closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 352 of 421 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,600 of 21018

Thread: The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post
    If ever I needed a light tent it is now to try and capture just how lovely it is
    Congrats on the incoming, but if ever there was a visual aide to understand the old phrase 'beauty is in the eye of the beholder', that's it, right there.

Thanks and fair enough I get that some find the Chronos 'challenging' and it is only a watch, so feel free to shoot holes. I will love it all the same.

My SBGC247 has finally arrived after two failed purchase attempts and endless befuddling by FedEx. Adjusting the Titanium bracelet was simple enough, I much prefer the pins GS use on their Titanium bracelets to the tiny screws on their SS models. The watch is stunning and everything I hoped it would be, certainly a case of pics not really conveying how great it is in person. If ever I needed a light tent it is now to try and capture just how lovely it is.

SGBC247 by Simon Gee, on Flickr
    Congrats - has been hard fought for by you!

Is it Ti?
    Bracelet looks same as my Hi-Beat GS Diver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What app is this please, I think I need to DL and have a play with it?
    I was thinking of the same..
    Every watch a story.

It's a year or more since I spent over a grand on a wrist bauble, especially when bargains like this are available, not a bracelet fan so a simple black nato...
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by notenoughwrists View Post
    Congrats - has been hard fought for by you!

Is it Ti?
    Bracelet looks same as my Hi-Beat GS Diver

Thanks and yep the bracelet is TI, it seems identical to that on the SBGA031 but without the bulky micro adjust clasp. The cooler Titanium contrasts nicely with the white dial and highly polished markers and hands.

Good for you for going for it mondie. Head vs heart and heart came out on top.

Won't be for many, isn't for me, and there are for more sensible options for the same money but it would be a boring place if all we had on here were Subs and Seamasters.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    It's a year or more since I spent over a grand on a wrist bauble, especially when bargains like this are available, not a bracelet fan so a simple black nato...
    Fantastic. Absolutely bargain for that quality.

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Good for you for going for it mondie. Head vs heart and heart came out on top.

Won't be for many, isn't for me, and there are for more sensible options for the same money but it would be a boring place if all we had on here were Subs and Seamasters.
    Cheers Wiley, it's all part of the madness. I am usually pretty conventional with my watch taste but we all have to go off on one occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    This is such a great watch. I have the dark Everest text variant but am thinking about trying this newer model when they are back in stock next year. My current one is scuffed and scratched, and I would enjoy the highlighted text and rivetless bracelet with button clasp. How are you liking yours?

The Incoming / New Arrival Thread

This arrived today . It’s not as big as I thought it would be . Build quality is great
    Last edited by eagletower; 11th October 2022 at 21:47.

It's a great watch and the best variant IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by williemays View Post
    This is such a great watch. I have the dark Everest text variant but am thinking about trying this newer model when they are back in stock next year. My current one is scuffed and scratched, and I would enjoy the highlighted text and rivetless bracelet with button clasp. How are you liking yours?

What app is this please, I think I need to DL and have a play with it?
    watch accuracy meter

Last edited by seikomatic; 12th October 2022 at 03:51.

Thank yoou Seikomatic, and cool watch you have there.

Trying out Elliot Brown - here’s the Tyneham received today, out in the rain.
    Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_tzuk View Post
    That’s gorgeous!
    This is lovely!! Congrats!

Not really a chrono guy anymore but had to try this one, absolutely love the oddball.

New work watch arrived yesterday.

My SBGC247 has finally arrived ...

I love the hands and dial layout and components. They have packed a great amount of information there, and it's actually really well balanced and symmetrical. Those pushers are another matter entirely .... ;)

Quote Originally Posted by leo1790 View Post
    New work watch arrived yesterday.
    With the new U version the 5610 is probably the best value, best featured G-Shock around. I still prefer the GW-5000 but the 5610 is a great choice.

Master
    Wanted one of these for a long time - slate dial Tudor Black Bay Bronze.

