closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Parcel force delivered Item missing / stolen `

I do not agree.

This forum has a long history of charitable donations, which is one of the reasons I am proud to be a member. I however think that TZ campaigns should be for people suffering real hardships. An economic loss from a deal gone wrong may be a hardship for some, not for others. £800 is a lot of money, but anyone who spends this on a bag is hopefully in a position to survive the loss of the money (wouldn't be able to spend the money on life's necessities any longer even if the bag had been received). Will we also reimburse the loss of a watch for someone who owns dozens of Rolex/Pateks?

I would much rather see the full force of criminal and private proceedings applied than a gofundme. Otherwise we create the wrong incentives all around: Perpetrators are less likely to be subject to criminal proceedings if the damage is made whole by the collective, buyers are less likely to apply due diligence and check names if the can rely being reimbursed for losses and the money donated to make up for fraud is not available for charitable purposes.

The forum detectives have supplied the OP with Juice's address, now let's make he is hit with everything the law provides. This is fraud, plain and simple and needs to have legal consequences.

My 2p., others may not agree I know.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Master
    A fair point very well made. I cannot fault or pick holes with any of your statements. I also agree I would like this to go to the fullest prosecution extent possible.

Ain’t all these bags a wallets usually fake? I know my son has a couple

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    When travelling back from Thailand I do enjoy the rose gold panerai, LV bags etc at the departure gate, only to watch them grab the pink ‘George from Asda’ cases from the carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    When travelling back from Thailand I do enjoy the rose gold panerai, LV bags etc at the departure gate, only to watch them grab the pink ‘George from Asda’ cases from the carousel.
    Lol definitely a give away

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mj2k View Post
    Funny you say that. I saw a documentary about a factory in italy that makes cashmere sweaters for Armani, they also make them for George at Asda.

When on holiday I saw fake George at Asda. I did wonder how customs would treat it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Like Rolexes...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by joe narvey View Post
    I did wonder how customs would treat it.
    In the UK I doubt they'd care, if they even looked or noticed.

Of course, if you were bringing in 100 that might be different.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Cant believe he never paid! feel for the OP. We should do a TZ gofundme, all stick £5-£10 in and get him some money back!
    Lol
    Whilst Lenlec in no way deserves to lose £800 he is far from destitute and believe has bought a porsche 718 25th anniversary model(approx 80K) and a Porsche Macan GTS(approx 80K) model in the last 12 mts.
    I don't really think a whip round is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by NikGixer750 View Post
    Cant believe he never paid! feel for the OP. We should do a TZ gofundme, all stick £5-£10 in and get him some money back!
    We absolutely should not.
    Lenlec has everything that he needs to take Juice to the small claims court. He can even start the process online.
    This is a VERY simple case, lenlec has zero chance of losing.

It's up to lenlec to decide whether he wants to hop onto moneyclaim online and start proceedings, or just write the £800 off.

I do sympathise with lenlec, but I see no reason why the forum should reimburse Lenlec on Juice's behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    Lol
    Whilst Lenlec in no way deserves to lose £800 he is far from destitute and believe has bought a porsche 718 25th anniversary model(approx 80K) and a Porsche Macan GTS(approx 80K) model in the last 12 mts.
    I don't really think a whip round is necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeveal View Post
    We absolutely should not.
    Lenlec has everything that he needs to take Juice to the small claims court. He can even start the process online.
    This is a VERY simple case, lenlec has zero chance of losing.

It's up to lenlec to decide whether he wants to hop onto moneyclaim online and start proceedings, or just write the £800 off.

I do sympathise with lenlec, but I see no reason why the forum should reimburse Lenlec on Juice's behalf.
    Fully agree.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...=1#post6077057

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    I agree as well guys. Thanks for all the help and advice. That’s enough for me
    Cheers. Andy

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    I wonder…… JonJuice, Swansea???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165698017...mis&media=COPY

Negative feedback for that e-bay transaction with the comment 'Item was a counterfeit LV wallet'.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Z1R View Post
    Negative feedback for that e-bay transaction with the comment 'Item was a counterfeit LV wallet'.
    Oh my, the plot thickens.

Oh my, the plot thickens.
    It's not a huge surprise TBH.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Is there an update? If not I think the only conclusion can be juice is an absolute rip off merchant. I initially thought it would be made right but there’s been enough time.

