Quote Originally Posted by M4tt
Moving on a tiny bit, Klytorus, while agreeing with me about the quality of the picture, has suggested intriguingly that the bezel is golden:

it is a very good painting with a lot of detail (the shadow on the veins, for example) which is why it can't be an explorer because of the gold (?) bezel, imo
while this is so very Rolex, I have a counter suggestion. While my colour vision is, frankly, a bit crap, I agree that some of the bezel appears golden.

However, it is worth noting that Mr Fleming is sporting a tan that wouldn't shame a Saturday night TV entertainer. I think that it is a possibility that the artist is merely trying to capture the reflected orangey glory of Ian Fleming's tan. Like this:

notice how the bezel is reflecting the pink?

Convincing idea?
I don't think the light could reflect like this, there will always be an alternation of light and shadow on a smooth polished surface. None of the photos you previously took show this kind of reflection on the entire bezel, besides, the tan reflection will be prevented by the lugs, bracelet and by the fact that the watch sits higher on the wrist. Should something reflect, then it will rather be the light from the bracelet. The Klytorus has spoken. :lol: :lol: