closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 281 of 364 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331 ... LastLast
Results 14,001 to 14,050 of 18159

Thread: More bike related stuff

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Talking of Guzzi's, I'm really loving the look and reviews of the V100 Mandello
    Me too. It's tempting for 2023, without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyp View Post
    Talking of Guzzi's, I'm really loving the look and reviews of the V100 Mandello
    Quote Originally Posted by downer View Post
    Me too. It's tempting for 2023, without a doubt.
    I was looking at that the other day (and like the S version a lot). It's actually what I was after when I bought the Harley, in terms of being a kind of cross between a cruiser and a tourer.

Lovely thing, and if I still had the Tiger it would probably have been my next bike.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manganr View Post
    Sun is shining and a two hour ride home. Serious grin on my face now. What a superb bike!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Great bike

Prompted by the fact that the new M1000R with 210bhp has lower gearing than my S1000R I changed the front sprocket yesterday down 1 to 16 teeth, but other commitments this weekend have meant I haven’t tried it out yet.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman

Looks great, ive just purchased a 790 duke and can’t wait.

Sun is shining and a two hour ride home. Serious grin on my face now. What a superb bike!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
    Looking good.

I’d love a Super Duke, but they are much too tall for me.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Well chaps, an early finish today meant I had the afternoon to try again. I tried a couple of other tips but just couldn’t get it loose.

Out of desperation before I did £200 on an impact wrench, I thought I’d try my impact driver.

A few adapters and the half inch 36mm socket is attached. It only worked!!

It makes a real difference and I’m very glad I persevered.
    Well done getting that primary sprocket nut off!
    Real care needs taking when using impact guns on transmissions.
    2000+ blows per minute hammering doesn't do bearings, bearing shafts or teeth much good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    Well done getting that primary sprocket nut off!
    Real care needs taking when using impact guns on transmissions.
    2000+ blows per minute hammering doesn't do bearings, bearing shafts or teeth much good.
    I just got someone to sit on the bike & apply the front & back brakes as hard as they could.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

I hate insurance companies.

4 weeks down the line and the post-accident offer hasn't been finalised, so I'm in bike limbo.
    But perhaps worse is the fact that they haven't provided me with a hire vehicle. Since I have no other form of transport it's completely screwed up getting to places, often trebling the journey time, and making the simple things like a supermarket shop impossible. It's now comprises of what fits in a rucksack. I know it's first world problems and all that, but they really have no bloody excuse for this.

It shouldn't be down to me to chase them every single day, but that's what happening.

And it's a lovely dry sunny day!

Rant over.

Master
    That’s not good - what’s the holdup
    Can’t imagine you’d got more than a rucksack full on your bike - I can’t

Just a black hole of inefficiency and silence. So I've sent in a formal complaint to one of the more senior team. They admit that they should have offered me a replacement vehicle, and done sod all about it so far.

Tank bag and tail pack were also used, which although not massive do make a difference.

Anyone here Ceramic coat their bikes? Would you recommend it or is it just an expensive clean and polish?

Anyone here Ceramic coat their bikes? Would you recommend it or is it just an expensive clean and polish?
    Yes, and yes.

Master
    I don’t understand the question..

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, and yes.
    Thanks Tony....
    Yes you do it and would recommend it or yes you do it and it's just an expensive was and wax job?

Master
    Thanks Tony....
    Yes you do it and would recommend it or yes you do it and it's just an expensive was and wax job?
    Despite my comment above, I do get my car ceramic coated every couple of years. IMO if done properly it is way better than an expensive wax job. Muck just washes away very easily, in fact it’s so good that when it’s raining you don’t even need the wipers.. I’ve tried the same stuff on a visor and it was really good.

My advice would be to ask around for recommendations on who does a good job.

I did have my bobber done with that GT80 stuff, but couldn’t recommend it..

Thanks Tony....
    Yes, I do, and yes I'd recommend it.

I get mine done by Freddie Trott (a local valeting icon) and he'd often do my helmet for me at the same time (ahem). In fact, Lind HD at Watford also use him for valeting work and my Sport Glide had a clean, an ACF-50 treatment and a ceramic coating before I bought it from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
    I don’t understand the question..

You need to employ a full time valet for your bikes Enoch! I've done hundreds of miles off road and come home with cleaner bikes!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, I do, and yes I'd recommend it.