Came on green Tudor woven strap, which though I'm not really a NATO fan is nice for a fabric strap, but I also squeezed on an old olive Panerai strap I had in the box, nice on that too. (Even found a bronze buckle in the box). Need to get the proper Tudor strap and buckle for it though, my intention is to wear it on leather.

Perfect size at 43mm, useful 52mm lug to lug gives it a bit of wrist presence, decent amount of heft without being overbearing. I had planned to strip back the patina and start again, but other than a bit of blotching between the lugs where it's been on fabric, the patina, about three years' worth according to the papers, is remarkably even. Reminds me of the colour of a very old, very beautiful bronze Budda I had in my hippy days 30 odd years ago, which was purloined by a mental ex-GF (though worth the loss to be shot of her) - not quite there yet in terms of colour depth, but definitely getting here.

This is a really lovely thing. I've had a few bronze watches now including a cool looking Archimede flieger and an Eterna Kontiki Manufacture diver, but this is by far the nicest I've owned. When funds recover I'll be stalking a bronze Zenith Chronometro Tipo CP2 Flyback to sit alongside ...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post

Came on green Tudor woven strap, which though I'm not really a NATO fan is nice for a fabric strap, but I also squeezed on an old olive Panerai strap I had in the box, nice on that too. (Even found a bronze buckle in the box). Need to get the proper Tudor strap and buckle for it though, my intention is to wear it on leather.

Perfect size at 43mm, useful 52mm lug to lug gives it a bit of wrist presence, decent amount of heft without being overbearing. I had planned to strip back the patina and start again, but other than a bit of blotching between the lugs where it's been on fabric, the patina, about three years' worth according to the papers, is remarkably even. Reminds me of the colour of a very old, very beautiful bronze Budda I had in my hippy days 30 odd years ago, which was purloined by a mental ex-GF (though worth the loss to be shot of her) - not quite there yet in terms of colour depth, but definitely getting here.

This is a really lovely thing. I've had a few bronze watches now including a cool looking Archimede flieger and an Eterna Kontiki Manufacture diver, but this is by far the nicest I've owned. When funds recover I'll be stalking a bronze Zenith Chronometro Tipo CP2 Flyback to sit alongside ...

Bronze looking good

Craftsman

Try it on the brown tudor strap looks great
    Regret selling minr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Watchmanuk4 View Post
    Bronze looking good
    You should try the Only Three Words thread.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by scooby View Post

Try it on the brown tudor strap looks great
    Regret selling minr

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's on a Rubber B now, it's very comfortable. One of my favourite watches.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noidea View Post
    It's on a Rubber B now, it's very comfortable. One of my favourite watches.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Hmm brown does look good.

I was on the Rubber B site tonight they have a green one which looks pretty cool too.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kk View Post

Love the slate dialled one - having had the original I know how nice they are. Mines very much missed, but the bronze Zenith CP2 I now own goes a long way to dampen the regret! Heres some strap options for you to consider.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Love the slate dialled one - having had the original I know how nice they are. Mines very much missed, but the bronze Zenith CP2 I now own goes a long way to dampen the regret! Heres some strap options for you to consider.

Awesome thanks, some nice ideas there. What's the strap on the right in the above?
    Last edited by kk; 14th October 2022 at 14:58.

Freshly built this morning. Wanted to try a MOP dial for a while.

Thanks and yep the bracelet is TI, it seems identical to that on the SBGA031 but without the bulky micro adjust clasp. The cooler Titanium contrasts nicely with the white dial and highly polished markers and hands.
    Wonder if I could get one of those clasps for my Diver. It is indeed bulky as is, and annoys me!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Awesome. My blue one sez hi ...

New incoming, unfortunately not for me but a Christmas gift for my dad.

In town getting both flu & covid booster, quick window shop past Ernst Jones, saw these on display for 30% RRP (Seiko London have offered me the same offer from a few years ago regarding a failed service - but they never have this watch in stock).

& here it is with is 38yr old sibling. Vintage one originally my dads then passed down to me.

I must say the modern one wears well, start is super soft also.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    Nice one Ryan. The dial on those are top notch

Lovely arrival from Steveo today:

I just ordered the new Timex Q Chronograph...and separately, a steel mesh band to match.

https://images.timex.com/video/uploa...W2V42800_H.mp4

Master
    I like that Timex chrono, looks v nice!

