closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Strap choice for a Seiko Samurai

Master

Strap choice for a Seiko Samurai

Looking for some WISdom from fellow forum members. I have A Seiko Samurai. It is the second one I have owned, having sold one and immediately regretted it, but I am struggling to find a strap that really suits the watch. I don't like it on the stock bracelet as the combination is just too bling for my taste. I currently have it on a brown Hirsch Traveller which is OK , but somehow looks slightly dwarfed by the large square looking case. So, what suggestions do you have, and better still, if you own one, post pictures of your strap choice(s) and let's see what works and what doesn't.

Cheers

BoB

Craftsman

Re: Strap choice for a Seiko Samurai

On a maroon Maratac a long, long time ago :)

Cheers

Henrik

You didn't say what color the dial is. Here is my orange sammy on Eddie's DN strap.

Master

TF grey nato

bracelet

Journeyman

Used to have a Samurai which I sold not that long ago. I remember that it looks very nice on a Bond Nato which I bought from our good moderator here.

Good luck with your choice.

Regards,

George

2 ring zulu

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Georgey
    Used to have a Samurai which I sold not that long ago. I remember that it looks very nice on a Bond Nato which I bought from our good moderator here.

Good luck with your choice.

Regards,

George
    IŽd like to second that.

The Seiko rubber looks great to.

Kindly
    /john

For my taste the Samurai is too big and heavy for a Nato or Bond; that DN leather looks best if you really can't get on with the bracelet. A Toshi perhaps, or Di-Modell Jumbo?

Master

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring
    For my taste the Samurai is too big and heavy for a Nato or Bond; that DN leather looks best if you really can't get on with the bracelet. A Toshi perhaps, or Di-Modell Jumbo?
    Agree with the comments about the Nato/Bond. I love those straps but because of the lack of thickness, I don't think they look or feel good on a big watch. Sorry to all those who like that combo, just my opinion :D

Craftsman

I have got my tinanium one on a shark skin strap:

i too sold my sammy and miss it. its the only watch ive sold i miss. i had it on the steel bracelet, the only steel bracelet ive ever really got on with. having said that im a big fan of natos, try the bond or maybe a braided one from eddie. if not maybe you could try one of those braided para cord bands that ive seen for sale on here?
    Good luck everybody. Have a good one.

Master

Quote Originally Posted by kfman
    Looking for some WISdom from fellow forum members. I have A Seiko Samurai. It is the second one I have owned, having sold one and immediately regretted it, but I am struggling to find a strap that really suits the watch. I don't like it on the stock bracelet as the combination is just too bling for my taste. I currently have it on a brown Hirsch Traveller which is OK , but somehow looks slightly dwarfed by the large square looking case. So, what suggestions do you have, and better still, if you own one, post pictures of your strap choice(s) and let's see what works and what doesn't.

Cheers

BoB
    Apologies for the picture quality. Will try again in daylight, but I think this one works rather well, A hand made strap in an aged brown leather. Still getting used to the thickness of the strap but it actually feels very comfortable and can only improve as the leather becomes more supple. What do you think, hit or miss?

When I had a sammy I wore it with a Hirsch Liberty dark tan - I thought it was the dogs bollocks

Cracking watch