closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Pelagos 39 Blue

Craftsman

Tudor Pelagos 39 Blue

Hi guys,

I've never really looked into Tudor much, but really like the new pelagos 39, I've been wating for a sensible sized blue dive watch for ages and doesn't look like omega will be releasing one anytime soon.

I have read online that Tudor will most certainly release a blue dial pelagos 39. Not knowing much about the Tudor brand I was wondering how long this is likely to take? Do they tend to release watches once per year or is there a chance a blue dialed version could be imminent?

Cheers guys.

Time between the black and blue BB58’s was two years. Suspect it will be a similar timeframe for the introduction of the blue 39mm Pelagos personally.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Time between the black and blue BB58’s was two years. Suspect it will be a similar timeframe for the introduction of the blue 39mm Pelagos personally.
    Yea sounds about right, plus another year to actually be able to buy one, so you may have a bit of a wait ahead OP!

I think they're at Watches and Wonders next year - could be released then maybe...

If I had to guess I’d say 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I’m thinking in the day that we will see the Pelagos green!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by smalltime View Post
    Hi guys,

I've never really looked into Tudor much, but really like the new pelagos 39, I've been wating for a sensible sized blue dive watch for ages and doesn't look like omega will be releasing one anytime soon.

Apologies if I'm missing something here

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...21530402003001

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovial Joe View Post
    Apologies if I'm missing something here

https://www.omegawatches.com/watch-o...21530402003001
    Missing quite a bit there I think !

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Missing quite a bit there I think !
    I'm guessing that the OP's reference to "sensibly sized" excludes the PO because it's 14.2mm thick. Otherwise it should fit the brief apart from it costing £2.6k more.
    Personally, I would like to see a blue 39 Pelagos though.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the replies chaps... yes I'm looking for a slimmer case than the PO, maybe omega will release a midsized seamaster before the pelagos 39 blue.....

Unlikely IMO. They might shrink the SMP by 1 or 1.5mm but a midsize seems improbable to me.

Also, I’d just get a BB58 in blue.

Craftsman
    I have no doubt that a blue version will be released before too long. I recently tried the 39 on my wrist an its so much smaller and easier to wear than the original albeit it felt much more like a dress watch having been stripped of its dive watch heritage. I think I still prefer the original despite its size as in my opinion its a proper tool watch.

Master
    Having tried the Pelagos 39 I think it is awesome…but, as suggested above so is the BB58 blue! Why not get one and trade for a blue 39 if and when?

Craftsman
    The BB58 does look nice although not to keen on the bracelet and think I would prefer crown guards too.

Master
    Just out of interest, how does the Pelagos 39 wear in comparison to the BB58?
    The reason I ask is that I really wanted to love the BB58, but I found it just a touch too small when I tried it on, and was wondering if the Pelagos would be the same (I ended up with a full size Pelagos).

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
    Just out of interest, how does the Pelagos 39 wear in comparison to the BB58?
    The reason I ask is that I really wanted to love the BB58, but I found it just a touch too small when I tried it on, and was wondering if the Pelagos would be the same (I ended up with a full size Pelagos).
    For me the Pelagos 39 wears slightly bigger due to the bezel. I thought the BB58 was too small until I wore it for a few hours.

That's interesting! I felt it was the other way around! For me, whilst they're pretty much the same in terms of specs, the Pelagos 39 looks slightly smaller on the wrist than the BB58. I think it's probably to do with bezel width and the 21mm lug width on the Pelagos. It's a small difference but to my eye, the bracelet looks slightly too wide for the case and makes the whole watch feel very compact.

Master
    I guess it's all about individual perception, how it feels/looks on your wrist. At some point I will make a bit of an effort and see if I can try one on because I do like the idea of a no date Pelagos, and it would be nice to have the option of the blue. I know there is the FXD but I prefer a bracelet.

I wear a BB58 daily on a 9.5 inch wrist. It’s all about perception imho. I’ve owned 44mm Panerai in the past and they don’t look that big on me - but as a daily wearer the BB58 is perfect - highly legible, slim and comfy like an original Rolex sub. I tried on an original pelagos blue when I bought the BB58, and whilst I liked it I bought the 58 because the pelagos reminded me of the Sinn U1 - a bit too matt and toolish for a daily wearer (from experience). If I was buying a pelagos now id still opt for the original chunky version as it looks like a proper tool diver as opposed to a daily GADA watch imho. Possibly that’s because I have the option with gorilla wrists, but I certainly don’t find the BB58 small. It’s kind of period correct for that type of retro diver imho, whereas the pelagos looks better in a larger more modern case. I haven’t seen a pelagos 39 in the metal so I may be wrong of course!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I wear a BB58 daily on a 9.5 inch wrist. It’s all about perception imho. I’ve owned 44mm Panerai in the past and they don’t look that big on me - but as a daily wearer the BB58 is perfect - highly legible, slim and comfy like an original Rolex sub. I tried on an original pelagos blue when I bought the BB58, and whilst I liked it I bought the 58 because the pelagos reminded me of the Sinn U1 - a bit too matt and toolish for a daily wearer (from experience). If I was buying a pelagos now id still opt for the original chunky version as it looks like a proper tool diver as opposed to a daily GADA watch imho. Possibly that’s because I have the option with gorilla wrists, but I certainly don’t find the BB58 small. It’s kind of period correct for that type of retro diver imho, whereas the pelagos looks better in a larger more modern case. I haven’t seen a pelagos 39 in the metal so I may be wrong of course!

You've put up a pic of this before but it only had about 12 pixels so was hard to see properly.

I'm about 7.5 inches and in two different stores the salespeople in the store said the BB58 was too small for me and to consider a BB41 instead.

Could be a bit Shallow Hal for you but in reverse.

Master
    A few years ago I bought a 39mm Longines HC because I thought the 41mm was too chunky. Since then a 42mm Steinhart Ocean one and the full fat Pelagos have sneaked into the watch box joining the Speedy Pro which would suggest I've migrated to slightly larger watches. Since the HC has returned from a battery change, I find it just too small and I'm working up to letting it go. From memory, the BB58 seemed to wear similarly to the HC, which was why I ruled it out.
    I have a 116610 and if the Pelagos 39 wears like that, I may become a convert, but really need to try one on.

I reckon it’s fine

Tudor Pelagos 39 Blue

Vs gwf 1000 for comparison - different watches for different things. Mind you I wore a suit today and the 58 still wouldn’t slide under my shirt cuff! Time for a trip to the tailor!

Last edited by RobDad; 3rd November 2022 at 21:58.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

I reckon it’s fine

You're right, looks fine. A big chunk of your wrist must be case to clasp rather than actual width. Proves you have to try stuff on rather than dismiss based off measurements.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I'm about 7.5 inches and in two different stores the salespeople in the store said the BB58 was too small for me and to consider a BB41 instead.

Probably cause they can’t shift the BB41 :D