Not sure how likely it is but given the long silence on the forum and gap in eBay activity, his accounts could have been hacked. Probably not but people do steal accounts and do this sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    Not sure how likely it is but given the long silence on the forum and gap in eBay activity, his accounts could have been hacked. Probably not but people do steal accounts and do this sort of thing.
    It happens, yes, but to hack both an eBay account and scam someone with a fake LV wallet, then also hack a random watch forum account and scam someone for a non delivered LV bag, when the photo data shows it was taken on his home town? Then sob story begging just giving account for his daughters back operation, with another sob story asking for money to sue his employer for discrimination over his issues following his back operation that happened the same year as his daughters? My money is on him being a serial wrongun

Quote Originally Posted by hansblix2001 View Post
    He's conned someone with another Louis Vuitton item. I think theres more chance of a lottery win than someone hacking his ebay and selling the exact same brand he used to con someone here...taking the photos on the same carpet. At this stage, any "benefit of the doubt" has to stop!

Craftsman
    It was my feedback on the Louis Vuitton wallet, an obvious fake and completely the wrong dimensions.

Returned for a refund and although thankfully I got the money back from eBay, it apparently got lost on the way back but was showing as delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrsammyp View Post
    It was my feedback on the Louis Vuitton wallet, an obvious fake and completely the wrong dimensions.

Returned for a refund and although thankfully I got the money back from eBay, it apparently got lost on the way back but was showing as delivered.

Wow a sure scammer then.

Master
    Maybe the bag was a fake too

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Maybe the bag was a fake too
    Highly likely
    He was not the most prolific poster the account was likely set up with the sole intention of ripping someone off

You bought the wallet in and amongst this thread going on?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    You bought the wallet in and amongst this thread going on?
    EBay ID aligns with what I have for mrsammyp.

EBay ID aligns with what I have for mrsammyp.

Why do you know mrsammyp's eBay ID?

Assuming this was with full knowledge of Lenloc's experience, then well played sir. I hope the return parcel used wallpaper and slightly lighter than expected on arrival

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Raffe knows everything

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    Highly likely
    He was not the most prolific poster the account was likely set up with the sole intention of ripping someone off
    Possibly, but why only sell 1 mid price item. He could have sold 2 or 3 Rolex’s? Something doesn’t add up yet

This has stumped me....how come someone randomly buys something from his eBay and they also happen to be a TZ member here?!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    This has stumped me....how come someone randomly buys something from his eBay and they also happen to be a TZ member here?!
    I'm assuming he bought it in full knowledge the eBay seller was the seller of the LV bag on this thread - test the waters.

Raffe knows everything

This.

Master
    Blog Entries
    In the same way he has potentially supplied a personal address (sensitive data) to a member who was also allegedly wronged by another member.

I think the question you are asking is; “how much data does he hold and has used from this forum, data that is probably personal info on members.” Is there a potential breach of GDPR??

When it’s provided after clamour from many for details of a believed wrong ‘un, it is understandably seen and believed magnanimous when used to help wronged members, but are we as members comfortable at a fellow member accessing, retaining and using such personal data on us? He’s always on the front foot offering IP addresses and, on occasion, personal addresses which may be available from open source but the aggregation of this is straying into incorrect use, possibly unlawful.

I assume the forum owners are aware of the collection of the data?

Jim
    Last edited by Jimmcb; 15th October 2022 at 04:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmcb View Post
    In the sane way he has potentially supplied a personal address (sensitive data) to a member who was also allegedly wronged by another member.

I think the question you are asking is; “how much data does he hold and has used from this forum, data that is probably personal info on members.” Is there a potential breach of GDPR??

When it’s provided after clamour from many for details of a believed wrong ‘un, it is understandably seen and believed magnanimous when used to help wronged members, but are we as members comfortable at a fellow member accessing, retaining and using such personal data on us? He’s always on the front foot offering IP addresses and, on occasion, personal addresses which may be available from open source but the aggregation of this is straying into incorrect use, possibly unlawful.

I assume the forum owners are aware of the collection of the data?

Jim
    Oh boy.

Tell me you know nothing about GDPR without saying you know nothing about GDPR.

It's the internet. You put your name out there and it will be there forever. Understand?

