closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Singapore

Craftsman

Singapore

I am just back from Singapore . For a watch fan it’s the place to be , every mall has what looks like a pop up watch stall . Shops that sell pre owned luxury handbags have choice Rolex on the shelves too . Go to the Far East Plaza bang in the shopping centre and there are small shops with £1,000,000 stock with seemingly no security . It struck me that Rolex is now like Bit Coin , an alternative currency , every shop has every type of model used and new .
    Daytonas , well there are dozens . Patek Philippe no shortage ,
    though a distant second . The shops have web sites but I noticed that the best deals were not on them for example Zenith and similar brands .
    Singapore is an amazing place , it’s a drawback that the climate is oppressive ..

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Interesting, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    Shops that sell pre owned luxury handbags have choice Rolex on the shelves too
    Presumably at the now customary high grey/second hand prices we have come to expect? :-)

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitz View Post
    ...there are small shops with £1,000,000 stock with seemingly no security.
    Singapore is one of the safest cities in the world. Walking around with a high-end watch just isn't a concern.
    It's an awesome place to be, although a little bit too clinical for my liking, and, like you pointed out, oppressive.
    Still, great for a week or so, watch spotting!
    Last edited by mutanthands; 1st November 2022 at 12:44.

Master
    One of my favourite destinations… and I don’t mind the climate which is a bonus.
    Peoples Park Complex is always worth a visit to see what Seikos Skywatches have kicking around.

I always enjoy browsing the watches in Singapore as they always have a lot of models on display but availability is the same as U.K.
    there used to be some good bargains when I first started going in the second hand retailers but not so much these days.
    The Rolex boutique in MBS was always entertaining, they used to have so many of the jewelled sports models you don’t even see in the catalogues. I still remember the guy in the Patek boutique ripping the plastic of a 5164r aquanaut for me to try.
    The only issues I’ve had wearing a watch out there have been leather straps on my nautilus getting a soaking in a downpour!

Do they have any stock to buy?

The watch shops in HK have all the models on display to try on but none to actually buy.

Super frustrating as it's just a tease with a long wait list and literally no chance to buy.

Craftsman
    Jack , the shops are not authorised dealers . All models are available I did not take too much notice of Rolex prices but the shear number of watches would I think make prices competitive .

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app