I get mine done by Freddie Trott (a local valeting icon) and he'd often do my helmet for me at the same time (ahem). In fact, Lind HD at Watford also use him for valeting work and my Sport Glide had a clean, an ACF-50 treatment and a ceramic coating before I bought it from them.
    Thanks Tony, that's what I needed to know. It's not cheap but I'd like some decent all weather protection.

Craftsman

This thing is lethal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by a13x View Post

This thing is lethal.

Nice bike, looking all the better for the colours/graphics (and exhaust).

Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Nice bike, looking all the better for the colours/graphics (and exhaust).
    Agreed. Really nice colour combo. Is it a Delkevic exhaust?

Master
    You need to employ a full time valet for your bikes Enoch! I've done hundreds of miles off road and come home with cleaner bikes!
    Can you imagine the greeting Enoch’s missus gives him when he walks into the house, looking like an extra from a tough mudder!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Can you imagine the greeting Enoch’s missus gives him when he walks into the house, looking like an extra from a tough mudder!
    She loves me really…. Been using the TMax, keeps me clean and the bike is so easy to give a quick jet wash.

My mate Ash however, had his lady friend on the pillion today on his Thruxton R with a tail tidy.. she was filthy.😁😁

she was filthy.ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    That is good, isn’t it?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    That is good, isn’t it?
    could be.🤪

Just read the Practical Sportsbikes review of the Langen.

Quite refreshing to read a review where they praise the manufacturer for sacrificing quite a lot of peak power (95bhp down to 75bhp) to improve low to mid range driveability, fitting top notch suspension but setting it up for British road use rather than smooth track use and having a riding position for comfort rather than a race-replica crouch [1].

It really does sound rather good.

Best I check down the back of the sofa and see if I can find about £35k in lost change.

[1] most likely a realisation that most potential buyers are closer to 60 than 16.
    Last edited by Gyp; 6th November 2022 at 17:53.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    That was on my list in 2016, and again this month as a replacement for my S1000XR. Will stick with an XR, but the 'punch' appeal of the big twin for twisty roads was so-o tempting.

Reckon you will enjoy that!
    A friend that I ride with had one of these and although he absolutely loved it a decision was made pretty rapidly to move it on to a new owner as he felt it was just too lethal for him to ride with his Mrs on the back as the power was just insane. I naturally mentioned that he didn’t need to ride it like a hooligan but the look on his face suggested that was indeed the case. He now has the new Rocket iii and reckons it makes him ride much more sensibly. Definitely gone from one extreme to the other in terms of size and weight !!

.. she was filthy.ðŸ˜ðŸ˜
    That's no way to talk about a friends wife ;)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    That's no way to talk about a friends wife ;)
    She’s not his wife😈😈

She’s not his wife😈😈
    Well he should marry her quick if she's that dirty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    Well he should marry her quick if she's that dirty.
    I keep telling him that..

Master
    Less is more..?!

Love my Fireblade, but we've moved to a village surrounded by small lanes I really want to explore (which it is really not suited to), and there are also some Green lanes to explore too.

We also have a gravel drive and I'm finding manhandling it over the gravel borderline for my back (the riding position is fine though!).

So I'm being drawn to something light and nimble with some off road capability (doesn't need to be a full on Enduro, just able to potter down some tracks). Budget is limited as we need to spend money on the new (read very old) house.

The main contender currently is the Fantic Caballero 500, either the Scrambler or Rally. I know there's been a couple of people on here who have owned and liked these.

Am I mad?! I genuinely don't think I will miss the power, something light and nippy will be plenty for the sort of riding I plan to do, and I have zero desire to go touring or do distances on motorways.

Is there anything else I should consider. Also been starting to wonder about something more classic, but I suspect the Fantic will fit the bill nicely.

Any thoughts?!

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Less is more..?!

<snip>

Any thoughts?!
    Not had a Fantic but I know that those that have had them seem to love them.

I've dropped over 100bhp over the last few years and that's led to me enjoying a different sort of riding. Similar to what you are describing, I'm enjoying exploring local lanes and green lanes rather than whizzing along A-roads.

I even had a great trip to France earlier in the year, where we got off the ferry and got to our destination at a measured pace on little roads - many with grass up the middle. It was brilliant.

So there's nothing wrong with the transition, as long as you don't try to do the same as you did before.

Less really is more. Even back in the days of the early fire blades, 600s were better road bikes. In my opinion they were more fun as track bikes too.

Moving on thirty years where the equivalents of the blade are now pushing out over 200bjp, it even more true.

I have an xjr1300 which is big and heavy and very old school but still think a modern 650 is more than enough.