Here, look up your own and my IP address: https://forum.tz-uk.com/online.php?s...rs&ua=1&pp=500

Blog Entries
    Because he has IMO mental issues and trolls this forum and other forums for some reason known only to his warped mind. Many here think he is Mr good guy i think he is Mr warped.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Master
    Blog Entries
    Oh boy.

It's the internet. You put your name out there and it will be there forever. Understand?

Here, look up your own and my IP address: https://forum.tz-uk.com/online.php?s...rs&ua=1&pp=500
    Follow your own advice Raffe, please, or you could bring this forum down.

You’ve strayed beyond simple internet research. The accessing, retention and use of data is jealously guarded. Aggregating what is available and presenting it to another as a package for what is understandably believed by many as good purpose, is still wrong, possibly unlawful. The information commissioners would make their case accordingly. Can you really not see that or do you not understand GDPR and DPA regs? Please, stop the ‘good’ you think you’re doing for us.

Jim

Oh boy.

You been looking at my arse again whilst I was in the shower.

Dirty boy…

Craftsman

You’ve strayed beyond simple internet research. The accessing, retention and use of data is jealously guarded. Aggregating what is available and presenting it to another as a package for what is understandably believed by many as good purpose, is still wrong, possibly unlawful. The information commissioners would make their case accordingly. Can you really not see that or do you not understand GDPR and DPA regs? Please, stop the ‘good’ you think you’re doing for us.

Jim
    GDPR does not apply to private individuals.

https://gdpr-info.eu/art-2-gdpr/

Art. 2 GDPR Material scope
    2. This Regulation does not apply to the processing of personal data:
    C) by a natural person in the course of a purely personal or household activity;

Jim
    Just stop.

Jim
    Any information about the person in question has been gleaned from websites already available to everybody on the internet. From what I can see at no point has any one asked their mate to run his name through GCHQ or the police computers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You been looking at my arse again whilst I was in the shower.

Dirty boy…
    Wrong turn when looking for Wallasey Tunnel?

Although his Google-fu skills are excellent, I don’t believe Raffe has ever mentioned or suggested he collects and stores data.

Master
    Blog Entries
    The accessing, retention and use of data is jealously guarded.

Jim
    Jim, I understand some people are uncomfortable with the open-source nature of the internet, in which case you might also want to consider living ‘off grid’, because all of your/our information is but a few clicks away… And you are wrong to even intimate that Raffe may have acted illegally.
    You may not be happy and you may try to jealously guard your personal information, but that is open to you actively taking steps to protect your own information by never disclosing it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    Jim, I understand some people are uncomfortable with the open-source nature of the internet, in which case you might also want to consider living ‘off grid’, because all of your/our information is but a few clicks away… And you are wrong to even intimate that Raffe may have acted illegally.
    You may not be happy and you may try to jealously guard your personal information, but that is open to you actively taking steps to protect your own information by never disclosing it in the first place?
    To complicated to understand, apparently. Rather cry murder.

The reason I asked about mrsammyp and his eBay ID was that Raffe usually only has these details if the subject is a wrong 'un.

I'm still confused about what's happened here with the LV wallet? Was it a sting or a genuine coincidental purchase?

Which leads me back to the original question, why does Raffe know mrsammyp's eBay ID?

Not suggesting Sammy is a wrong one.

The retention of data
    Edited to highlight the most concerning element. How he obviously stores info after collection for future use. A hard drive Jeffrey Dahmer would be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by mart broad View Post
    Because he has IMO mental issues and trolls this forum and other forums for some reason known only to his warped mind. Many here think he is Mr good guy i think he is Mr warped.
    Perhaps he's both. Like Batman.

I'm still confused about what's happened here with the LV wallet? Was it a sting or a genuine coincidental purchase?
    This is still what I'd like to know! I can't believe the probabilities that it was a random eBay purchase and the buyer just happens to also be a TZ member!

Quote Originally Posted by MacDeath View Post
    Edited to highlight the most concerning element. How he obviously stores info after collection for future use. A hard drive Jeffrey Dahmer would be proud of.
    If you want your data private, maybe an idea not to plaster it all over the internet?

Whatever you post on the forum, stays on the forum unless you go back and delete it and anyone can go and look it up. The fact that I am one of the few who sometimes searches for relevant posts, doesn't change the fact that it has been voluntarily put into the public domain by the original poster.

Not sure why this is so difficult to grasp for some.