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I just ordered the new Timex Q Chronograph...and separately, a steel mesh band to match.

That’s a nice looking watch! I hadn’t spotted the release.

That Timex looks great and a very reasonable price too.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    new to me via SC, always liked the look of these and v impressed with it so far;

never thought I would end up with 2 top notch divers to choose from :) I thought I was all done after buying the GO. But I was reading reviews and old posts on the Fifty Fathoms when I noticed this one on SC so I thought I would try it. Both on the chunky side but comfy on the straps and rubber :)

Moonswatch

Sent from my LE2113 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post

Rather nice and a good choice.

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=bry nylon;6085055]new to me via SC, always liked the look of these and v impressed with it so far;

never thought I would end up with 2 top notch divers to choose from :) I thought I was all done after buying the GO. But I was reading reviews and old posts on the Fifty Fathoms when I noticed this one on SC so I thought I would try it. Both on the chunky side but comfy on the straps and rubber :)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Congratulations, the Fifty Fathoms has been my grail for quite a while and I got mine just over a week ago. It is a beautiful watch, incredible dial and so well made. Enjoy it in good health.

Love that Blancpain

Love that Blancpain
    I think that was my old watch if I’m not mistaken. I bought it new without the bracelet and sold it to Tim. If it came from an Italian AD that’s the fella. The other clue would be the two hex screwdrivers which I bought, unless those haven’t been passed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I think that was my old watch if I’m not mistaken. I bought it new without the bracelet and sold it to Tim. If it came from an Italian AD that’s the fella. The other clue would be the two hex screwdrivers which I bought, unless those haven’t been passed on.
    One day I'll try one on in an AD but I'm not keen on Richemont if I can help it. I've gone into the Blancpain section three times over for the months and twice there wasn't any staff and once it was someone doing their admin on a laptop so I didn't bother.

One day I'll try one on in an AD but I'm not keen on Richemont if I can help it. I've gone into the Blancpain section three times over for the months and twice there wasn't any staff and once it was someone doing their admin on a laptop so I didn't bother.

Buy one off the forum? I did - a 'standard' FF with bracelet and sailcloth strap.

The are stunning watches, but my own perception is that they are not as 'robust' as a similarly-priced Sub/Seadweller.

Overall - a pristine S/H one is a superb watch.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    yes - Italian dealer on the card so must be your old one :) still on the forum & in excellent condition.. Loving the stealthy titanium look but TBF I really liked the blue guilloche version you had as well..
    no screwdrivers but ordered 2 x Wera's from Ebay that arrived quickly and it was easy to change over, like you said in your review, a lot easier than GS screws :)

cheers,
    bry

Craftsman
    Yep, I bought from Tim but never got any wrist time and I managed to get a NoRad and SD43 so wouldn’t have improved - don’t think I had the screwdrivers, but wouldn’t have near it…took it to my AD to add a couple of links and even the front shop staff were freaked out and gave it to the watch servicing team to do!

Enjoy in good health Bry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Buy one off the forum? I did - a 'standard' FF with bracelet and sailcloth strap.

The are stunning watches, but my own perception is that they are not as 'robust' as a similarly-priced Sub/Seadweller.

Overall - a pristine S/H one is a superb watch.
    I think one through the forum would be my choice. There was a glut of brand new Blancpains inc gold models at Subdial a little while ago which I can only imagine were the remains of some package deals so I definitely wouldn't be buying brand new.

Only things which put me off at the huge Blancpain engraving on the side of the case, no adjustment on bracelet and Richemont. Definitely on the radar but will see how the next few years go. Need to get through my R "wish list" first.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Only things which put me off at the huge Blancpain engraving on the side of the case, no adjustment on bracelet and Richemont. Definitely on the radar but will see how the next few years go. Need to get through my R "wish list" first.
    Blancpain arent Richemont!
    They're Swatch Group.
    Service through bond st has been spot on for me every time.