. Hope it’s solved soon.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Try Jake at the online team
    Used him before and he was top. Mention Panayiotis
    Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    Try Jake at the online team
    Used him before and he was top. Mention Panayiotis
    Hope this helps

Yep Jake is who I'm dealing with and has been terrific. Faulty watch being picked up tmw, replacement shipped weds for Thurs delivery. I'm overseas until weds night and at an all day event Thurs so the timing works well (unlike the timing on the watch)

Hope it’s all resolved for you that’s the main thing and you can get on with enjoying your new watch

Quote Originally Posted by Pan16520 View Post
    Hope it’s all resolved for you that’s the main thing and you can get on with enjoying your new watch

Thanks a lot. Really looking forward to it

Thats good news Ryan.

What made you change your mind between the XX and 43?

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat30093 View Post
    Thats good news Ryan.

What made you change your mind between the XX and 43?
    When I tried on the BP43 it just resonated with me so much - it worked very well for me. The price I didn't like so much and got no discount so instead I stuck it on 5 years IFC so with current high inflation in my mind it's like a 30% discount!

Craftsman
    When I tried on the BP43 it just resonated with me so much - it worked very well for me. The price I didn't like so much and got no discount so instead I stuck it on 5 years IFC so with current high inflation in my mind it's like a 30% discount!
    Tempting.

Strong man maths there but also quite compelling

Master
    Yep Jake is who I'm dealing with and has been terrific. Faulty watch being picked up tmw, replacement shipped weds for Thurs delivery. I'm overseas until weds night and at an all day event Thurs so the timing works well (unlike the timing on the watch)
    Another thumbs up for Jake from me. Dealt with him when I brought my Oris Bucherer edition, he couldn’t have been more helpful.
    Glade it’s all worked out for you.

Craftsman
    price rises are crazy right now.