A Fantic or Enfield are reportedly great bikes for those who understand that they are no longer likely to be the next undiscovered MotoGP world champion!

Master
    Chatting with a bloke this morning who was riding a RE Himalayan. I asked him what he thought of it. He said "it's slow, ponderous and quite vibey.... and it's my third one!".

Less is more..?!

Love my Fireblade, but we've moved to a village surrounded by small lanes I really want to explore (which it is really not suited to), and there are also some Green lanes to explore too.

We also have a gravel drive and I'm finding manhandling it over the gravel borderline for my back (the riding position is fine though!).

So I'm being drawn to something light and nimble with some off road capability (doesn't need to be a full on Enduro, just able to potter down some tracks). Budget is limited as we need to spend money on the new (read very old) house.

The main contender currently is the Fantic Caballero 500, either the Scrambler or Rally. I know there's been a couple of people on here who have owned and liked these.

Am I mad?! I genuinely don't think I will miss the power, something light and nippy will be plenty for the sort of riding I plan to do, and I have zero desire to go touring or do distances on motorways.

Is there anything else I should consider. Also been starting to wonder about something more classic, but I suspect the Fantic will fit the bill nicely.

Any thoughts?!
    Husqvarna 701e will put an enormous smile on your face and with sensible tyres for road/ off road is comfortable too
    They are very light and very punchy-140-ish kg and 75-80bhp with an end can fitted

A Honda CRF300 Rallye would fit the brief
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Master
    Another left field option KTM 390 Adventure. I have the same engine in my Duke 44 bhp /. 140 kgs not as powerful as the Husky 701 but a hoot to ride and o so easy to move around the garage / manoeuvre.

The Himalayan is a different proposition, as Downer says above owners seem passionate about them “IF” they keep them. I know from the UKGSER forum a number of folk have bought them and enjoyed them, then moved them on. They really are a way of life choice 24 bhp and just under 200kgs it’s certainly different to my Duke.

Having said that I will try one early next year, especially if they bring out the water cooled 450cc 40bhp one.

Master
    24 bhp and just under 200kgs it’s certainly different to my Duke.

Having said that I will try one early next year, especially if they bring out the water cooled 450cc 40bhp one.
    My T7’s 200kg - and tall but ideal for my requirements- just pottering around

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT View Post
    Husqvarna 701e will put an enormous smile on your face and with sensible tyres for road/ off road is comfortable too
    They are very light and very punchy-140-ish kg and 75-80bhp with an end can fitted
    The 701 is a bike that I’ve had my eye on for some time and it could well be my next bike. I’ve never had the chance to ride one so any feedback on what its actually like, both pros and cons would be greatly appreciated. Previously had a CCM Foggy, a Husky Nuda 900 and Ducati 821 Supermoto so I’m guessing it will be of a similar ilk ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    My T7’s 200kg - and tall but ideal for my requirements- just pottering around
    I love the look of the T7 with that Dakar “tower” look. My pal has the 660 Tenere which again I appreciate from a distance………………Why well…2 reasons, my left leg and my right leg :(

Master
    I love the look of the T7 with that Dakar “tower” look. My pal has the 660 Tenere which again I appreciate from a distance………………Why well…2 reasons, my left leg and my right leg :(
    They do a lowering kit and low seat - mine is 900mm with the rally seat
    Untitled by biglewie, on Flickr

Weather is looking promising for the next few days, if anyone fancy a meet up or ride let us know as I will be out and about this week?

I am in Berkshire.

Rich

Master
    Four seasons in one day today while out for a ride with some of the IAM chaps (retired)...

Craftsman
    Less is more..?!

Any thoughts?!
    Fine for a bit of green leaning, maybe swap the tyres when the OE ones are knackered.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

TT-3D Closer To The Edge - full documentary on Youtube.

Seen it at cinema and on DVD, but only just noticed it on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    TT-3D Closer To The Edge - full documentary on Youtube.

Seen it at cinema and on DVD, but only just noticed it on Youtube.
    Also went to see it at the cinema.

The thing that stuck in my mind was what a shame it was for such an iconic film that they didn't set the position of the on-board camera up correctly on Guy's bike.

The TT still gives me the heebee geebies everytime they go under the trees with the dabbled sunlight. I truly don’t know how the see where they are going at those insane speeds.

Small brains, huge balls is my only conclusion, and I love riding fast bikes.

Not sure about small brains, but they must lack a bit of imagination.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57